Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

G35 to G37? Newbi First Post

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 04:42 PM
Splunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 to G37? Newbi First Post

New to the forum.....

I own a G35 and 350z. I came across a great deal on a G37s and am seriously thinking about getting rid of the 35.

I know they have packed a few more ponies in the 37's but are there any other BIG differences between a late model 35 and 37?

I have low mileage on my 35, but I love the styling of the 37....Just don't know if it is worth the *** pain of selling, buying and modding a new one!

My current G35....

Old 07-31-2017, 05:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Looks like a nice 35, I'd keep it
Welcome to the site BTW, and any pics of your Z?
Old 07-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Splunk

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looks like a nice 35, I'd keep it
Welcome to the site BTW, and any pics of your Z?
Where in NM are you?

Last edited by Splunk; 07-31-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:40 PM
Splunk

I'll snap some pics of the Z when the weather clears up

Last edited by Splunk; 07-31-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Splunk
Where in NM are you?
Down in the area of little green aliens, Roswell, lol.

Are you nearby?
Old 07-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Splunk

No ****. Been there a few times.

I'm in Alb's.

Small world
Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Blade Runner
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Your G35 rocks man. I had a G35 for 12 years and loved it. It started giving me trouble so I sold it. There are times I feel I should have stuck with it, but am very happy with my IPL. I still think overall the G35C is a better looking car, but the G37 is a more modern design. With the IPL package it gets back the aggressive look that I found missing with the base G37. As for the differences, the biggest one to me is the interior. Quality of materials is better, and the stock stereo / infotainment system is miles ahead of the one in the G35. Handling and breaking are also better in the 37, but on the minus side it is heavier. The extra hp helps overcome the added pork tho. As I said I am very happy with my G37, but there are times I miss my Laser Red coupe. But never enough to switch back. I would recommend finding a good condition G37 at a dealer and taking it for a test drive. Look for 2010 and up as there are significant improvements (transmission, infotainment, etc.). If handling is important, stick to the S or IPL models. Just be aware IPLs can be hard to find, particularly in stick form. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:10 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I love the g35. I actually like the styling of 35 more than 37.

honestly don't think it's enough of an upgrade unless you're trying to change transmissions, or if your g35 is a stock non S. gotta be a deal you can't pass up in order to buy the 37 IMO.

Forget about the IPL. Only get it if you're going to stay stock. I have one and regret not getting an S.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Splunk

Originally Posted by Blade Runner
Your G35 rocks man. I had a G35 for 12 years and loved it. It started giving me trouble so I sold it. There are times I feel I should have stuck with it, but am very happy with my IPL. I still think overall the G35C is a better looking car, but the G37 is a more modern design. With the IPL package it gets back the aggressive look that I found missing with the base G37. As for the differences, the biggest one to me is the interior. Quality of materials is better, and the stock stereo / infotainment system is miles ahead of the one in the G35. Handling and breaking are also better in the 37, but on the minus side it is heavier. The extra hp helps overcome the added pork tho. As I said I am very happy with my G37, but there are times I miss my Laser Red coupe. But never enough to switch back. I would recommend finding a good condition G37 at a dealer and taking it for a test drive. Look for 2010 and up as there are significant improvements (transmission, infotainment, etc.). If handling is important, stick to the S or IPL models. Just be aware IPLs can be hard to find, particularly in stick form. Hope this helps.
i have looked at the IPL but that is way more than I would pay for what it is. I only paid 10k for my G so I was only looking at 15k max for a new ride. I'm actually very happy with the 35 but like the newer amenities that the newer models might have. It's a pretty good deal, but I guess I will pass. I put some money into my current setup and from what I know suspension parts are not interchangeable between the models 35-37. I don't really feel like doing that work all over again lol.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Splunk

Originally Posted by kroy
I love the g35. I actually like the styling of 35 more than 37.

honestly don't think it's enough of an upgrade unless you're trying to change transmissions, or if your g35 is a stock non S. gotta be a deal you can't pass up in order to buy the 37 IMO.

Forget about the IPL. Only get it if you're going to stay stock. I have one and regret not getting an S.
it is an S model I was looking at. So funny thing is that I love the styling of the 37, but I think they missed it on the rear end and headlights. I really like the 35 as well but I was thinking there was some major differences between the models. I might just keep what I got and keep my eyes open for something that already has the mods I'm looking to do to a 37. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:45 PM
pymartin964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang, your 35 is beautiful! I would get the 37 though. The interior is a bit better on quality and design. Also over 30 more HP is a great bonus! And lastly, the American Dream is to have...

Go for it!