What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 837 Likes on 716 Posts
Originally Posted by adooma
be thankful you weren't under the car when it dropped
1967 Datsun Roadster. I was 19 or thereabouts. The car had a screw jack that plugged into the rocker panel. I had the driver's side in the air and lying underneath looking at the exhaust routing through the frame. Never thought about chocking a wheel or having the car in gear. Sure enough, it roll backwards and off the jack. I thank my lucky stars I was laying on top of a drain, which of course was sloped so water would, well, drain. That low point in the floor saved my dumb noggin. For years I had a bit of a scar on my forearm where the rocker panel pinch weld hit it. Lesson learned.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 507 Likes on 436 Posts
Originally Posted by future62
Holy crap, what a **** show.

Got home, pulled my daughter + car seat out, I hear "hisssssssssssssssssss". RR tire has a sidewall leak. How, I have no idea.

Also had to do my rear brakes. Front went fine. RR corner went fine and I threw on a bald rear duckfoot to get around on until my replacement went fine. LR.... forgot to put the wheel chock up front, AND had the car up on my jack on my sloped driveway...

Car fell onto the rotor :facepalm: Thankfully not too much damage. Got it all back together and patched it up but what a mess. I have never screwed up that badly in my ~18 years of wrenching. Had to share
Glad to hear you're ok. Did the rotor crack?

I'm guessing you were just using the jack for support. Yikes
Old 04-11-2018, 07:38 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by mvx
I went from a '13 non-nav to '14 nav from a Q40 system, since it is identical to that of the G37. If it is non-nav to nav, there is so much splicing and rewiring to do, like in my case. However, you said nav to newer nav. If your G is 2007, I believe you would have some rewiring to do because the newer navigation systems come from 2010. The higher resolution screens have 2 connectors rather than just 1 found on non-nav systems and older systems (I believe). I don't have all the part numbers needed, but I found a lot of information from the following threads:

In my case, I needed the touch screen display, navigation buttons on the vent bezel, GPS head unit + wires, GPS antenna, and the panel with the A/C buttons (which I am missing). It sure is a lot of work, but I think it was all worth it in the end. I am really satisfied!
You know its funny as years back I was going to do the upgrade in my wife's G from non nav to nav and never really went through with it as I had it in mine and rarely have I ever used it. As a matter of fact, I can count on 1 hand how many times we've used the nav in the new RS.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Glad to hear you're ok. Did the rotor crack?

I'm guessing you were just using the jack for support. Yikes
Yea I was sitting on the side of the car. Man I need to just clean out my garage and go back to working in there. My motorcycle is in pieces so I've been working in the driveway.

Rotor was fine, it didn't fall too far or fast. Got very lucky and learned my lesson. On the upside I have a new tire coming under warranty so it's not all bad.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Looked at the old girl tucked in the garage this morning and cried a little bit. At this rate I may just add more Stabil and leave her til next spring lol
Old 04-11-2018, 09:17 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Well Nico you'll be glad to hear that I'll be sitting in the mid to high 80's everyday for the next 2 weeks with the exception of a day.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes, that makes me feel..... much better lol. All I can hope for is more turns to rain and not vice versa. In a worst case scenario we could see 2+ feet of snow
Old 04-11-2018, 11:01 AM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
You know its funny as years back I was going to do the upgrade in my wife's G from non nav to nav and never really went through with it as I had it in mine and rarely have I ever used it. As a matter of fact, I can count on 1 hand how many times we've used the nav in the new RS.
Yeah, I understand many people don't see the need in upgrading, but since I had the time and ordered the parts over a span of months, I went ahead and did it. I now have a higher resolution screen, bluetooth to connect my music, and of course the navigation. There's plenty to argue against getting the system, but I don't mind as I am truly happy with my result.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:46 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
I feel ya. I couldn't resist doing a detailed wash last weekend, only to be crapped on again first ting Tuesday morning.
My temps arent looking much better, but I mean we arent that far from one another.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:23 PM
wjllope
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ireceived it.

Yesterday i bought a 2013 g37x, 22k miles, single owner, clean carfax, dealer serviced. My first infiniti.
And I received it today. cheers
The following users liked this post:
Calg37USMC (04-13-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 PM
llebcire
Registered Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by wjllope
Yesterday i bought a 2013 g37x, 22k miles, single owner, clean carfax, dealer serviced. My first infiniti.
Nice!

Should be like new with such low miles on a 13.

-Eric
Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 PM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome to the site! Hopefully we get to see some pictures of it soon. The mileage is low which is great!
Old 04-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Washed her really well. Also polished her big single HKS muffler! Nice and shiny again. Tonight it's date night with my beautiful girl and a clean loud Banshee.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 PM
wjllope
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi eric and banshee - thanks for the welcome.. I'm already thinking about finding the better RWD rear sway bar based on some loitering here earlier. I have no interest in tricking it out/lowering/drifting/whatever, but I do hate sway... cheers
Old 04-12-2018, 11:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Hi eric and banshee - thanks for the welcome.. I'm already thinking about finding the better RWD rear sway bar based on some loitering here earlier. I have no interest in tricking it out/lowering/drifting/whatever, but I do hate sway... cheers
Welcome to the site, sounds like a nice find w/ your G! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?