NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Tri-Club Meet Up Instructions NationalGClub - August 13th! Important you read this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:11 AM
ennius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tri-Club Meet Up Instructions NationalGClub - August 13th! Important you read this.

Hey everybody! Here's the plan for the tri-club meet. The meeting point for Saturday, August 13th is going to the Cabin John Park in Maryland. For those of you who haven't met up with us there before, it's very close to the Jim Coleman Infiniti dealership. The navigation systems and online map systems seem to give botched directions when you're trying to find it, but the address is the entrance from Westlake Drive (Shirley Povich Field). If you are confused please PM Pratik and he should be able to give you more detailed directions.

We will meet at Cabin John Park at 8:30 a.m. The time isn't extraordinarily early, especially considering the traffic and the time we have to drive to get to PA. Please show up on time! With this many cars we will do our best to give some time leniency but we have to stick to some sort of schedule so we can meet with the other clubs around the same time. After our meet we will caravan up to the Waffle House in Elkton. The address for the Waffle House isn't clear on their site, so the best directions we can provide are to take exit 109B on 95 North. You should see the Waffle House immediately off of the highway. The Waffle House is in Elkton, MD and the number is (410) 620-5630.

The estimated arrival time for our stop will be approximately 10:30 am. We will stop for about half an hour for people to grab a quick bite or a cup of coffee, as well as wait for anyone who missed the meet at Cabin John Park. At 11 a.m. we will get back on the road and head directly to the park. The address for the park is as follows:

VALLEY FORGE HISTORIC PARK
Main Entrance is at North Gulph Road & Route 23/Valley Forge Road,
King of Prussia, PA 19406-0001

Also, please refer to the following post for exact directions to the park if you plan to meet us at the park:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62296

Be sure to bring approximately $20.00 in change along (for both the trip up and back). When arriving to toll plazas, line up in the leftmost toll. That way, those with EZ passes and everyone else can pull over to the left side of the road and wait for everyone else to pass through. Several people will be bringing 2-way radios to distribute to the group, although please think of buying a set (they don't run more than 15 or 20 dollars). They'll come in to use more for you more often than just this trip, and it doesn't really matter
what brand you get as long as we're all on the same channel. Also please remember to bring some extra batteries if your 2-way requires them. Most seem to really go low on batteries quickly!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE watch your speeds! A group of 30 or so g35s easily draws attention. We don't need to have someone call us in because someone calls us in or we happen to get hit up by highway patrol.

I apologize for having to have such an early start, but we really want to maximize out time for this meet, and we're all guaranteed to have a good time. If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Last edited by Pratik; 08-08-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Booooz

Norm, you're the best!

Secondly.... if you have not signed up to bring some sort of food or beverage, you need to do so!!!!!! Talk to Pratik....

Lastly... I need phone numbers, guys!! Come on! Don't make me chase all of you down!! http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63161

The more organized we are, the more fun we'll have.... let's get all the bs out of the way now so we don't have to worry about it on Saturday!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:42 AM
mbq62

Isn't there an address for the waffle house?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:46 AM
ennius

Originally Posted by Booooz
Norm, you're the best!

Secondly.... if you have not signed up to bring some sort of food or beverage, you need to do so!!!!!! Talk to Pratik....

Lastly... I need phone numbers, guys!! Come on! Don't make me chase all of you down!! http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63161

The more organized we are, the more fun we'll have.... let's get all the bs out of the way now so we don't have to worry about it on Saturday!
booz, i gave you a fake number. you'll have to chase me down.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 AM
ennius

Originally Posted by mbq62
Isn't there an address for the waffle house?
on their website they only list a PO box, which is pretty weak. that's why i had to get somewhat vague directions (the exit number is the best i can do, sorry) and the phone number.

you could always call the local yokels up there...
Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Booooz

Originally Posted by ennius
booz, i gave you a fake number. you'll have to chase me down.
I know better than that... You wouldn't give me a fake number
Old 08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Benj

hmmm sucks that the addy for our meet up spot doesn't work right on the Nav. Grrrr will have to PM someone to get tips on finding the spot.

8:30 isn't early. Us old people wake up early. Gotta find our teeth and give our bodies time to get out of bed.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Pratik

Which address is that Benj? The Cabin John meet up point? I can email or PM you detailed instructions if you'd like. Just let me know where you're coming from.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:12 AM
pdjafari

I can already taste the waffle house....john i told you we'd be hitting it up!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 AM
pdjafari

Originally Posted by Benj
hmmm sucks that the addy for our meet up spot doesn't work right on the Nav. Grrrr will have to PM someone to get tips on finding the spot.

8:30 isn't early. Us old people wake up early. Gotta find our teeth and give our bodies time to get out of bed.

LOOL, I know exactly what you mean....in regards to the 'time getting out of bed part'!!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Pratik

Originally Posted by pdjafari
I can already taste the waffle house....john i told you we'd be hitting it up!!!
Puria, if you really like that place so much there's one 20 minutes north of me. We can hit it up anytime you want just let me know.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Byrnie

It's really easy to get to cabin johns. take I-495 north to I-270 take exit 1 on to democracy BLVD. west then take a right on Westlake rd and it's on your left like a half mile down the road.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Benj

Originally Posted by pratik97
Which address is that Benj? The Cabin John meet up point? I can email or PM you detailed instructions if you'd like. Just let me know where you're coming from.
Coming from Woodbridge. Will be heading up 495 north from Tysons I am guessing. Cause we are heading up in MD from 495/270 side?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Benj

Originally Posted by Byrnie
It's really easy to get to cabin johns. take I-495 north to I-270 take exit 1 on to democracy BLVD. west then take a right on Westlake rd and it's on your left like a half mile down the road.
ah kinda near one of NIH's old office buildings. I use to work up there but it has been awhile. Never been to that place though.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Pratik

Benj let me know if you need more directions or you can possibly hit up my cell the morning of if you're lost. I think there will be some caravaning from virginia though so maybe you want to coordinate with them to meet up first (prob. around 8?) and then head on over to the park.

Quick Reply: Tri-Club Meet Up Instructions NationalGClub - August 13th! Important you read this.