NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Ralph0064

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha..yea you should dyno before and after. Knowing what they (the parts) did or did not do is a must.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Ralph0064

...do it not only out of curiousity but to help others in modding as well.

....shyt if that damn thing doesnt do anything its game on with AAM.

that be some shyt now, wouldnt it! (lol)
Old 06-14-2007, 03:32 PM
NISMOTO

Originally Posted by Ralph0064
...do it not only out of curiousity but to help others in modding as well.

....shyt if that damn thing doesnt do anything its game on with AAM.

that be some shyt now, wouldnt it! (lol)
You have a point there, LOL. I think I will see about getting the dyno done before, and then go back about a week later and get it done again. I say about a week becasue I've read that it takes a bit for the ECU to adjust it self properly... or some such crap. And eve if it does nothing, at least I gave it that time to give it a chance to.... sorta like your [apparently] unhelpful ecu flash.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:45 PM
NISMOTO

Ok, so I just called AAM and setup an appointment for next Tuesday [my day off work]. I'm getting another baseline dyno done, I'll have a new OEM filter and fresh oil in the car. And then getting the AAM intake kit w/ K&N filter and the AAM angled plenum spacer installed.

Then in a week or so, I'll go back and get another dyno to see if the intake and angeled spacer did anything worth noticing. And of course... I'll post the dynos as soon as I can after I get them.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Ralph0064

sweetness! cant wait to see how she does.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NISMOTO
Ok, so I just called AAM and setup an appointment for next Tuesday [my day off work]. I'm getting another baseline dyno done, I'll have a new OEM filter and fresh oil in the car. And then getting the AAM intake kit w/ K&N filter and the AAM angled plenum spacer installed.

Then in a week or so, I'll go back and get another dyno to see if the intake and angeled spacer did anything worth noticing. And of course... I'll post the dynos as soon as I can after I get them.

Do it the same day!!, you might be able to get a discount on the post install pulls. Install should take an hr tops, to do, so don't let them charge you more. And put it back on the dyno right away. There's no need to wait a week as that'll only cost more variance in your dyno pull. Matter of fact, don't even take the car off the dyno. Run a baseline, then have then install, and re-run it right away. That is the only true before and after result that's worth looking at. Waiting a week can throw a lot off and the dyno!

I just reread your profile and I wouldn't recomend getting a spacer for your REVUP engine. When the REVUP came out, many tried the spacer and saw no gain, that's why Motordyne made the MREV. You're better off getting the MREV and space from MD to get some serious midrange, but you'll see a drop off the last 500rpm similar to ralph. But don't waste your money on the spacer.

~Khoa
Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 PM
NISMOTO

Originally Posted by ratm68
I just reread your profile and I wouldn't recomend getting a spacer for your REVUP engine. When the REVUP came out, many tried the spacer and saw no gain, that's why Motordyne made the MREV. You're better off getting the MREV and space from MD to get some serious midrange, but you'll see a drop off the last 500rpm similar to ralph. But don't waste your money on the spacer.

~Khoa
That advice is coming a bit late, I bought the spacer at the AAM meet 2 weeks ago I'd only ever read good thing about a plenum spacer before your comment. But if it's as useless as you say [they dyno will tell the tale] then it looks like I'll be pulling it off and putting on the MREV 2 sooner than later.

As for the dyno pull immediately after.... I can see where that might make sense too. Anyone else have any thought on doing a dyno immediately after install vs waiting a week or so?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
ratm68

Originally Posted by NISMOTO
That advice is coming a bit late, I bought the spacer at the AAM meet 2 weeks ago I'd only ever read good thing about a plenum spacer before your comment. But if it's as useless as you say [they dyno will tell the tale] then it looks like I'll be pulling it off and putting on the MREV 2 sooner than later.

As for the dyno pull immediately after.... I can see where that might make sense too. Anyone else have any thought on doing a dyno immediately after install vs waiting a week or so?

Sorry my advise was late, it's always a good idea to get a second opinion from the club as somebody probably has your set-up or experience with the set-up you plan on doing. You should of done more research regarding REVUP + spacer rather than just spacer. The spacer works well with non-revup, but the revup lower plenum was altered somehow that negates the gains from the extra volume. you might be able to use to AAM spacer with the MREV, not sure. I was on the motordyne wagon from the begining so i personally prefer it over AAM spacer. The idea makes sense, but i never seen it in person to see how the bolts would sit, since it's technicall at an angle now rather than being flat. I would like to see other thought on the waiting for dyno. I'm sure AAM have done many before and after dyno comparison, as with all the dyno they post on their site. I doubt they were all done, "after the ECU adjusted". I'm very curious about that claim, as that's the same that Ralph got in regard to his flash.

~Khoa
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Ralph0064

I wouldnt bring her back in a week to get the dyno done. If anything just take it around the block and back and put it on the dyno. The ecu has to compensate for the extra volume of air coming into the engine but most of that is done instantaneously. I'd put a couple hard miles on her but not wait a week.

eff it, let see what she does. If the spacer isnt as effective on the revup motors, then AAM needs to disclose that to the customer prior to purchasing it. otherwise they are falsely advertising.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
ratm68

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...=1#post2050454

looks like UPREV released their flash software to the public i guess. For $700, you can flash the ecu yourself with their map. Similar to the much talked about the COBB AccessPort that's taking forever to be released.

~Khoa
Old 07-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Ralph0064

Hey Marcus, what ever happend with the spacer/ dyno #'s. Did you install them yet!??

I sent an e-mail over to AAM 3 weeks ago, stating my concerns about the flash & asking if there were any other options that would better suit my needs & they whored me up! I still havent heard anything! I wasnt asking for a refund nor wanting anything for free from em', just advice!

All I can say is WOW! when 99.5% of local G members dont support your shop, ya know theres something wrong. I can see why many locals here rag on them. they just dont care, from what I see.

thats cool though. I'll just have to do my future TN install somewhere else.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:52 PM
ratm68

Hey Marcus, what ever happend with the spacer/ dyno #'s. Did you install them yet!??

I sent an e-mail over to AAM 3 weeks ago, stating my concerns about the flash & asking if there were any other options that would better suit my needs & they whored me up! I still havent heard anything! I wasnt asking for a refund nor wanting anything for free from em', just advice!

All I can say is WOW! when 99.5% of local G members dont support your shop, ya know theres something wrong. I can see why many locals here rag on them. they just dont care, from what I see.

thats cool though. I'll just have to do my future TN install somewhere else.
That sucks. I'd just keep nagging them about it and perhaps post on my350z as there's a few that received the AAM flash.

~Khoa
Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Lawy'dU

here ya go fellas: Got the car dynoed at Extreme motorsports this morning @ 10:00am. I will say, the extreme staff wasnt the brightest when it came down to knowing much about G35's. I'll cut em' some slack since they specialize in evos & I was only there for the dyno.

Sorry 'bout the lightness of the dyno sheet. Its hard to read even in person.

The car showed absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT was so ever. I take the differences in hp/tq numbers as variances between dynos. With that said fellas, I went thru the motions and I tested AAM's product for worthiness. At least this could help someone make a decision on wether or not they want to spend the $$$$$ for it.

Im throwing in the card on this one. Its not like I dont have plenty of breather mods, ya know

This wasn't exactly scientific. you should have re-dyno'd it at AAM. Different dynos show different gains.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:15 PM
superchargedg

I cant believe you guy,s would even bother with aam,just read up on them on my350z.com and then check out the vrt thread.If you guys want a reputable shop use functiontuned.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Ralph0064

now i know...but before i had no clue!!

Quick Reply: AAM meet 06.02.07 (dyno chart & pics inside)