NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Court Date Tommorow - Your Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM
arjunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ lol alright Puria .. i wont go to court lookin like fabolous in the holla back vid... Thanks for the advice
Old 11-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Byrnie

that's what they lowered my reckless too a couple months ago. you'll be fine.

When you first get in there ask the judge "do you smell that?" he'll most likely reply "Smell what?" and then procede to tell him you smell bacon and lots of it after that turn to the cop and repeatedly make pig noises. Maybe even ask him where the big bad wolf is. This will put you into good terms with the cop and help you plea your case.

Last edited by Byrnie; 11-18-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Byrnie

Good idea yea use the mom card. That should easily work.

Originally Posted by ratm68
Not sure what you plan to plead. If you're going not guilty and try to prove the officer messed up. Try to discredit his radar/laser device. I think he will start by sayin that he's a certified operator and what not and might even say that the unit was calibrated before his shift.Have him provide proof of the calibration since i think they're suppose to keep record.Have you mom come with you as a witness and have her testify that you were not doing 93 and have her say how she would never allow you, her young son to drive that fast with her in the front seat (or the car). Chances are the judge has kids and would agree that he/she would never let his/her own kid drive that fast with them in the car. Have her testify what the officer said you to regarding the miata. It seem like he assume you were going as fast as the miata and wrote you up for what he clocked the miata at. Not sure how their radar system works, but state that there was a faster moving miata that was next to you around the time the cop clocked you. The judge may question the cop if this was true of which he will say yes. Chances are he's not going to lie to the judge, if he does make a big fuss that he's lying since you have your mom to witness. I think you have a good chance to discredit the radar reading as operator's error. I don't think radars are that inaccurate, if he had calibrated them. Either that are you're just in denial that you were going 90+ j/k. Goodluck in court He might not even show up..hehe

~Khoa
Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 AM
macr6

Originally Posted by Byrnie
that's what they lowered my reckless too a couple months ago. you'll be fine.

When you first get in there ask the judge "do you smell that?" he'll most likely reply "Smell what?" and then procede to tell him you smell bacon and lots of it after that turn to the cop and repeatedly make pig noises. Maybe even ask him where the big bad wolf is. This will put you into good terms with the cop and help you plea your case.

rofl Now that's funny!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
arjunz

Okay guys, so i just got back from court .. first of all thanks again for all the advice ... The officer did not show up, i explained to the judge in detail, about the event that led to me being pulled over, and how i think that the cop had mistaken me for the miata, she said he had got my with Laser and acted like she was least interested in hearing my case, i asked her if the cop could have got both me and the miata by the laser AT THE SAME TIME and what are the chances for him mistaking two black sports cars in the dark .... and she said she couldn't do anything about it .... and 93 is too high... she is like .. if you want i can assign you another date for trial, since the officer isn't here ... and i was thinking wtf ... i dont live here anymore ... im @ tech 99% of the time ... and its not easy for me to keep coming back here for this ... so i just stayed quiet ... and gave her the "Terrorist" look ....she pronounced me guilty ... aahh ... i'm soo pissed... its ****ing ridiculous how the system works ...
Old 11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Lethal G35

Sorry to hear that! So did you have to pay the ticket and court fees?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
arjunz

^ Yes i did, but there were no points listed .. so hopefully no points get carried over ... i'm keeping my fingers crossed.... did you find a ride?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Lethal G35

^Yeah I'm going to roll with Pathis.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:54 PM
gary c

How far can you lean over..........Ouch!

Wow, the Md courts really $uck! If you had received that ticket in my
state (cal) and the cop hadn't shown up it would be all over. Case
dismissed your out a there. Did you take your mom to court with you
and was she allowed to make a statement? This type of thing really
pisses me off.....no matter what you don't get an ever break.
In our court system you deserve an even break!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
arjunz

^ Yes my mom was at the court, and i told the judge that my mom was present in the vehicle with me when i recieved the citation.... but she was least bothered about having my mom make a statement ...
Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
LEK

what was the final charge? and how much was the ticket and fees?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM
arjunz

it all came to abouit 300 bucks .... all the money that i was gonna spend on buying that front lip .... oh well .... ill get it in december
Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 PM
LEK

^^ sorry bro... just keep it slow...
Old 11-18-2005, 02:33 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

That sucks. My experience with MD courts are that if the cop don't show, your case gets tosed and you win. The premise is that, the county has nobody to argue for their side on the case. Perhaps it's because your speed was high that the judge chose to persecute you regardless. Sorry to hear about the outcome. I do not believe the points will transfer but charge will appear on your VA record which the insurance might use to jack up your rates. Looks like you just got a bad judge, I got one that was the biggest b|tch, everybody was guilty or was denied any reduction in charges. I mean, you might as well send out a notice to everybody telling them not to waste your time at court if the judge isn't willing to listen.

~Khoa
Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

khoa...you're so wise.... like a miniature buddha..... with hair.

Quick Reply: Court Date Tommorow - Your Advice Needed