Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

I Repeat Do Not Do Any Business With Peninsula Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:25 PM
S2020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, reading all these posts made me worry. I got my car from there...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
andy2434

Originally Posted by S2020
Wow, reading all these posts made me worry. I got my car from there...
That's okay . . . Simply do not go back for anything.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:42 PM
xxpolo47xx

yup, penninsula infiniti sucks ballz. I bought my car from there but OMG it took us 2 hours.

- kept trying to add that lojack thing
- dude kept saying let me ask my manager.. let me check if i can get you that
- kept trying to get us to extend from 60 months to like 66 or 72
- during our talk, we decided to switch from DG to the dark blue color, i forgot what it was called. when we got the car, it was DG. WTF. i mean i am coo with either color. but damn.. went to pick up my car and thought it was gonna be blue, find out it was DG.
- Dude kept trying to take out options. we said fully loaded with aero or no sale. After all the talk we found out that we were negotiating on a non-spoiler car. WTF? when did that happen.
- Said my first oil change is free. I just got mine a week ago, to my suprise, not free. First and last time i am going to Infiniti. i do everything myself anyways.

So yeah i hate pennisula infiniti but i got the car anyways. I got my fully loaded 05 DG coupe(no spoiler) for a little under 39k OTD which is not bad so i am not tripping. i like my car without one now anyways so yeah.

I walked out too. we wanted $580 monthly payments.. we talked them from 650 all the way to 584. We said 580 or no deal. So he went to his manager like twice and said "this is the last and final, take it.. and you have a great new car" we like.. umm nope, i think we'll go to the BMW dealership real quick and walked out. opened the door to walk outside and next thing you hear is "WAIT WAIT... let me try again". so yeah we got our car.

btw first quote was 43k OTD.

Mark
Old 08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
bert039

I bought my car from them as well. Definitely shady sales tactics. It took us OVER 3 hours to bring the price down to around 26K for my used G. Not happy with that price, we left, only to check later on that night that on THEIR OWN website, the same car, VIN and everything, advertised for $1500 cheaper then their lowest offering price. WTF is that? At that time I could only blame myself for not doing more research, but even still, where's the integrity?

In hindsight, we really should have taken our business elsewhere. But at that time I had just wrecked my Integra and was in need of a new car badly.

Originally Posted by aaron6166
My salesman at Penninsula Infiniti:
- magically used to work for Apple Computers for 15 years as an engineer, AFTER I mentioned I was in the tech industry. I wonder how he managed to move up to selling cars at a shady-*** dealership?
LOL I think I bought my car off the same guy? I don't want to name his name, but was it an older white guy? Although he told me he worked at IBM for 15+ years

I still go back there to do my oil changes because its a lot easier to schedule an available time, when compared to Pleasanton. I guess now I know why....
Old 08-01-2005, 10:35 PM
kachme

sorry to hear about that. You just need to come up to Atlanta where the dealers treat you right!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:06 AM
gizsf

Originally Posted by bert039

LOL I think I bought my car off the same guy? I don't want to name his name, but was it an older white guy? Although he told me he worked at IBM for 15+ years
LOL....older balding bastard...I think blonde combed-over hair..that looks like he came to work after pounding a bottle and in yesterdays slept-in clothes! Is that the guy?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:56 AM
ajayjuneja

wow, sounds like Peninsula has gotten terrible. I bought my car from there (May 2004) and got the price down to what I wanted within 15 min. Unfortunately, that sales guy (Brian Fortune) has since left. I was disappointed at their service dept. (they screwed up my first oil change by putting in dino oil instead of the mobil 1 I told them to put in which was in my trunk).

Never gone back since then, all my work is being done by the Small Car Shop in Palo Alto or Scott Performance in Santa Clara. Great experiences at both of them!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by ajayjuneja
wow, sounds like Peninsula has gotten terrible. I bought my car from there (May 2004) and got the price down to what I wanted within 15 min. Unfortunately, that sales guy (Brian Fortune) has since left. I was disappointed at their service dept. (they screwed up my first oil change by putting in dino oil instead of the mobil 1 I told them to put in which was in my trunk).

Never gone back since then, all my work is being done by the Small Car Shop in Palo Alto or Scott Performance in Santa Clara. Great experiences at both of them!
He came back, he was (sorta) my saleperson, he is now "internet" sales manager.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:41 AM
aaron6166

Originally Posted by bert039
Originally Posted by gizsf
LOL....older balding bastard...I think blonde combed-over hair..that looks like he came to work after pounding a bottle and in yesterdays slept-in clothes! Is that the guy?
OMG haha that's the guy... Impressive resume, huh? It was real fishy once he said he also owned a 15" powerbook. I totally saw my gf rolling her eyes at that point.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
ajayjuneja

so the manager of the shop that fixes my car is now going to be a salesperson at Niello Infiniti in Concord. His name is Evan Scott and he drives a Q45 and is a big Nissan enthusiast himself. I would recommend talking to him if you are in the market for a car, he's a super nice guy and a straight shooter too.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Gsedan35

Geez, makes me really appreciate my buying experience. I could have bought from any bay area dealer. However I had a special need for a option level no central or nor cal dealer was willing to stock. I bought the car over the phone from Thousand Oaks Infinti, they gave me a price that was $500 over invoice without me even asking about price. Then they drove the car over 300 miles to my door for a $50 fee. I will NEVER ever buy a car any other way again.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:36 AM
mastermind050

Yeah +1 on the "peninsula infiniti" sucks group, they didn't treat me with any respect when I tried to buy. Guess I looked to young or something...

Serramonte all the way...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:13 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
So far, I think I am the only one who bought my G at this place and walked away satisfied. Jim Jennings and Mike Grellman helped me out and they did an awesome job. I got 500 over invoice without even having to negotiate and they had the exact car I wanted. I'm very satisfied at this point.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Ev_eezy

Originally Posted by ajayjuneja
so the manager of the shop that fixes my car is now going to be a salesperson at Niello Infiniti in Concord. His name is Evan Scott and he drives a Q45 and is a big Nissan enthusiast himself. I would recommend talking to him if you are in the market for a car, he's a super nice guy and a straight shooter too.
Actually it's Evan King
Thanks for the kind words though Ajay! It was refreshing to see a fellow enthusiast come in the shop from time to time and take my mind off all those broke down Honda's!

This will be my second go round at Niello though I don't start at September. Though I would like people to buy from me or Niello Infiniti, I'm more than happy to give buying advice at any time no matter what. It's one thing to talk about buying a car with a salesman, it's another thing to talk about buying your car and what you're going to do to it with an enthusiast

- Evan
evanvking@gmail.com