Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Infiniti G37x Sedan 2012 replace non-navigation with navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Koval88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G37x Sedan 2012 replace non-navigation with navigation

Hello,
So I purchased G37x sedan, the dealer claimed that it had a Nav listing in the advertisement but when I received the vehicle it only had a premium package which is still fine since I got some refund for that. Now I'm wondering what are the ways I can actually replace it with OEM original Navigation unit. Is there a way to do that and have everything functional including maps, Bluetooth and touch screen? I do not want to use 3rd party navigations.
Please let me know what are the things I'd need to make this work.
Thank you!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:41 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
The link Im posting here is an example, it wont fit your 2012, only 11 models.

So the process is a little rough. Your nav system is locked to your VIN number, and your software on the nav system is locked to your unit ID number, which is locked to your VIN number. Even if you buy the part: 10 11 Infiniti G37 CD Player Navigation Radio Receiver with Control Panel | eBay you have to go through the dealership to unlock the system in order to install it in your car. Usually the dealership wont install a used unit, so you have to get a new one from Infiniti which will cost a lot more. If the dealership agrees to install a used unit, you will need the VIN number of the original car, and documents showing that you purchased it from the owner legally. All this because the system is sealed with a theft protection code. Be prepared to pay up for the install and unlocking of the donor system.

Also, some units are preprogrammed to work with the BOSE audio system, and if thats not installed in your car, the whole system wont work. So not only do you have to get one that fits your year, you need one that fits your trim level.

I would see what your local Infiniti Dealership would say.