Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Full Project: G37s

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:40 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline6mt
I think he means the black chrome lower grill surrounds. The aero kit has regular chrome.
Thank you, sorry for being wrong but the "IPL bumper" is different and everyone's calling the bumper they are ordering the "IPL bumper".
Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 AM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
Off topic but what chrome hosing are you talking about? My IPL was new and didn't include any chrome housing... And yes it's a real IPL.
I was incorrect, but you know the difference in the IPL bumper you have and the aero bumper everyone's buying calling the IPL bumper.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 AM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
And I clearly read Top Secret on the car... 3 times. Does it say replica on the car? I didn't see it anywhere. Do you see anything wrong with people putting Volk stickers on Rota wheels? Varrstoen wheels?
No but at least he listed it in his mod list and didnt try to pull a fake on us. And like you called out even his decal is off so that looks silly enough. I think the cars clean with the wing though.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Lim'G37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Any pictures of the custom interior red and black?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:10 PM
ColdFire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
And I clearly read Top Secret on the car... 3 times. Does it say replica on the car? I didn't see it anywhere. Do you see anything wrong with people putting Volk stickers on Rota wheels? Varrstoen wheels?
Your explain is totally off the topic. your talking about two different companies with different designs. Here we are talking about a bodykit design by Top Secret regardless if it was authentic or not.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
QtrSkill
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lim'G37
Any pictures of the custom interior red and black?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by ColdFire
Your explain is totally off the topic. your talking about two different companies with different designs. Here we are talking about a bodykit design by Top Secret regardless if it was authentic or not.

Umm Rota and Varrstoen make wheels that are replicas of volk, not too far off topic.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:05 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by DPE G
Umm Rota and Varrstoen make wheels that are replicas of volk, not too far off topic.
I don't want to get into a pissing match with Bill because of course he'd win. But to answer this, yes but no. Both knockoffs yes, in my opinion that sucks. Honestly the TS clone kit was my least favorite part of the car, I don't even like the authentic, that's why I never bought it.

But to answer this knockoff comparison actually no, because the varrstoens have been proven to break, and are dangerous in my opinion but if we're comparing materials the TS - P knock off is actually a stronger material than the fiberglass I can speak on this since I own the Zele fiberglass.

So in theory the knockoff TS is "safer" and stronger than the original design.
With the wheels he references it's the complete opposite.

I hope this stays on topic and doesn't strike a debate in this dudes thread. Sorry for liking his wing and pointing out he was honest about his replica kit.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
1G372nv

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Man... I think we're missing what's important here and that this is a nice ride. Who cares what the sticker says what is authentic or not it look good! The OP was honest saying replica what else is there besides the G. Unless people are hating! To eachs own. I don't make that mans car pymt nor do I put misleading info on my ride BUT that's me. This thread was about the project not about authentic parts that's another thread now I could understand if posted there. I agree about removing sticker but car looks better than most with the sticker! Lets make sure we not only give advice but always support!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Oh boy...

Ry, he was honest in this post saying he has a replica kit, yes. Think of why that might be. The Top Secret kit is a lip kit; not a full front bumper. Does the guy think he is going to post pictures of his car on a forum filled with enthusiasts and lie to everyone that he has an authentic kit? Someone would surely call him on it because we all know by looking at it that it is not authentic. Come on. My point in saying that he does not have a banner on his car stating "My body kit is a replica," is that I would be willing to bet that by advertising the original manufacturer of the kit three times on his car, he is happy to have the non-G37 experts believe that he actually has Top Secret parts on his car when, in fact, he has none.

That aside, the debate is not about materials. It is about design. It is Top Secret's design. Plain and simple. AIT and 180 stole Top Secret's design. That is a statement not up for debate.

My comparison to Varrstoen wheels is not off-topic at all. People take issue when someone puts Volk Racing stickers on their Varrstoen wheels because they are faking the funk - pretending to have the real thing when they actually have a replica. This is no different. A guy rocks a replica body kit and tattoos his car with Top Secret decals and then doesn't like it when he asks for opinions and people call him on?

Right. I'm the jerk again.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
I SEE YOUR SPEEDO IS IN KPH -VS- MPH.......Where you located, or where was the G purchased
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Ry, as bill stated nobody said the kit is unsafe just a replica, I'm not a JDM ***** like some but there is an obvious relation to the wheels and kit. Top Secret is hard to get now, because of the replicas....what if volk said f it too and stopped being available in the US, lots of upset people huh? I don't have a dog in this fight just viewing from both sides. I said in my first post that I kinda dig it. But yes claiming it is what it isn't just kills it a little
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Topher9425
I SEE YOUR SPEEDO IS IN KPH -VS- MPH.......Where you located, or where was the G purchased
His plates say QATAR!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Other than this G being a complete and utter contradiction or lie of real vs replica from the replica top secret kit, to the top secret stickers, back to the skyline badging with the Fuji.....does anyone else besides me think the wing looks like complete crap?

I mean its original and different or whatever you wanna call it, but that doesn't make it look good. It doesn't make it cool. What it makes it look like to me is what a 17 year old kid would do to his Honda civic to make it look like a race car.

But, I'm liking the pizazz you put into the interior. That's one thing I've always said about our G...the interior is so plain. I think you could have used a little less red and a little more CF (like the door moldings), but that's just my taste.

I'm not going to feed the the replica vs. real debate in here because, save for a few, it would fall on deaf ears and it'd be a waste of time, but I will say, in my opinion, this car is almost a complete joke....and is yet another example of why I want to part out to get something a little less "easily attainable".

Last edited by Rad_Slinger; 06-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
^ This guy... is genius! +1000

Quick Reply: Full Project: G37s