Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Newish G37x Owner in Austin, TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Boeing314

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newish G37x Owner in Austin, TX

Hey Folks, Joseph here in Austin Texas. Been lurking around these forums for a few months before deciding to pick up a used 2013 G37x Sedan at the beginning of June since my college wheels were finally giving out.

I'm not sure if any CenTex VQ members follow this forum (Suspect they would), but props to a few affiliated folks for helping steer me towards my lovely new (to me) car.

In any case, looking forward to meeting folks in the Austin area and nation-wide who are enthusiastic about their rides!

-Joseph
Attached Thumbnails Newish G37x Owner in Austin, TX-car-fl.jpg  
Old 06-30-2015, 07:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro Joseph, looks like a clean sedan you found, congrats on the new ride & glad you found us.
Brad
Old 06-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Boeing314

Thanks for the warm welcome, Brad!

I love her. She's a nice upgrade from my 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis sedan for sure!

She's not as fast feeling as a couple of the RWD sedans I played with, but the price on the X was too good to pass up.

Only been in the new car for half a month and I've already been bitten by the upgrade bug. Hopefully I'll be able to gleen some great tips from the members on the forum.

Again, thanks for the welcome and I look forward to being an active member of the community!

Joseph
Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm part of centex, welcome!

Nice upgrade, got any mod plans?
Old 06-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Boeing314

Hi Allin, thanks!

I've definitely got mod plans in the works, but I haven't yet figured out how I want to stage them.

Since this is an X that hailed from NY for the first two years of it's service life, it's got A/S tires on currently (Albeit pretty new Falken A/S rubber). I'm thinking I want to upgrade to 18 or 19" wheels and get some higher performance tires first.

Since you're in CenTex, my contact is Jose if you're familiar with him.

If you've got any mod tips/ tips on the car in general, I'd love to hear 'em!

Thanks!
Joseph
Old 06-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Hey Joseph. I agree with Brad nice intro. Great buy on the X. Love the moonlight White I'm a fellow white G owner

I wish I could say I'm in your area but sadly I'm not. There are only two of us Arkansas guys on here that I'm aware of.

I do know a fellow G sedan owner (not sure if it's an X, but it's got extensive mods) that lives in Dallas. He recently sold me a new IPL bumper and a new Carbon fiber splitter. Good guy. His name is Juan. He even has a website that he constantly is selling JDM parts on. If memory serves its called Japan auction parts. If you'd like his number just pm me and I'll give it to you. Ever since I bought the IPL from him we have became friends. He's helped me search for wheels, deals, and upgrade thrills. Lol seriously he's a good guy to have on your team if your looking for mods.

Anyway enough of the recommendation stuff. Welcome to the site man. If there is ever anything I can help you with don't hesitate to ask (I'm no expert btw, been modding a year now).
Old 06-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Boeing314

Hey Red,

That's a slick setup you've got there with the moonlight white and the convertible top. I've gotta say, if I didn't want the sedan utility, that'd be a great way to go.

Too bad you're not local, but always good to know some guys around the country.

Thanks for the heads up on your contact. Sounds like a good guy, and something I'll definitely look into. It never hurts to have great friends who can double as good connections.

Not sure exactly when I'm going to start modding in earnest (just finished my first month at my new job with my diploma's ink still drying, so gotta make sure my finances are in order first.), but when I am in a good position, I'll be sure to give Juan a nudge.

In any case, thanks for the tip, the welcome, and I look forward to it! I'd say the same for me, but being a Bio major in college and now working for an impact investing firm, I'm sad to say I'm pretty useless as a mod/car resource. That said, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Great to meet you, and looking forward to seeing the stuff you've got planned!

Joseph
Old 06-30-2015, 10:02 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, I know Jose... good guy!

I've been a bit inactive lately, but maybe I'll see you around at a centex event.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

I'm a corporate finance major and all I do is trade stocks now. We should chat sometime about investment ideas.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Boeing314

Hey Allin,

That sounds great. Yeah, I know his son, Christopher pretty well, so we'll see if I can make an event sometime soon.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Boeing314

Red,

Haha, well I'm afraid you'd be doing most of the talking as I'm freshly minted out of the UT with only a Business Foundations Program certificate (Business major lite) to adorn my Bio degree.

That said, I've been getting acclimated to the Social Impact space since I started interning last November. Since the 1st of June, I've started to get a better feel for the Impact Investing side of things. I've got a guy working at my office at a different company who manages hedge funds and another guy who works other investments who's brains I've been picking to pick that stuff up.

In any case, I'd love to and I'm sure I'll be able to throw some radical if not straight crazy ideas your way for laughs.

Joseph
Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Sounds great Joseph. It's never a bad thing when investors bounce ideas off each other. It always leads to making more return on investment. Always.

Oh and I forgot to thank you for the compliment on my Vert bro!! So thank you. You should check out my build thread and other guys build threads so you can get an overall idea of which mods you like and which mods aren't for you.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ld-thread.html
Old 06-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Boeing314

For sure for sure! And you're more than welcome man! Gonna check it out.

Main things I've been looking around at is Wheels and tires. I'm in love with the 19" OEM coupe wheel look on the sedan. Thinking I'd love to get 4 front gunmetal grey wheels to start and wrapping them in 245/40/19 tires on all four corners. Just not sure of the viability of such a project.

I've seen threads with folks who pull it off, so it must be possible.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how your build progressed (and continues to progress).

Best of luck!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

I've actually got a set FS. It's on ebay not in the PC's. Pm me your phone number and I'll send you the link.

Got a sweet set of Vossen CV4's 20x10.5" +25 all round coming up FS soon. They need fixed (lip damage on 3 of them), but I got a quote from House of Wheels today. They are gonna fix them up Mint for only $300. I'm thinking of asking $1300 as is. They are $699 per wheel new. Just a little food for thought. The stock wheels and the CV4's can be seen in my garage on my public profile.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeing314
Main things I've been looking around at is Wheels and tires. I'm in love with the 19" OEM coupe wheel look on the sedan. Thinking I'd love to get 4 front gunmetal grey wheels to start and wrapping them in 245/40/19 tires on all four corners. Just not sure of the viability of such a project.
Here's the perfect set of square 19s and in the color you want. They're rear wheels but being only 9" wide you can easily fit them F&R on your X sedan and run 245/40/19s to keep your speedometer straight.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...quare-set.html

Quick Reply: Newish G37x Owner in Austin, TX