Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

6 Month Driving Impression Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
It was a 10min install and 5mins to set it up... truly worth every penny without a doubt!
The following users liked this post:
kiseliok (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Ra_BiiGGa

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kennyz424
Buy this for the horrible lag in our auto transmissions. It's worth every penny and gets rid of about 85/90% of the stupid lag. One of my better mod investments without a doubt!

Ark Throttle Controller

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...er-review.html

seems pretty dope.. how long does the install take?? and where did u finally decide to place it? not sure if I like it at the top of the steering wheel, I would have staring competitions with that thing.

Also, isn't there something a bit more simplistic? for my MB e550 I had the same lag issues until I installed a SprintBooster directly to the gas pedal and that helped a great deal. im assuming this is the same kind of application but with some electric controls and different presets etc... just looks like a lot of useless info. for a good cause tho.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by kiseliok
I'm still debating on the Ark controller..
How long did it take you to set it up right, Kenny?
I have so little free time these days, it might end up sitting in the box if I can't get it working good within an hour or two.
I installed sprint booster on my car.
Is similar to ark controller but is smaller and (maybe) easier to install.
It toke me about 15 minutes to install.
There is a BIG difference.
I installed the sprint booster to make my sedan at least as responsive as my convertible.
Ended up making is WAY more responsive than the convertible
Old 11-05-2016, 12:51 PM
jimmysingh714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011-G
Does anyone else has a weird downshift in DS mode...sometimes when I brake too hard the car downshifts and the acceleration goes all the way upto 7k lol which I find very aggressive
Yes I have noticed it. Although its been amazingly fun driving in the DS mode, but once in a while when I brake hard from a high speed, i can see the RPM go to 5K or 6K. Any thoughts?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:53 PM
jimmysingh714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Epiphany
Or you can also leave it flicked left, which will show DS on the dash, and it'll hold gears longer and downshift more readily.
Thank You, It has helped a great deal. The whole feel of driving is different. I mean so much more fun and the jerking downshifting feelings is better too. Smoother shifts. Except for the RPM reving up while braking, the DS mode has been awesome.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:39 AM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmysingh714
Yes I have noticed it. Although its been amazingly fun driving in the DS mode, but once in a while when I brake hard from a high speed, i can see the RPM go to 5K or 6K. Any thoughts?
Please read the thread before posting.
You will find the answer on the post #11

Originally Posted by kiseliok
It's by design and described in the manual. If you apply specific force to your brakes, the car will downshift for you to assist with braking and give you lower gear for the corner exit (if that's what you are doing).
Don't worry your engine won't blow up if it hit the 7500 RPM limit.
On the engine development process, the engine is tested in the factory to find how much RPM it can handle.
EX. : If the engine blow up at 10.000 RPM, the manufacturer will limit that engine at 7500 RPM.
So you don't have any chance of getting anywhere near the RPM danger zone.

Beside, on N/A engines, like this one, the power goes up as the RPM increase.
At 2000 RPM the engine will develop only 80 HP.
At 7300 RPM is a different story
Attached Thumbnails 6 Month Driving Impression Update-g37-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by Elco; 11-06-2016 at 06:54 AM.