Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My 2012 G37 Journey Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Alifmomin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2012 G37 Journey Sedan

Hello, I’m new to this previously I had a 09 Camry and I can say with full confidence that buying a G37 is the best thing I’ve done thus far!
Old 09-20-2017, 05:03 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro! Welcome to the site, take it easy w/ all that new power
Old 09-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Alifmomin

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice intro! Welcome to the site, take it easy w/ all that new power
Thank you! I’ll try my best 😂
Old 09-21-2017, 04:15 AM
carid
Former Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Congratulations! You will be happy with your decision, it is a beautiful car. Done any modding yet or got any plans for it?
Old 09-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Alifmomin

So far I’ve done a muffler delete & am looking to get a resonator delete along with intakes! This forum has been helpful with a lot of info! Thank you! Any mods to your G you’ve done that you recommend?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:36 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Keep the resonators. By all accounts, removing the resonators makes your car sound like ***.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Alifmomin

Thanks for the input! Resonator was a maybe! Anything else you guys would think would be a good mod to add to increase power?
Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
High flow cats or test pipes (resonated is much better sound) will typically gain the most, intakes lose low end (which is already the weak point in the power band) but gain at WOT and over 3500 rpm, but mainly sound aggressive.

Might look into a X pipe resonator section to free up flow, but like slartibart mentioned, a delete of that section and you'll be buzzing down the road sounding low budget.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM
JWade

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alifmomin
So far I’ve done a muffler delete & am looking to get a resonator delete along with intakes! This forum has been helpful with a lot of info! Thank you! Any mods to your G you’ve done that you recommend?
Welcome man! I'm pretty new here myself. What did you go with for your muffler delete? How much of a difference did it make for you? Thats looking to be my first thing I do besides some small appearance mods for now.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Alifmomin

Originally Posted by blnewt
High flow cats or test pipes (resonated is much better sound) will typically gain the most, intakes lose low end (which is already the weak point in the power band) but gain at WOT and over 3500 rpm, but mainly sound aggressive.

Might look into a X pipe resonator section to free up flow, but like slartibart mentioned, a delete of that section and you'll be buzzing down the road sounding low budget.
Thanks for the input! That’s what I’m worried about! I have muffler deletes right now and I can say the car sounds amazing and by doing a delete I don’t want the car sounding too raspy! I’ve been looking into test pipes being an option as well.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Alifmomin

Originally Posted by JWade
Welcome man! I'm pretty new here myself. What did you go with for your muffler delete? How much of a difference did it make for you? Thats looking to be my first thing I do besides some small appearance mods for now.
Thanks man! The muffler delete I wouldn’t be able to tell you if it gained up since I haven’t gotten it dynoed, but the car sounds amazing! I have a few videos but iPhone audio does it 0 justice! My miles per gallon dropped to 14mpg, but that’s only because I can’t help but hit the gas every opportunity I get 😂 As a low budget first mod I think it made a huge difference with the sound!