Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:41 PM
gambus55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie

Hi all,

Recently purchased a 2012 G37 Sedan. Extremely happy with my purchase. Still getting used to some of the controls but should be a master of them in no time. I don't plan on modding it out or doing anything crazy. I just wanna keep it maintained well and in great shape. I have no plans of selling it, but you never know what the future holds. My only question so far is a question of where I should take my vehicle for servicing when it needs it. I basically have 4 options...

*Option 1 - I work at a Toyota dealership and our service department is great. The service techs are awesome, but I'm not sure if taking it to an Infiniti dealership would be any better.

*Option 2 - Take it to the Infiniti dealer which is about 50 miles away and I'm sure the most expensive out of all of my options (haven't priced any regular maintenances just yet)

*Option 3 - Take it to my local Nissan dealership and hopefully they can work on it

*Option 4 - Take it to pep boys/local mechanic

No maintenance is needed as of yet, but I want to be prepared when it is time. Very excited about this car and can't wait to go through some posts to get some new ideas. Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 03:23 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
For simple maintenance, anyone can do it. If a Consult is needed, Nissan may balk leaving only the Infiniti dealer.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site! If you have an extended warranty then an Infiniti dealer for anything related to that, other than that a Nissan dealer should be cheaper for work that is Nissan/Infiniti specific. For most other maintenance/service a reputable private shop should be just fine.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:38 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Find yourself a reliable local shop. It'l be just as good or better than the dealer and way less $$ and upsells. Here's a good link to find a decent mechanic near you.

https://www.cartalk.com/mechanics-files
Old 01-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. DIY maintenance or take it to your Toyota guys who know you and that you trust.