South Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

HMNS - Terra Cotta Warriors

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
HMNS - Terra Cotta Warriors

We went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science yesterday to see the new exhibit of the Terra Cotta Warriors on loan from China. Fascinating stuff. It's $25 per person for non members ($12 members), and I would recommend going at a time when it's not likely to be crowded (weekday during the day) or wait until it's nowt so new because it was way too crowded when we went and took quite a while to get through the exhibit. There's not a lot of pieces but the ones they have are really cool. There is some type of proximity alarm in the final exhibit room that seemed to be malfunctioning and was producing the most annoying sound on earth about every 30 seconds or so but they said they were fixing it.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Michelangelo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I got to see some of the "terra-cotta warriors" when they were on exhibit in 1996 in Birmingham, Alabama. It was quite amazing.

We'll get to see them again this November--there's an exhibit opening at the National Geographic Museum in Washington DC. How lucky is that?

Definitely highly recommended for anyone interested in history, China, the history of China, or just really neat really old stuff.