Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Lowering The G37

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 06:27 PM
TacoG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering The G37

So I got some wheels installed yesterday they are 18in Miros 398 8.5 in the front and 10.5 in the rear. Im going to lower the the car on springs but I think I'm going to rub on the fender if i do. The tire size in the rear is 275/40/18 and I rub on the carpet inside the fender. Would i have to get a smaller tire size for the back? Or can I roll the fenders so i don't rub in the rear? I like the aggressive setup on my G. Rubbing in the front wont be an issue only in the rear. Or can I lower the car with the tires i have and cut the carpet out? Im not sure what to do. i am on stock suspension and i drive a 2010 g37 coupe the base model. I don't want to lower too much just enough to cover up the wheel gap.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
you will have to shave the rear bumper bracket because it will hit that
Old 07-09-2017, 09:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site!
If you lower the car and don't adjust the camber (you will have to get the toe in spec) the extra camber should get you inside the fender, depending what offset your wheels have. Do you know your wheel offsets?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM
TacoG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site!
If you lower the car and don't adjust the camber (you will have to get the toe in spec) the extra camber should get you inside the fender, depending what offset your wheels have. Do you know your wheel offsets?
I believe they are 20mm offset on the rear. The rear is the only part i worry about. So what you are saying is if i lower the car there will be negative camber which will be tucked in under the fender?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoG37
I believe they are 20mm offset on the rear. The rear is the only part i worry about. So what you are saying is if i lower the car there will be negative camber which will be tucked in under the fender?
Yep, as you lower, the negative camber will increase to a point, this may be enough to clear, but like Vizard mentioned, that bumper bracket will probably have to be trimmed back as well. And FWIW the rear fenders are already flat-rolled from the factory and you really don't want to have to pull the fenders, many times that can look really poor if it's not done properly.