Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Smoke coming out of exhaust on a wet cold day after car is shut off

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 PM
mashrurmobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoke coming out of exhaust on a wet cold day after car is shut off

Hello fellow g owners. newbie to the forum and to infiniti ownership coming to you from Toronto, Canada. i have 2012 g sedan x with about 67000 km. took ownership of the car in September. i know on a cold wet day its normal for the car to emit white vapor smoke from the front grill (especially after a car wash) but i noticed the same sort of smoke coming from the exhaust today after shutting the car off. my drive consisted of a coin car wash and driving home with slush and snow on the ground. after i parked in my garage and turned the engine off i saw a thin trail of white smoke still emitting from the exhaust for a good 5 mins. just wondering if others have seen this with their sedan on a cold day wet day with their car? should i bee concerned or take some precautions in advance? Thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Is the water from the slush evaporating from the exhaust system that's hot.
Also water is one of the products resulted from burning the air/fuel mixture in the engine. Water can accumulate in the rear muffler and evaporates from the heat of the muffler.
The vapors are more easy to see on clod weather.

Nothing to worry about.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:42 AM
XERXIES_333

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
does the vapor smell like exhaust or have no smell ? If it has no odor it's just steam, just like a beer when you take it out of the fridge moisture collect's on the can, when you start your car and the hot exhaust gases warm up the exhaust pipes, moisture start's to collect and after it's hot enough it turns to steam.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:58 PM
mashrurmobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after looking at your comments and closely monitoring i realized it was indeed just vapor. there is no smell coming from the exhaust its just a thin trail f vapor smoke which comes out and usually stops after 5 mins or so. Thanks for all your help guys