South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Body Shop Recommendation in DFW area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
jdillen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Shop Recommendation in DFW area?

So I need some quick assistance on a body shop recommendation in the DFW area, generally regardless of cost or time (the other guys insurance is paying for this and I'll have a rental). I live right at DFW airport on the edge of Grapevine/Flowermound/Coppell. I want the car done right the first time so willing to travel around the metroplex.

Story: I was hit while driving in my apartment complex on Wednesday by a guy that was backing out of his parking spot as I was literally driving by behind him (he never looked over his shoulder to see that I was there). Sucky part? It was a Chevy Silverado slamming into my rear quarter panel/edge of bumper/wheel. Couldnt have hit me at more than 5 mph
diagram: ll -- (my car is the two parallel lines moving north, his is the dotted lines west)

Any input? I have to have it appraised at Classic Chevrolet today at 330pm (where his All State rep is located). I'm clearly not going to have them do the work so I need a good recommendation fairly quick. Thanks for any guidance guys.

Edit: pic attached. The damage to the wheel cannot be seen (it's on the lower part since I took this pic after I drove back to my apartment so it wasnt lined up)
Attached Thumbnails Body Shop Recommendation in DFW area?-g37.jpg  

Last edited by jdillen; 03-18-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added Pic
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Herbs in North Richardson did a good job on my Acura.
Just stay on their *** though.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
jdillen

Thanks for the recommendation. That was a place that was on my short list. When you say "stay on their *** though", I presume you mean b/c they take a long time to repair?
Old 03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
AUS10TAT10US

Dent Tech in Plano is good. Quick service and decent pricing. They are bumper repair experts too.

I just took my G there this week to fix a large dent on my front bumper and to fill and blend holes from the license plate. Dropped it off in the morning and picked it back up end of the day.

Not sure how extensive your damage was though. Give them a call and describe it to them. Good luck!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
jdillen

Originally Posted by AUS10TAT10US
Dent Tech in Plano is good. Quick service and decent pricing. They are bumper repair experts too.

I just took my G there this week to fix a large dent on my front bumper and to fill and blend holes from the license plate. Dropped it off in the morning and picked it back up end of the day.

Not sure how extensive your damage was though. Give them a call and describe it to them. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. See pic attached in OP. I'm thinking it's a little more involved for this repair but that's good to know for future reference.

Anyone have opinions on Stuart's Paint & Body in Dallas??
Old 03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
dpattana
Registered Member

Details, LTD in Addison fixed my Audi very nicely and finished ahead of schedule
Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 PM
wpmcnamara

If the other guys insurance is paying, is there a particular reason you wouldn't take it to one of the dealers' body shops? I can't speak for Infiniti, and I hope I never can, but I would expect a luxury brand's dealers to have to best (and most expensive) shops for their cars.

Trending Topics

Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 AM
DJMatrix1067

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Herb's Paint and Body in Plano is by far the best I've ever worked with. At the Coit and 15th area. I used to use Dent Tech, but like the personal service of Herb's way better. Plus they use state of the art paint and booths to get the paint exactly right.

Have taken three of my cars to them and they always do perfect quality work. My G was in a minor accident my second month of ownership and they fixed it better than new.

Marty Goebel is the General Manager there and is a very personable guy!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
quietboy

I take my car to Infiniti ONLY. They have a body shop. Crest Infiniti.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM
jdillen

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
Herb's Paint and Body in Plano is by far the best I've ever worked with. At the Coit and 15th area. I used to use Dent Tech, but like the personal service of Herb's way better. Plus they use state of the art paint and booths to get the paint exactly right.

Have taken three of my cars to them and they always do perfect quality work. My G was in a minor accident my second month of ownership and they fixed it better than new.

Marty Goebel is the General Manager there and is a very personable guy!
This is what I like to hear. Thank you for the candid feedback/recommendation!

I'm just waiting to find out the next step from the claims person. As soon as I know then I will call to set up appointments. It's likely Herb's (i'll go with Plano) or Stuart's Pain & Body in Dallas.

And in response to the dealer auto body shops - some yes, and some no. But not just because it's a high end car does it mean they have a high end body shop, unfortunately. I prefer to find out the good shops independently, which is why I came to you fine folks

Edit: BTW, the guys All State adjuster appraised damage at $1,800. He's doing a refinished wheel from Wheels America, a new tire (completely unneeded, just scraped a little but whatever), alignment and he approved them to pull down the damage and fill/etc and then repair/refit the bumper. Then blend into the areas surrounding. If they cant pull it down and repair then theyll have to cut the panel and put in a new piece. Nervous about all this!

Last edited by jdillen; 03-21-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:56 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I think you'll be straight.
And I meant "stay on them" like call and check on your car every other day or so if you don't hear from them.