Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

15k Miles maintenance

Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 PM
RN4L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15k Miles maintenance

It has been about half a year since I got my G (2013 G37x sedan),

Only mods I've done is Tint. I got the car at around 8k miles and since then I have really only changed the oil at 11k. Changed to M1 5w-30, and noticed the difference right after I left my mechanics shops. Also recommendation on oil and filters would be appreciated (heard good and bad things about M1, but to my feeling it has been great after the change and slowly gotten laggier since)

I was wondering what I should get checked out at this time, I've checked all my fluids (except for trans, which I think is hidden if I'm correct, I read that somewhere online Infiniti did that so people would mix the fluids when refilling) and they are good just need a little refill on the coolant.

I am going to get my oil changed at 16k which I am coming up on now. Usually, I got to my mechanics shop for a while now, but since this is my newest car I've had I wanted to know if I should maybe take it to the stealership to get somethings checked out.

Basically, I would like to know what I should do myself and if I should go to the dealership to get somethings checked out on. I've read that a lot of people recommend doing a transmission oil flush (I think it was), check brake pads, rotate tires etc.

I'd like to say I can do some stuff by DIY but don't have the garage or space to do more advanced things.

I've installed a sub and amp in my old car and did a lot of small fixes (that is my level of mechanic)

I drive schedule 1 driving, interstate to work so traffic and on the weekends I am able to get some real highway/ backroad driving in. I live near DC so weatherwise I get everything.

Anything else I am missing so that I can help yall help me just let me know and thanks in advance.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:59 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
If you feel you're driving as per schedule 1 then I'd just follow the maintenance schedule for that. If your brake fluid has never been flushed that is a fluid that degrades quite a bit over time due to moisture, so that would be one I'd look at.

As far as DIY, only you can really answer what you're capable of doing based on your previous wrenching and the space/tools you have to do that.

Check our DIY section, give the service items a look and see if it's something you can handle. As far as the AT, if you don't have jackstands and a good place to do that I'd leave that one to the dealer, and I'd stick to the FSM procedure (3x drain & fill), not the flush.

Search this Thread