Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My first real baby!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My first real baby!!

Whats going on guys, new G37 owner in the house!!!! I went out and purchased a 2011 Slate Blue G37x with 25k miles on it last week and finally got some time to come post on the forum. This is my 3rd car but first one being financed. The last two was little put puts that I just paid cash for. Was going to do the same thing with this car but I was tired of fixing my old passat. It had 264k miles on it and was still running strong but was starting to give me to many electrical problems. So i decided to just go ahead and pick up a note. Got it for 25k out the door with taxes and everything which I felt was a pretty good deal. 21.5k before all of the extra. No nav though but who needs that????? Black Leather which is in perfect condition driver seat has some wrinkles but all the other seats are perfect. So here some pics guys.

So my first mods will probably be halo rings in the headlights and a catback exhaust and some new wheels although I feel like im going to have a hard time trying to decide on what I want with this color. Although I freakin love the color I feel like black wouldnt really flow with it.

Also this car has a few fingernail scratches on the trunk lid and i was wondering whats the best approach to get rid of those. also some on the chrome pillers around the rear door. heres some pics of that to.

Last edited by Twista; 07-07-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice G you found!
As far as the headlights, be sure to change out the lens to an STiR lens when you have the lights open, a much better cutoff and look.

If your scratches aren't too deep you may be able to buff w/ compound & polish to at least make them less noticeable. I'd invest in a Porter cable or similar quality buffer, you'll be glad you did.

As far as the trim, I'd just wrap it, here's my DIY that should help, and best of all it's easy & cheap
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
Enjoy your new ride!
Brad
Old 06-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Twista

Nice, that's exactly what I was looking for. This will make the black and blue look get off the ground then. That will be my first mod then I shall do the tail light tint mod. Kinda scared about doing the headlights as I don't want them to get foggy or the aiming to get off. But eventually I'll probably summon up the ***** to do it lol.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Twista
Nice, that's exactly what I was looking for. This will make the black and blue look get off the ground then. That will be my first mod then I shall do the tail light tint mod. Kinda scared about doing the headlights as I don't want them to get foggy or the aiming to get off. But eventually I'll probably summon up the ***** to do it lol.
Here's my GTR painted tail mod DIY, I still have the cutouts available for a perfect finish, just shoot me a PM if you need some
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ils-sedan.html
Old 06-21-2014, 10:34 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Congrats on the cards and welcome.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:24 AM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
as far as the chrome goes there really isn't any product to remove swirls from chrome they have no clear coat, most of the polishes for them just clean and remove oxidation.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Twista

Good to know so my next question is...does the oem sport spoiler from the g37 coupe fit the sedans.

Basically I was looking to purchase this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/330996071729?nav=SEARCH

As it comes with my factory color and holes for the rear camera and trunk button.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:00 AM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Good to know so my next question is...does the oem sport spoiler from the g37 coupe fit the sedans.

Basically I was looking to purchase this: 08 11 Infiniti G37 2dr OE Factory Sty Rear Trunk Spoiler Painted K52 Blue Slate | eBay

As it comes with my factory color and holes for the rear camera and trunk button.
No it does not.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:02 AM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

your fourth pic with the scuff looks like it can be buffed out maybe with a medium cut polish.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Twista

Cool good to know. My neighbor told me of a shop that might be able to buff it out that hes taken his M35 to once before. Gonna see what they say about it as im not to good on detailing at all. Last car was just to drive me around so if i ever washed it, I took it to a car wash lol. My first car I took care of but didnt have much money as I was 16 to really put alot of effort into it.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Cool good to know. My neighbor told me of a shop that might be able to buff it out that hes taken his M35 to once before. Gonna see what they say about it as im not to good on detailing at all. Last car was just to drive me around so if i ever washed it, I took it to a car wash lol. My first car I took care of but didnt have much money as I was 16 to really put alot of effort into it.
Detailing is like anything, just takes the right tools and some practice. Since you're just getting started w/ your new G I'd invest in a quality buffer, pads, and compounds/polishes/waxes. The cost of detailing from a pro will quickly cover the cost of your own tools, supplies. Plus it's like your "zen-time" w/ your car
The following users liked this post:
lightlypurified (06-22-2014)
Old 06-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Twista

What would you recommend??? Are there some good starter kits for this or good places to go to read up on it???
Old 06-22-2014, 02:29 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

What would you recommend??? Are there some good starter kits for this or good places to go to read up on it???
Here's a good place to browse, the stuff from detailed image will answer most of your questions, and feel free to post over there for anything specific.
Car Care & Detailing - MyG37
Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 PM
lightlypurified
Registered Member

Im gonna list the top notch buffers from cheapest to most expensive.
porter cable 7424xp Dual action polisher
FLex L3403

and the ones that most high end pros use is a
Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot

When you wash your car make sure you use the two bucket method with a grit guard at the bottom so you have one bucket with your soap and the other to wash the dirty mit everytime you go to wipe a panel, the grit guard is pretty much like a mesh so it traps the dirt everytime you go to rinse off the mit.

Quick Reply: My first real baby!!