Autocross at Limerock - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > Motorsports / Track
Reload this Page >

Autocross at Limerock

Notices
Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Autocross at Limerock

Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 AM
BeeW

Autocross at Limerock

This weekend I went to my first Autocross at Limerock. I'd say its the best value for your money bar none. I am still astounded at how much I learned about handling and race lines in such a short period. Saw many cool cars like, 70s era 911s, a 2019 eurospec Cayman (he won the timetrials), a Ferrari 360, every M-class BMW, a clapped out Trans-Am, and a fully built Camero.
Cost was $250 for nearly 3 full hours of track time*. I do reccomend everyone does this, even if its a 3+ hour drive.

Also very glad that upgraded the rear swaybar so I could learn how well the G can get sideways. But there were caveats to driving such a heavy machine round and round so many times. My front brakes went up in smoke (literally), and the 7AT overheated so I couldn't downshift to 2nd... and a coolant hose sprouted a leak all over the engine bay.
Still totally worth it

I was so busy driving I forgot to take all of the photos. Only have a few that turned out.

Cooling off:
​​​​​​My G37xS, buddies Audi RS4 with many carbon bits.

Group shot: all lined up for the timed laps.

*Our session only had 16 drivers (normally 24) and half of them left halfway through. Which left 8 cars to run buckwild on the big track for 2 hours!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 PM
GdaddyNY

I would love to do something like this. Sounds like an awesome time.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:24 PM
bPChaos

Nice! Glad you had fun.

And as you get faster, you'll start to notice you don't actually need a rear swaybar. Most 370Z Auto-X guys run a stiffer front and a stock sway or no sway.