Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

superbrightleds.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by finagle69
yeah, it's difficult to tell from the pic, but i'd guess you have more useable light with the radial 5, right?
Exactly.... plus it looks way better too
Old 10-18-2007, 11:02 PM
DrJones

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
guys, how long did shipping take for u all. I still have no lights.

sweet pic btw!

ordered mine on a sunday received them on a tuesday. shipping was pretty quick.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daang, i wonder how i can check about my order.
hopefully i will have them tomorrow. must be cuz im way over on the east coast.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Ahujadaddy

Guys, did u all use USPS? I ordered sunday, saw it was shipped monday at 3pm, it is now friday night. Still nothing!

USPS tracking number doesnt give me much. Saying that they have electronic scan from sender indicating to expect delivery, but USPS says it does not mean that they have actually recieved the package with them yet.

wthh
Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM
DrJones

Guys, did u all use USPS? I ordered sunday, saw it was shipped monday at 3pm, it is now friday night. Still nothing!

USPS tracking number doesnt give me much. Saying that they have electronic scan from sender indicating to expect delivery, but USPS says it does not mean that they have actually recieved the package with them yet.

wthh

Mine were shipped USPS and sent to my office as apposed to home.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Ahujadaddy

Finally got it yesterday, 5 days AFTER it shipped.

Let me say the 12 LED light doesnt fit in the license plate... it will fit in EVERYWHERE else... except maybe the trunk... but in the trunk u can just NOT close the dome cover and ur good.

It's hidden from our view anyway, and we get more light. A 12 LED white is perfect for the trunk, and maaaaaaaaybe the side doors.

It looks like ur entering a space ship when u open the door, but u can see a bright spot in the center when u look at the lens. So, i'm trying a 5 in this one. I'm still debating wether to order two more 12s and put them in the door instead.

12 in the map light would be WAAAY too bright. Unless of course... ur gettin UV light here like me, then 12 is ok. LOL
Old 10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Could you please post some comparison night photos of the 12 LED vs the others?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Ahujadaddy

i took a bunch with my camera phone... but can't seem to find my 5 MP camera =(

I will keep looking though. In the meantime i'm makinig another order with diff bulbs and one new color to try.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:26 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
\
12 in the map light would be WAAAY too bright. Unless of course... ur gettin UV light here like me, then 12 is ok. LOL
is the UV led purplish?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Ahujadaddy

It is purple. I liked how it made the licesne plate look EVIL... but i kno i'll get pulled over.
As a map light, it looks "cool" esp if you are wearing something with white in it.
However there is no funtional light at all. So i i'm gonna keep my UV lights for showin off at meets maybe.

Otherwise, i will succumb and go with the 5 LED cool white in the map lights like everyone else.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Orbie

Ok guys I finally received my order and put in the license and trunk lights. Now I'm working on the step lights on the doors but don't really want to wrench the covers off as I'm not entirely sure which way they come out. To any who have already done this, how did you take the covers off? did you open from the top or bottom? I've tried putting a screwdriver in the top and gently pry the thing open but I'm afraid it's going to snap.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Orbie
Ok guys I finally received my order and put in the license and trunk lights. Now I'm working on the step lights on the doors but don't really want to wrench the covers off as I'm not entirely sure which way they come out. To any who have already done this, how did you take the covers off? did you open from the top or bottom? I've tried putting a screwdriver in the top and gently pry the thing open but I'm afraid it's going to snap.

Thanks in advance.
use a butterknife...screwdriver is too thick

and i'd pry it from the bottom...just so if i do accidentally leave a mark, it wont be as noticeable
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Orbie

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
use a butterknife...screwdriver is too thick

and i'd pry it from the bottom...just so if i do accidentally leave a mark, it wont be as noticeable
We'll actually I'm using one of those mini screwdrivers for small screws on glasses etc. The butter knife maybe better to distribute the force though. Have you replaced your step bulbs? do you know for sure if that panel opens from bottom up or top down? I agree I don't want to leave any marks, but it really does appear that the panel opens from the top.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:16 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Orbie
We'll actually I'm using one of those mini screwdrivers for small screws on glasses etc. The butter knife maybe better to distribute the force though. Have you replaced your step bulbs? do you know for sure if that panel opens from bottom up or top down? I agree I don't want to leave any marks, but it really does appear that the panel opens from the top.
use a butter knife!

and i pop mines out from the bottom...guess u can do it from the top too....but i chose to go thru the bottom with reason from my previous post
Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i used a butter knife, but stuck it in from the side. gently apply pressure and pull slowly towards yourself. comes out super easy...

the hard part is taking the light assembly itself apart. took some doin.

Quick Reply: superbrightleds.com