Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Tire Pressure, Key and Brake Light On

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 09:46 PM
tbssimp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tire Pressure, Key and Brake Light On

So I just got my first G37 a few weeks ago. I own a G35 and FX35. I have a bunch of dash lights on. The brake only comes on every once in awhile when I get on it. I checked the tire pressure, brake fluid and the remote key works fine but all these lights are on. Any idea why all this lights would be on?

2012 G37 coupe S

I am new to the 37s and its been awhile since I have worked on cars in general so I would def say I am a newb.

Thank you!
Old 12-06-2016, 01:40 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
brake light coming on under hard acceleration is definitely the brake fluid being low. check the fluid level again and top up if necessary.

are you sure its the tyre pressure monitor sensors (TPMS) light coming on? or is the the VDC and slip lights? Slip light can come on when your alignment (toe) is way out of spec in the rear.

where do you keep the remote key when your in the car? if the key is in your left pocket and you sit in the car with the left leg outside, the key not found can sometimes show up.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:34 PM
tbssimp

I could be wrong on the brake fluid so I will top it off tonight. What type of brake fluid should I buy?

It's for sure the TPMS light. VDC does come on as well and then goes off.

The key is mostly in my lap. The key light has been on the whole time since I bought the car.

Thank you for the help. I kinda feel with all these lights there is something up with the computer but I am not good at this stuff.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:50 PM
tbssimp

I attached a pic.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Key light could be low battery. It's a cheap fast diy to swap out key fob battery.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Its a

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The TPMS one could be from the cold if yo are located somewhere chilly. I haven't had my car for 2 years yet but last winter it came in everyday but I never had a problem. I did fill them up multiple times until I realized it didn't matter. And then same thing this winter. It has been around 30 degrees here in WV and came on again so I'm just letting it run is course. I don't believe any problem as it will go right back off after the cold goes away or it warms up
Old 12-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
the key light might be related to steering lock mechanism malfunction.
Check if the steering wheel locks when you turn off the car.
If it don't lock, then there is the problem.