Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newbie Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 12:12 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Newbie Here

Hey Guys. New vert owner. Pick up the car on Saturday. 2010 vert.
Lurked long enough to be dangerous. Looking forward to mods. Plans include: coilovers (KSport?), wheels (vossen?), ipl front and skirts if I can find them 'affordably', carbon in place of wood, nubbin antenna, carsmo *****, painted calipers and grill, etc.
We'll see what the budget affords.
Anyway, thanks for all the info you've already provided. Looking forward to meeting and learning from you all.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:59 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you've got a lot planned already. There's definitely lots to learn on here and some great resources.
Post pics when you pick it up!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
Welcome! Looks like you've got a lot planned already. There's definitely lots to learn on here and some great resources.
Thanks. Will do. Already started ordering some of the very affordable stuff I want to get started on first. The addiction has resurfaced.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:33 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro!
Sounds like some big plans, the vert is a great looking G so you're already starting off right, look forward to your progress. Set up a build thread in this folder when you get it going, and be sure to check Reds build in there, he's got a nice white vert.
Brad
Build Threads - MyG37
The following users liked this post:
kimmspeed (12-03-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 02:57 PM
Josten

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kimmspeed
Lurked long enough to be dangerous.
Yes! I've been "lurking" on here since I started shopping for my first G over a month ago . Just joined the forum today. The forums helped tremendously when I was trying to decide which car to get and has been my go to for DIY articles. Welcome fellow noob!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Thanks for the welcome!
Looking forward to chatting with you. What are you driving? Any plans cosmetically or mechanically?
Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice intro!
Sounds like some big plans, the vert is a great looking G so you're already starting off right, look forward to your progress. Set up a build thread in this folder when you get it going, and be sure to check Reds build in there, he's got a nice white vert.
Brad
Build Threads - MyG37
Thanks Brad.
Budgetary restraints will keep me from working on the larger projects I'm planning for some time. Small, cosmetic plans are already ordered (led interior lights, ghost courtesy lights, vinyl to wrap the woodgrain & logos, etc).

But, these forums have kept me in full scale planning mode regardless of my current financial abilities.

This is one of the many reasons I choose a G. The possibilities are seemingly endless. All the while I foresee a great deal of enjoyment from baseline forward.

I also wanted a G with a degree of uniqueness. This lead to my interest in the verts. I live in a predominantly affluent area of North Houston. It would be a safe estimate that, in a given day, one might expect to see 20-30 Gs in any of their available configurations and trims. The convertible is a considerably rarer sight. I plan to do a number of modifications to make it ever more unique.

In doing so I plan to put together a build thread. I'm impressed by many I've seen here on myG. It will be a slow process as I've mentioned that my wallet gets attention from a startup I've co-founded/funded that is still in it's infancy.

Enough, about me let's get to the cars. I take delivery of the obsidian black g vert I have affectionately named Triniti this coming Monday. The first steps in her transformation will begin that evening. Pictures to come!
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 02:35 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

I've posted a few from the dealer this Monday. I didn't know if it would be appreciated if I posted with redundancy here and in my album. So, I just updated 'my album'. I'll gladly post pics in this thread as well if it's appropriate.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

You should post here... Most people won't go look in your album, but can see it in your thread.
Triniti the Infiniti... I like it. Makes sense for a sleek black car.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Trinity @ the Dealer

Seat belt loops in perfect condition. Bose sounds good enough to me.

Previous (1) owner was a skinny, older lady. No seat wear or deterioration.

Thrilled the wind deflector was intact and in great shape!
Old 12-03-2015, 12:00 PM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Looks in beautiful shape. Nice find.
The vinyl wrap for the "wood" trim will go a long way towards changing it up from 90s Buick style. What color are you planning? Brushed aluminum like the other OEM option, or something else?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:27 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Good looking vert. Congrats....
Old 12-03-2015, 01:22 PM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

What color are you planning? Brushed aluminum like the other OEM option, or something else?
Something else for sure.
I've ordered some samples. But, for now I am leaning towards Gloss Atomic Teal to cover the "wood" and the exterior Infiniti logos.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Look forward to seeing these plans come together.
Nice looking Vert!
Old 12-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Josten

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kimmspeed
Thanks for the welcome!
Looking forward to chatting with you. What are you driving? Any plans cosmetically or mechanically?
2009 G37x sedan. The usual stuff, wheels, suspension, black out the grill etc... I'm making sure everything is tip-top mechanically first, though. I've already replaced rotors and pads and performed various other preventative maintenance measures... BTW, love the vert you picked out! Triple black, excellent.

Quick Reply: Newbie Here