Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Initial pics of Status Elite Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
IvoryG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Initial pics of Status Elite Carbon Fiber

Well I haven't installed it because it is 20 degrees and dark out. But here are my initial thoughts and pics. The molding and the weave is great. The finish lacks for me. It has a sort of haze to it. Mine also has some scratches. And last there is this big chunk by one of the bolt holes. I will post up some pics if I install them, but the woman thinks I should return it.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
dang... i would be mad if it wasn't flawless!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
You could return them, but then again... It will be under the hood and will get scratch eventually. If not by you, it will be the dealership of whoever does maintenance on the car.
I'd get in touch with Status Elite and let them know though so you can at least get a partial refund.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM
IvoryG

I am going to wait until I see it out in the sun. It had gotten here about 10-15 minutes before I posted the pics. For some reason their webpage isn't working for me right now either.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
some swirly scratches will be inevitable even on a new product, just from them wiping it clean or something.

the haze i'm not so sure about, but i'd be willing to bet some elbow grease with a light compound would take it all out. it looks to be surface hazing.

that is kind of an oddball chunk right by that bolt hole.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vrquick
I am going to wait until I see it out in the sun. It had gotten here about 10-15 minutes before I posted the pics. For some reason their webpage isn't working for me right now either.
oh there website is working for me
there shipping is
3847 plank road
baton rouge,LA 70805.

ship it there to get it fix

jk,good stuff man beside the bump by the bolt hole
Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
oh there website is working for me
there shipping is
3847 plank road
baton rouge,LA 70805.

ship it there to get it fix

jk,good stuff man beside the bump by the bolt hole
woah woah woah... you actually drive and park your car on Plank Rd in BR??? are you nuckin futs????
Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I believe the haze is normal for that kind of carbonfiber .. Have it clear coated and you will be good to go..
Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ruh Ro. I hope mine are not effed up.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm not impressed...
Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Smile

*This is a long post so it will have continuous postings. <o></o>
Hello G37 Members,
I am Robert from Status Elite and I will answer questions regarding this post. Please allow me to describe our “Dry Carbon” process and what it involves.
Every carbon fiber product we produce is “Dry Carbon.” We utilize the highest quality materials and manufacturing process available in the industry. Our manufacturing process is similar to those of aerospace, aviation, military, motorsports, and Formula 1.
Every composite part starts with the mold and is the most expensive part of producing a product. A quality mold reflects high quality part. At Status Elite we hand craft our molds with high grade epoxy and carbon fiber.
“Dry Carbon” the name has nothing to do with the look and finish of the piece, but it has everything to do with how it’s made. “Dry Carbon” (aka Pre-Preg) is Carbon Fiber pre-impregnated with frozen resin. We utilize a special type of high grade epoxy in our pre-impregnated fibers so that the resin can provide continuous service about 350 degrees. Once vacuumed pressure and heat is induced the resin flows evenly providing the same consistency for every piece.

At Status Elite we vacuum bag and AUTOCLAVE every part we produce. The advantage of autoclaving is the constant high pressure and high temp cure which enables the part to achieve high durability and strength. Under applied pressure the “Dry Carbon” (aka Pre-Preg) is able to fuse tightly together. Applied pressure allows excess resin to be removed, which translates to light weight. <o>></o>>
Here is an example of Status Elite Dry Carbon Products<o>></o>>
<o></o>

*Status Elite Carbon we are able to achieve the reflective shine and mirror finish is by utilizing our mold making technology. Our parts come out of the mold just like how you will receive it. To prep Status Elite Dry Carbon you will only need to spray PLEDGE furniture polish (pics below) as it is a very gentle spray product. This is tested and determined by Status Elite to be the best to restore the original shine and maintenance for the Dry Carbon. (To polish and restore shine, spray a mist of Pledge and wipe off with clean microfiber towels.)

*People mentioned the problem with HAZE. Let me clarify that a little bit. On high grade dry carbon products the light hint of haze is natural. Status Elite Dry Carbon are able to achieve a mirror shine is only achieved utilizing our mold making technology. The mirror shine in Dry Carbon products is a technology not many company can achieve and very expensive.

Many of you probably heard of the company ZELE Performance as they are a premier Japanese Tuning Company with high quality products. I would like to show you an example of ZELE Performance’s Dry Carbon Products. Please click on the picture in the following link to see the type of finish of a normal Dry Carbon Products
http://www.nengun.com/zele-performan...n-engine-cover

*The pictures posted up by vrquick are Status Elite Dry Carbon Products. Some scratches are inevitable on a new mirror finished products. Again members should keep in mind that we do not spray any clear coat on our products to cover up blemishes to offer a make shine. I believe that in the picture posted, part of the haze is very possible to be finger grease or polish that is not completely wiped off.

Now the little chunk next to the bolt hole, that is there is because due to the angle of the shroud and how the air is directed that the excess resin in creating a small build up at that particular low point under pressure. This is considered normal utilizing AUTOCLAVE technology. Below has a link to Zele Performance 370Z Radiator Shroud. *please look over the picture and you will see small build ups next to some bolt holes.
Zele Performance Radiator Shroud http://370ztune.com/370z/z34/zele/pa...arbon/pid/422#

I hope I answer some of your questions about Status Elite Dry Carbon Fiber. If you have questioned regarding our product or the technology we utilizes. Please pm me or email me directly at Robert@status-elite.com

Thank you and have a great day,
Robert @ Status Elite

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 03-06-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like status elite trying to bump up there post.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

I know you put a lot of effort into describing all that and trust me, I did try my best to understand everything. But, I'm a little slow (or a lot depending on your standards) and I'm still new to the carbon fiber products. Can those scratches that "are inevitable" be polished out? Or are you just eatting into the resin and making it worse?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Status Elite Dry Carbon

Status Elite's Carbon mold has a very very clear gel coat so the finish is mirror like. that finish is similar to a new car's finish without clear coat. our shine is straight from the epoxy and process that we use. anything can damage a perfect finished carbon product. microfiber is the softest thing we know to use to clean cars and even that can put minor scratches on it. With the scratches if is a physical scratch then you then you might damage the fiber. however if is just a scratch from debris, towels, or soft object you can easily wipe it off with a little bit of pledge and microfiber towels. pledge offers a polish and is gentle. as long as you wipe the pledge off completely, it will polish the part and give it a protective layer similar to wax. But NOT WAX!! don't use wax!

*you won't cut into the fiber if you are just polish it by hand. machine polish may damage our products.

Ivoidwarranties i hope i answered your questions. if you have any others questions please let me know and i will be glad to answer it for you.

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
I know you put a lot of effort into describing all that and trust me, I did try my best to understand everything. But, I'm a little slow (or a lot depending on your standards) and I'm still new to the carbon fiber products. Can those scratches that "are inevitable" be polished out? Or are you just eatting into the resin and making it worse?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Status Elite
Again members should keep in mind that we do not spray any clear coat on our products to cover up blemishes to offer a make shine.
What is the down side to having the parts clear coated? And I'm talking professional automotive type paint.

Quick Reply: Initial pics of Status Elite Carbon Fiber