Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Got one foot in the door

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 01:28 PM
pan0phobik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got one foot in the door

I don't own a G37 YET.... but I am going to start paperwork on a G37 that I'm having ported locally to test drive and get. I've test driven AWD G37's multiple times and LOVE how these cars drive.

So excited. It'll be a 2013 White G37 w/ 72k miles on it. Dealer said it'll be roughly $14k + taxes etc.

I'm hoping to get a good carfax once it's here. Anything in particular I should look out for on the test drive?

Edit: Editing original post to show the pics of what I ended up with.

2013 G37x with Premium and Navigation package, 77k miles for $14.8k SO HAPPY. Wanted one of these since highschool.

Last edited by pan0phobik; 05-25-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:24 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Congrats, not much to be concerned with on those, just be sure to listen carefully during the drive and check it out as best you can, if you have a trusted mechanic that can give it a look, that much the better.
Welcome to the site, post up some pics if & when you seal the deal
The following users liked this post:
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 02:46 PM
pan0phobik

Originally Posted by blnewt
Congrats, not much to be concerned with on those, just be sure to listen carefully during the drive and check it out as best you can, if you have a trusted mechanic that can give it a look, that much the better.
My wife's brother is a former mechanic. Perhaps he could help me out and give it a once-over[/quote]
Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome to the site, post up some pics if & when you seal the deal
Most definitely will!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:45 AM
pan0phobik

So I went to the dealership today and filled out most of the paperwork today. Car is on the way and will be here by Friday at the latest. Possibly Thursday. They made me feel very confident about the purchase so that feels good for once. Then again my wife won the owner of the chain of dealerships a good amount of change in court and told them to roll out the red carpet for me essentially :P

Either way I'm happy with how all the numbers worked out and I'm SO excited to have a car that I can finally care about and enjoy taking care of, instead of just worrying whether or not it's gonna ****ing start in the morning or not.

And now for the fun part. Pics! They aren't crap quality but not the highest resolution so I can't see any major defects, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. I pray the test drive goes well.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:45 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Congrats on making it official! Looking good^^^^
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
pan0phobik

Sooo I just realized that this doesn't have Nav. Looks like it has the premium package. Having trouble finding a listing of what the Premium package has to offer for the 2013 G37x. Anyone know where I could find that info?

Edit: Found it. No nav, no bluetooth... that's probably a deal breaker for me. Especially when there's other g37x's with that year, mileage, price, and options around. Ugh, back to the drawing board!

Last edited by pan0phobik; 05-23-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Exploded_Muffin
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by pan0phobik
Sooo I just realized that this doesn't have Nav. Looks like it has the premium package. Having trouble finding a listing of what the Premium package has to offer for the 2013 G37x. Anyone know where I could find that info?
Congratulations on the G! These are the specs for the G sedan packages (mostly similar for the coupe I think) for a 2012. Should be the same for the 13.
http://www.infinitig37.com/specs/201...edan_Specs.pdf

Premium Package: Power sliding tinted glass
moonroof with rear tilt feature, sliding sunshade,
and one-touch operation; Infiniti Studio on
Wheels® by Bose® Premium Audio system with CD
player with MP3 playback capability, RDS and 10
speakers, Drivers Audio Stage; driver’s seat,
steering wheel and outside mirror memory
system; seat and outside mirror position
synchronization (outside mirrors automatically
adjust as seat is moved); power tilt and
telescoping steering wheel with entry/exit assist;
rear sonar system

Navigation Package: Infiniti Hard Drive
Navigation System with enhanced graphics,
touchscreen, Lane Guidance and 3-D building
graphics, Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, XM
NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information, XM
NavWeather® (XM® subscription required, sold
separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®,
DVD-video playback, Infiniti Voice Recognition for
audio and navigation systems (includes Spanish
language support)

You're not missing out on a lot lacking the Nav package in my opinion. Most of the features are kinda redundant if you've got a smart phone. Main thing you'll miss is bluetooth streaming
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)

Trending Topics

Old 05-23-2017, 11:19 AM
pan0phobik

Originally Posted by Exploded_Muffin
Congratulations on the G! These are the specs for the G sedan packages (mostly similar for the coupe I think) for a 2012. Should be the same for the 13.
http://www.infinitig37.com/specs/201...edan_Specs.pdf

Premium Package: Power sliding tinted glass
moonroof with rear tilt feature, sliding sunshade,
and one-touch operation; Infiniti Studio on
Wheels® by Bose® Premium Audio system with CD
player with MP3 playback capability, RDS and 10
speakers, Drivers Audio Stage; driver’s seat,
steering wheel and outside mirror memory
system; seat and outside mirror position
synchronization (outside mirrors automatically
adjust as seat is moved); power tilt and
telescoping steering wheel with entry/exit assist;
rear sonar system

Navigation Package: Infiniti Hard Drive
Navigation System with enhanced graphics,
touchscreen, Lane Guidance and 3-D building
graphics, Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews, XM
NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information, XM
NavWeather® (XM® subscription required, sold
separately), Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®,
DVD-video playback, Infiniti Voice Recognition for
audio and navigation systems (includes Spanish
language support)

You're not missing out on a lot lacking the Nav package in my opinion. Most of the features are kinda redundant if you've got a smart phone. Main thing you'll miss is bluetooth streaming
Thank you for the post! Yeah the bluetooth streaming is a big loss for me. Gonna have to find a different model.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Exploded_Muffin
Registered Member

No problemo!
Totally understandable, good luck with the hunt. You should be able to find a G sedan with the premium and nav package without much difficulty though you might end up paying slightly more
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:46 AM
pan0phobik

No problemo!
Totally understandable, good luck with the hunt. You should be able to find a G sedan with the premium and nav package without much difficulty though you might end up paying slightly more
There's actually a dealer closer with the same year, 5k less miles, better color (Silver), a good carfax report, at the same price nearby. Only difference is I don't exactly have a hook-up at that dealer and probably won't be able to get the same financing since I don't have the owner on my side helping me. I'm going to see what they can offer me though.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Exploded_Muffin
Registered Member

Haha that was quick! Yea I'll definitely go with silver over white, they look absolutely magnificent on our cars....mine is a blue slate.
If that's a real deal then you should get to sorting it out asap. A 2013 with less than 70k miles plus premium and nav packages for 14k + tax is as good as it gets I think. I'm assuming you're gonna go inspect it since it's nearby...you'll probably end up paying for it on the spot lol

If you do get it don't forget to post pictures up. Do you plan to do any mods when you get it or will you be keeping it stock?
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 12:10 PM
pan0phobik

Haha that was quick! Yea I'll definitely go with silver over white, they look absolutely magnificent on our cars....mine is a blue slate.
If that's a real deal then you should get to sorting it out asap. A 2013 with less than 70k miles plus premium and nav packages for 14k + tax is as good as it gets I think. I'm assuming you're gonna go inspect it since it's nearby...you'll probably end up paying for it on the spot lol

If you do get it don't forget to post pictures up. Do you plan to do any mods when you get it or will you be keeping it stock?
Yeah, it seems like a great deal. It has premium and navigation package. No tech package. Not sure if I'm missing anything great with that, but i'll have the features I originally wanted, which is what I care about. I'm sick of having to make some big consolation with cars I buy.

I've driven it once already actually. If I go back tonight, I'm gonna ask if I can take it on the highway and see what financing they can offer me. I have ppor credit and a bankruptcy on my record and the dealer yesterday was able to get me 6.99% when the owner called it in for me. Hopefully this big lexus dealership can match that. If they can, I'm taking it home tonight.

Here is the link to the car: 2013 INFINITI G37 | Lexus of Orland serving Chicago
Old 05-23-2017, 12:49 PM
Exploded_Muffin
Registered Member

Dang, that looks clean as heck! The tech package is meh in my opinion unless you really want the intelligent cruise control, have no experience with the other functions haven't had a need for any of them.

Technology Package: Intelligent Cruise Control,
Brake Assist with Preview Braking, pre-crash seat
belts, rain-sensing function for windshield wipers,
Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with
Plasmacluster™ air purifier

The best versions of the cars are normally the S ones but it's not a deal breaker especially as you will be getting the Nav and Premium packages. You'll miss out on some braking and suspension benefits if you drive aggressively but for daily driving and some spirited driving the non-S is more than enough.

Yea mate, if you're spending all that money on a car it better please you every damn time you get in it. I'm always willing to pay for functions I know I'll regret daily if I don't get

Hmmm, it's gonna be pretty tough getting them to match that 7% rate. How long a term are you looking at? Even if you get a rate slightly higher than that I think you should still consider it, just make sure you don't let them take advantage of your credit situation. Hopefully you get a good deal though, keep us posted
pan0phobik (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
pan0phobik

Dang, that looks clean as heck! The tech package is meh in my opinion unless you really want the intelligent cruise control, have no experience with the other functions haven't had a need for any of them.

Technology Package: Intelligent Cruise Control,
Brake Assist with Preview Braking, pre-crash seat
belts, rain-sensing function for windshield wipers,
Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with
Plasmacluster™ air purifier

The best versions of the cars are normally the S ones but it's not a deal breaker especially as you will be getting the Nav and Premium packages. You'll miss out on some braking and suspension benefits if you drive aggressively but for daily driving and some spirited driving the non-S is more than enough.

Yea mate, if you're spending all that money on a car it better please you every damn time you get in it. I'm always willing to pay for functions I know I'll regret daily if I don't get

Hmmm, it's gonna be pretty tough getting them to match that 7% rate. How long a term are you looking at? Even if you get a rate slightly higher than that I think you should still consider it, just make sure you don't let them take advantage of your credit situation. Hopefully you get a good deal though, keep us posted
Yea you hit it on the nose. I'm not an overly aggressive driver. I just want a comfortable daily driver that packs a punch and has all the comfy features I want.

I was looking at a 60 month loan with the initial G37 and I was gonna over-pay monthly to reduce the principal.

Edit: Should I be concerned about getting a warranty for the car? The original G37 I posted above was going to have a warranty added on to it for roughly 50/mo that covered nearly everything for 3 years. If I'm not paying that additional 50/mo, I could see that compensating for the change in interest potentially, but then I don't have the piece of mind that most things will be covered if they break.

Last edited by pan0phobik; 05-23-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:32 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Pending everything checks out initially, I wouldn't be too concerned on the warranty on a 2013 model.
pan0phobik (05-24-2017)