NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Mauro Chrysler.... Woodbridge NJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
erock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mauro Chrysler.... Woodbridge NJ

/RANT

I understand why these guys are going out of business....

I've been looking for a truck and noticed one that I was interested in on their lot.

I've emailed them with an inquiry; no response.

I went on their website for some info on that particular truck; no info. (Keep in mind, this truck has been on the lot for a couple of months now, I drive by the dealership everyday).

I finally have some time to visit the dealership but give them a call before I head out there to gather some basic info, besides, I'm waiting on my wife to finish getting ready to go.

It's a bit difficult to provide a typed portrayal of how the conversation went but here it goes:

*ring, ring*

MM1: Mauro Motors....

Me: Hello, I'm calling on Information regarding the Black Dodge Ram....

MM1: Hold on.... (I get transferred)

MM2: Hello.... (I figured this person knew what the call was about and waited for the typical "how can I help you" or "you're calling regarding........"

MM2: HELLOOOO!!! (I realize this person may have just been transferred my call w/ no info... that's fine)

Me: Hi, I'm calling for information about the Black Dodge Ram on the lot....

MM2: Yea!?!?!?!?! (gave him a second, thought that maybe, just maybe, he'd like to try to attempt some kind of sales pitch or at least get me interested in the vehicle - Sales 101)

Me: uh, can you tell me a bit about the truck? What's the asking price?

MM2: It's an '08, brand new, $28,000...... (again, my fault for expecting this person to try and get me interested in the product- gave him a minute - no other info provided; just silence)

Me: Well, uh...... (Just as I was going to ask what options, etc; I stopped myself from asking anymore questions)

Me: Y'know what, thanks..... *click*

I'm sorry, was I bothering you.... Your dealership is in the news and is one of the dealerships that's about to get shutdown by Chrysler in NJ... I assumed a call-in is a GOOD lead and a SALESperson would at least make an effort to get me in to talk face to face (FYI, I was already dressed and ready to head over there anyway). As the title states: I understand why they're going out of business.

/RANT