Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Old but new memeber

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 AM
mr_luv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old but new memeber

So I am planning on making a change and coming over to the world of Infiniti.
I am the proud owner of a 2005 Legacy GT she has treated me well over the years but with all things its a time for change.

Just for whoring sakes here she is:

A quick run down on whats done STI swap Spec-b interior exhaust and suspension and countless JDM bits and pieces.

So on to the real deal I found 2 G's I am interested in a coupe in with 35,xxx miles for 28K white on black sport navi looks like it was lowered at a time by the sale add and possible ding on the fender.

2nd is a 08 G35 XS white on grey navi 16,xxx miles on it for 30K I am brand new to Nissan / Infiniti brand and really ready to make the move would the G37 experts say these are good deals? Or should I keep looking and just shoot for a G37 sedan I would think they would drop in cost now that the 2010 are starting to pop up every where. Thanks and glad to be here.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:30 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I presume you only want a white Infiniti? good luck on your search
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Pip

STI swap = intercooler, intake and ecu tune? I had an '07 Spec B with FMIC, FP snail, headers, catback, TG deletes & Cobb. Was a beast, but blew a piston on the dyno, sold and got the G. Don't get a G if you want to mod as much as the Subie - not a lot you can do unless you want to spend some real $s and go aftermarket FI. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome. Nice Suby. Good luck with the G purchase.

BTW, I like the screen name. Pro wrassler or **** star?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
mr_luv

White Black or Dark Grey are my top choices. Added grey tonight after seeing a modified one by chance in the shopping center parking lot had g35 drive plate trim.
Originally Posted by da mayor
I presume you only want a white Infiniti? good luck on your search
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
mr_luv

Pretty much same setup, I am running VF43 and sti longblock TGV deletes trans cooler FMIC and open source tune. I am done modding to the extent of the Legacy if I do I will just buy a spare long block or build one and have it on the side if the power bug bites me again. I want something clean smooth and reliable this go around and the G is exactly what I am looking for. Oh and I know the ringland horror oh too well reason I went with the long block.
Originally Posted by Pip
STI swap = intercooler, intake and ecu tune? I had an '07 Spec B with FMIC, FP snail, headers, catback, TG deletes & Cobb. Was a beast, but blew a piston on the dyno, sold and got the G. Don't get a G if you want to mod as much as the Subie - not a lot you can do unless you want to spend some real $s and go aftermarket FI. Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
mr_luv

LoL thanks, actually I am a pro wrasslin **** star while doing donuts in the snow... lol
Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Canadian144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow man, that leggy is clean as hell. There is a 05 leggy in Toronto for sale for $23,000 (Canadian $$), it has the STI swap like you and a few similar mods... it looks pretty sick.

I actually own an 09 STI (I'm only on this forum because my mom has an 09 G37x coupe) and it confused the hell out of me when I read your first 2 sentences... I had this tab open at the same time as the Toronto Subaru Club forum and I was like WTF and then realized what happened lol. BTW the S402 (S402 style?) grille in the bottom pick looks sweet (so does the painted stocker though).

Personally I'd keep the leggy (one of my all time favorite sport sedans)... but hey I'm a little biased. You will have fun in the G though.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 PM
mr_luv

Good eye on the grill both are JDM painted is Rev-D stocker thinner then the US/CADM stock grill for the 08's and up, I know I will miss the legacy but I need something a bit more refined and less mod hungry I guess it comes with age.
Originally Posted by Canadian144
Wow man, that leggy is clean as hell. There is a 05 leggy in Toronto for sale for $23,000 (Canadian $$), it has the STI swap like you and a few similar mods... it looks pretty sick.

I actually own an 09 STI (I'm only on this forum because my mom has an 09 G37x coupe) and it confused the hell out of me when I read your first 2 sentences... I had this tab open at the same time as the Toronto Subaru Club forum and I was like WTF and then realized what happened lol. BTW the S402 (S402 style?) grille in the bottom pick looks sweet (so does the painted stocker though).

Personally I'd keep the leggy (one of my all time favorite sport sedans)... but hey I'm a little biased. You will have fun in the G though.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Canadian144

Originally Posted by mr_luv
Good eye on the grill both are JDM painted is Rev-D stocker thinner then the US/CADM stock grill for the 08's and up, I know I will miss the legacy but I need something a bit more refined and less mod hungry I guess it comes with age.
Both grills are sick man!

The G is definitely more refined, you will certainly enjoy that aspect of it. And it should still put a smile on your face when you step on it.

BTW are you gonna sell the car or do a part-out on nasioc or ebay or wherever?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 PM
mr_luv

I am selling Its just too cold to try to part out and I dont have the time to break her down and take her back to stock. I have a for sale thread on Nasioc and Legacygt dot com
Originally Posted by Canadian144
Both grills are sick man!

The G is definitely more refined, you will certainly enjoy that aspect of it. And it should still put a smile on your face when you step on it.

BTW are you gonna sell the car or do a part-out on nasioc or ebay or wherever?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Canadian144

True... good luck with sale man, if I didn't already own an STI I'd be seriously looking at your car haha. I actually test drove a Spec B before buying the STI. Thought it was pretty nice, obviously the power was lacking vs the STI, but I figured I don't really need the extra room, plus I love the look of the GR STIs.