Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

Forgive me, please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Mrallank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive me, please.

I know this sounds stupid. But yesterday I was reading the forum rules and I pretty much understood everything accept for Troll, and Post *****. When I here Troll, I think of a medieval bridge Troll. Post ***** completely confuses me. I'm not young, and I don't quite get the jargon. Could some one help me out with this
Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
A troll is someone who intentionally posts something controversial or inflammatory to get a reaction from someone/anyone. Often the post's true intent is to incite but it may be coyly disguised as a legitimate question or statement. A troll may also be someone who responds to a thread or post with something inflammatory. For example people who post on a G37 forum such as this one with opinions slamming or negative toward the G37 or contend that it's not nearly the car that model X is [usually BMW 3 series, Lexus, audi] is quite possibly trolling. Also someone who posts some statement to intentionally derail or take a legitimate thread off topic may be considered a troll.

Post whoring is posting simply for the sake of posting with little or no real value or content to the posts. This is most commonly done on forums like this one that have some sort of minimum post count requirement to post threads in the classified forum. It is often evident when a person who had been registered for some time but never or seldom posts makes a large number of posts in immediate succession of absolutely no value. Many are two or 3 word responses to various threads such as "Nice wheels!" etc. Other post ****** may visit the forum infrequently and feel a need to respond to every thread that has been started since their last visit even if the question has been answered or is no longer relevant.

Don't do either and you'll be fine.