Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

different packages? (noob question)

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Geehee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
different packages? (noob question)

Maybe it's the fact that I'm a guy and can be staring at something right in front of me and not see it, but I've been looking for something to tell me what the different packages/options are for the 2008 model year (for the coupe).

I've been looking at picking one up and just want to have an idea/understand what the different models are, what was offered, etc.

Is there a thread/resource for that I'm missing?

thanks guys.

edit: also, any reason to NOT consider an 08? I've been trying to do my homework and spend a lot of time in the proper sections on here, but if there is anything I should keep an eye out for, that would be appreciated.

Last edited by Geehee; 04-18-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
here's what I could find for you...

I got it from here...2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Vehicle Overview

Three Well-Equipped Models

The 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe is available in three models: G37 Coupe, G37 Coupe Journey and G37 Coupe Sport 6MT. In addition to the long list of standard features on all three models, several options and packages are available.

These include the Premium Package, with a power sliding glass moonroof, 11-speaker Infiniti "Studio on Wheels"? by Bose? audio system with iPod connection, memory system (drivers seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors) with synchronization, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel, anti-glare rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink? Universal Transceiver, Bluetooth? hands-free phone system, and heated front seats and door mirrors.

Also offered is the Sport Package (available on G37 Journey model and standard on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT), which includes 19-inch wheels and tires, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD), sport-tuned suspension, sport brakes, unique front fascia and side sills, sport-styled seats and steering wheel stitching, aluminum pedals and paddle shifters (G37 Coupe Journey only).

The Infiniti Navigation Package adds an advanced navigation system with touch-screen capability, available XM? NavTraffic? real-time traffic information (subscription required), voice activation for navigation, audio and HVAC functions and a 9.3-gigabyte Music Box hard drive with compact flash drive slot, and RearView Monitor. The Technology Package includes Infiniti Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking, Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) and, available for the first time on G Coupe, a "Pre-Crash Seatbelt" system.

Also available is the Infiniti 4-Wheel Active Steer system; Performance Wheel and Tire Package with 19-inch high performance tires featuring lightweight cast aluminum-alloy wheels; Moonroof; Rear Spoiler; and African Rosewood interior trim.

"When the original G Coupe was introduced, it proved to the world that exhilarating sport coupe performance doesn?t have to come in a machine-like box," said Igo. "This new G37 Coupe, which we?re proudly showing for the first time anywhere in New York, is pure G and pure Infiniti ? and ready to take center position on the world automotive stage."
Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 AM
tokyo_gaijin

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so what's the difference between G37 Sport premium package and G37 Journey sport package?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Sport prm = 6MT

Journey sport = 7AT
Old 04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Geehee

Perfect, this site rocks!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
EKinNYC

im going off the '10 offerings, but i dont think the packages changed so drastically. there are 3 trims available for the coupe IIRC - base, 6MT, and journey (7AT) (which is base+journey package).

premium and sport are additional packages that can be added on top. so you can have a G37S with premium for example.