Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My G37S Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 PM
madlieg37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G37S Coupe

Bought my used 2008 G37S Coupe back in October. Started with around 30k miles. I've had a short list of what I want to do with my car -- tint the windows, and replace the chrome spoiler with a different lip spoiler (that is the only flaw I think this car has!).

I knew if I let myself browse the forum, that list would grow. Seeing everyone's modded cars makes me want to do more to mine! Front lip (Aero kit?), black front grille, and interior accent lighting are also now on my list. Possibly debadge the "INFINITI" and just leaving the symbol.

In any case, my car is still stock as of now. Been lagging with the spoiler since I have the backup cam, and I don't want two brake lights. I had been hoping to find a lip spoiler with the camera cutout, but no brake light -- no luck. Debating whether to remove the rear brake light and pay for the blank deck, or disconnect and tint over it. Definitely prefer the removal, but not sure if it's worth the price. Opinions (I know this has been discussed a billion times before, but I could always use the help of the more experienced)? Also, is Plasti Dip a good idea for a front grille? Not sure about durability when the front grille is prone to rock chips, etc.

Absolutely, 100% in love with my car! So glad I chose the G37, and can't imagine being as happy driving any of the other cars I had considered.

Here's a pic!

Last edited by madlieg37s; 02-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
BH818

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by madlieg37s
Here's a pic of my new bf!
are you a woman?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
AllentownG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BH818
are you a woman?
*sigh* let the e-humping begin...

Bought my used 2008 G37S Coupe back in October. Started with around 30k miles. I've had a short list of what I want to do with my car -- tint the windows, and replace the chrome spoiler with a different lip spoiler (that is the only flaw I think this car has!).

I knew if I let myself browse the forum, that list would grow. Seeing everyone's modded cars makes me want to do more to mine! Front lip (Aero kit?), black front grille, and interior accent lighting are also now on my list. Possibly debadge the "INFINITI" and just leaving the symbol.

In any case, my car is still stock as of now. Been lagging with the spoiler since I have the backup cam, and I don't want two brake lights. I had been hoping to find a lip spoiler with the camera cutout, but no brake light -- no luck. Debating whether to remove the rear brake light and pay for the blank deck, or disconnect and tint over it. Definitely prefer the removal, but not sure if it's worth the price. Opinions (I know this has been discussed a billion times before, but I could always use the help of the more experienced)? Also, is Plasti Dip a good idea for a front grille? Not sure about durability when the front grille is prone to rock chips, etc.

Absolutely, 100% in love with my car! So glad I chose the G37, and can't imagine being as happy driving any of the other cars I had considered.
Welcome to the forum & congratulations! Sounds like the mod-bug has bitten you already. To answer your questions, you could look into swapping out your rear deck lid to remove the interior brake light; it might be easier than looking for a spoiler w/o the brake light. As for the front grill, you'd probably be better off painting it instead of the plasti-dip approach, but that's just my opinion. You could also buy the OEM 'midnight' grill, swap out the chrome, and sell it. Keep looking around the forum, as there's a lot of really valuable info on here about the mods you've mentioned above. Hope that helps and best of luck with everything. Post pics of your progress! Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 AM
madlieg37s

Originally Posted by BH818
are you a woman?
Could still be a guy. I'll let you ponder that one.

Originally Posted by AllentownG37
Sounds like the mod-bug has bitten you already.
Yah, I was trying to stay away from it! My justification for getting this car was that I could spend a little more on a nicer car since I won't feel the need to change much. :x Guess that failed. I did consider getting the midnight grill, but I think that still has a chrome outline. I prefer completely black. I'll definitely keep looking around at what other people have posted. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice ride. The very best color too! Take your time and I'm sure the right mods will find you.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the choice to make it your own. Do your research and mod it out!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 AM
jesse550

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Awesome shot, awesome car. Never knew blue slate was that shiny at night :S
Old 02-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Your list of what you want to do sounds good. Everything except the Plasti Dip. Please don't cheap out like that on the car you love. Just take it to a professional and get it painted right. Your car will thank you, and I will thank you.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
welcome. that parking structure looks familiar. where in socal? congrats on the G!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
madlieg37s

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by tomro99
welcome. that parking structure looks familiar. where in socal? congrats on the G!
Orange County. That's the UCI Engineering parking structure.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
happy modding!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 PM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another Modded G in the making.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
BH818

Originally Posted by AllentownG37
*sigh* let the e-humping begin...
I have a girlfriend
Old 02-07-2012, 01:23 PM
BH818

carbon fiber
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
tomro99

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks everyone!

Orange County. That's the UCI Engineering parking structure.

you are 10 minutes from me. My buddy is an engineering major at UCI and he has a G as well. PM me so we can meet up one of these days!

Quick Reply: My G37S Coupe