76.47%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I predict the CSC fails on both our cars the night before.

Or it fails while driving through the backwoods of PA.
Don't even say that, I definitely want to make this years Meet-up in my own sedan

I think whenever it happens that I may need new clutch, I'll definitely get something aftermarket, because the OEM sucks and one can't even drop the clutch once in blue moon without the clutch pedal sticking to the floor.

I did that once with TC off up in Bear Mountain,NY area about a year ago when I was having fun around the twists and turns following my brother in his G8 GT and well we had to quickly jump out of this side road with bad visibility onto this main road but seeing my brother launching onto the main road sideways I didn't think of much and wanted to do the same quickly realizing that when I dropped my clutch it got stuck to the floor.. and I decided to never do that again

John John John, I'm excited for some backwoods of PA twists and turns, with my new PSS and also hotchkis swaybars with whiteline rear endlinks going on in few weeks as well !
Old 03-18-2015, 10:12 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
This thread makes me sick... why did I buy a house?
The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (03-19-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
For the same reason you traded in a perfectly fine G37 for a slightly different G37... because you validate big decisions by aggressively committing to them.

Just a guess.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
It was all a secret plan to justify buying an Audi
Old 03-18-2015, 11:34 PM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
HAHA, you made me LOL Chris. This story will never die out haha.

Fine fine I'll tell him...

soo... nrp... you see.. the thing is....there's no need to worry about your G being 0.2L shy because well I...last year I...

OK Fawk it , last year I drove the infamous #10 loaner car that everybody always makes fun of, because about a week before the meet up, I took the car to the dealer for faulty PS pump which they replaced under warranty, but they also found my manual transmission to be faulty which they also replaced but that took longer than expected and I was forced to drive to the meet up in the #10 loaner because I didn't want to miss it ! at least the color was the same as my car's !
Nice nice, must have been pretty disappointing to find out they wouldn't have your car back in time but at least you got your trans fixed and a damn good story out of it.
Mik3G37S (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Mik3G37S

hahaha because it was part of your plan to ditch the G community for that E60 M5 that you're going to buy don't make the same mistake of getting automatic, because it'll bore you pretty quick even for an M5 with a beautifully screaming V10 and those SMGs suck and are really expensive to maintain, 6MT FTW but either way you'll decide whatever you'll decide, but these are just my 0.2

Originally Posted by nrp
Nice nice, must have been pretty disappointing to find out they wouldn't have your car back in time but at least you got your trans fixed and a damn good story out of it.
Yeah it was quite disappointing but at the end of the day I got a new transmission under warranty, so that kind of put my mind at ease, but wasn't easy getting to the meet up thinking I was driving a loaner along the other guys and then actually being there at the meet up didn't make it any easier either haha.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 AM
micmuscles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody from eastern pa? Philadelphia area?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:32 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
hahaha because it was part of your plan to ditch the G community for that E60 M5 that you're going to buy don't make the same mistake of getting automatic, because it'll bore you pretty quick even for an M5 with a beautifully screaming V10 and those SMGs suck and are really expensive to maintain, 6MT FTW but either way you'll decide whatever you'll decide, but these are just my 0.2

Yeah it was quite disappointing but at the end of the day I got a new transmission under warranty, so that kind of put my mind at ease, but wasn't easy getting to the meet up thinking I was driving a loaner along the other guys and then actually being there at the meet up didn't make it any easier either haha.

if you do end up bringing #10 this year, make sure you swap the shield over to the loaner

Can someone PM me when there's a date and/or add me to the attendee list? Hardly come on the board anymore, but I'd love to come to this year's meet.
Mik3G37S (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by aktif8

if you do end up bringing #10 this year, make sure you swap the shield over to the loaner

Can someone PM me when there's a date and/or add me to the attendee list? Hardly come on the board anymore, but I'd love to come to this year's meet.
Haha, damn! Keith! What's up buddy, been a damn while, we need to link up somewhere locally sometime soon once the weather clears up.

Haha true about the shield, but that won't be necessary, I'll make sure of it.

The date is May 16th per Connor, once there's a list or anything changes I'll keep you in mind and I'll send you a text bro!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 PM
eurtsx

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Can't wait for this meet!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:51 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Haha, damn! Keith! What's up buddy, been a damn while, we need to link up somewhere locally sometime soon once the weather clears up.

Haha true about the shield, but that won't be necessary, I'll make sure of it.

The date is May 16th per Connor, once there's a list or anything changes I'll keep you in mind and I'll send you a text bro!

I ran out of things to do the g, and I've been traveling a ton for work - been out of the country half this year so far, so haven't had a ton of time for the boards

For the g, I'm vaguely contemplating coupe seats since my driver's side bolster has seen better days, but there's really nothing else left on this car.

Spending way too much time on the Abarth (and therefore that's where the $ is going, that little $#!% car is a mod-money pit.)
Mik3G37S (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 04:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by aktif8
Spending way too much time on the Abarth (and therefore that's where the $ is going, that little $#!% car is a mod-money pit.)
Since we've all seen the G last year, you should drive down in the Fiat. I bet there would be a line, everyone eager to get some seat time in that little pocket rocket.

You could sell tickets.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:58 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Ok - I just wanted to provide an update for you all.

I've been calling various parks and outdoor locations attempting to request a pavilion. Turns out most were booked last year and others do not have a reservation option. I don't know how we got so lucky last year.

After taking with a few friends in the area, they suggested talking to a few local businesses/restaurants, asking to allow us some space in the parking lot to hang out. One of which is Victory Brewing Co.

I'd like to hear some feedback on this option from you all. If the general consensus is to be in a park-like environment and to BBQ, we will have to push the planned May 16th date to another day.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Ok - I just wanted to provide an update for you all.

I've been calling various parks and outdoor locations attempting to request a pavilion. Turns out most were booked last year and others do not have a reservation option. I don't know how we got so lucky last year.

After taking with a few friends in the area, they suggested talking to a few local businesses/restaurants, asking to allow us some space in the parking lot to hang out. One of which is Victory Brewing Co.

I'd like to hear some feedback on this option from you all. If the general consensus is to be in a park-like environment and to BBQ, we will have to push the planned May 16th date to another day.
For me it doesn't matter whichever works out better and makes it possible for the meet to happen, I'm fine with a park-like environment and BBQ but a restaurant with a part of their parking lot reserved for us sounds good too, let's see what everyone else says
Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Maybe I'm not remembering it the same, but I recall more time spent under the pavilion than actually hanging out with the cars.

Quick Reply: 2015 G37 Sedan Meet-up (August 29) Chat Thread