Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Always did love Skylines

Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Always did love Skylines

Hi, I've been lurking for a minute. Figured I'd post my newb thread. I love my G, and realized it's the V36 in Japan a couple of weeks ago. That rather made me love it even more. I knew I was drawn to it, I traded in My Z71 Tahoe with 9" of lift and 35's for it. (And I loved that truck!) Anyhow, specs are:
Bone Stock, 2013 G37 Convertible, Sport, according to the VIN. I'm unsure what part of it makes it 'sport' though.
Pics posted, from riding high and slow, to low and fast.
Always did love Skylines-brutus.jpg

Always did love Skylines-g37.jpg
Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site Corey, nice vehicles there^^^
The Sport pkg on your G is a nice upgrade, there's quick ratio steering, big brake calipers/rotors, thigh bolstered seating, LSD rear end, and several other features. Nice find!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:44 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

It was pure luck, really. I was shopping based on wanting -
A. Better than 10 MPG
B. Hardtop Convertible
C. 300HP+ motor
D. 4 seats

The G37 actually won out over the BMW 535 because of the cost of the warranty from CarMax. Cheaper and better coverage, I think 5 years or 150,000 miles? I'm waiting to find out just what will void my warranty before I drop big money on anything other than wheels. I'll have to look up the specs on the sport model to see what all is there. I didn't even know it was considered a sport model until I saw it on the insurance.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:35 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

So I went over some VIN discrepancies with the local Infiniti dealer. Mine is a premium, not sport. Not sure exactly what all that entails, but at least I have something concrete to take to my insurance company to convince them that I do not have an IPL.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 PM
pymartin964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely sidestep the bimmer for the G37. Originally, I wanted a powerful rear-wheel car with stick so most cars were off the list. Bimmers are beautiful but they are entirely less reliable for such expensive cars. Conversely, the G is much more reliable than most. I never regretted it since. Go for it!

Search this Thread