Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Driven x Blessed Track Day 12/16/2017

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Driven x Blessed Track Day 12/16/2017

If you guys aren’t following Driven x Blessed LLC yet on Facebook, we are hosting one final event of the season on December 16th! We finally got a Saturday for you guys who struggle to get a day off during the week!

Driven x Blessed Track Day 12/16/2017-photo681.jpg

Driven x Blessed Track Day

WHEN: December 16, 2017 (SATURDAY)
TIME: 1pm-5pm
WHERE: MSR Houston

$180 PER DRIVER
4 x 20Min Sessions.

**Covered parking will be FIRST COME FIRST SERVE to the first 24 registrants.

3 Run Groups: A, B, and C.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE. PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. IT WILL FILL UP QUICK.

Due to liability purposes, we won't be accepting any beginners at this event. You must have at least one track event done with an instructor to register.

*** PM US TO REGISTER***

Please Paypal your payments to drivenandblessed@gmail.com .
*If you send it as "Goods and Services" we wont cover the extra fees. You are more than welcome to send it as "Family and Friends" to avoid any extra fees.

*** PM US TO REGISTER***

If you have any questions please shoot us a message!

SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!
-Driven x Blessed
Old 12-16-2017, 11:51 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Didn't care for the parade lap because it cut our third session short. I understand why it was done, but still...

Organizers did a good job of getting groups gridded before the end of the current session so there was minimal delay getting on track. Event pricing was pretty good, too. Will go again some time next spring.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:07 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Didn't care for the parade lap because it cut our third session short. I understand why it was done, but still...

Transmission still misbehaving with uncommanded upshifts but by short-shifting it didn't happen as often as last time. The 60 degree temps helped, for sure.

Experienced fuel starvation after right-hand long-radius turns. I started at 3/4-tank and used a little less than quarter-tank per session. Happened once at about half-tank during my 2nd session, happened several times during my 3rd session once fuel level dropped to a quarter-tank. Left the track to buy gas.

Original brake pads are pretty worn now. End of third session the brake warning light came on down the "front straight". Next lap was end of the session and the traction control light came on and stayed on until I shut off the car. It didn't come back on when I went for gas but the brake warning lit briefly as I was returning.

On the first lap of the last session, the brake warning lit again briefly then the traction control light came on and stayed on. The brakes never failed but there was a lot of pedal travel. Before my first track event in August, I had the fluid flushed and topped off. So, the two events wore the crap out of the pads. Time for new pads; might as well get rotors, too.

Only got two laps in the last session because I spun bigger 'n' Dallas coming over The Launch. I was distracted by the damned traction light and came up fast on an NSX who pointed me by just before the turn. Because I was worried about braking capacity, I was going to slow down and follow the NSX. But, with the point-by I passed him a bit off line and wasn't fully concentrating on the turn and experience a snap spin. The Launch turn goes over a five foot hump, you have to be turning before you cross the top of the hump. Well, being off line and not fully concentrating I turned late and the unload over the top pissed away my rear traction and around I went. Lesson learned.

Was black flagged because organizers thought I went off track, which I didn't. But, I decided it was time to pack up and go home. The G is my daily driver, after all.

Engine didn't seem to burn any oil this event or last. Good to know that!

The Michelin PSS tires did well though they can squall prettly loudly when understeering.

Traction control doesn't like it when I use the curbs.

Organizers did a good job of getting groups gridded before the end of the current session so there was minimal delay getting on track. Event pricing was pretty good, too. Will go again some time next spring.

Met a fellow named Ryan with a 2012 sedan S 6mt. I'm mega jealous. He didn't run, though. A white G37 S coupe showed up just as I gridded for my last session but I didn't get a chance to meet the driver. If you're here, shout out.
Hey Bruce!

Glad you were able to make it out again!

As far as the parade lap, yeah it was a way for the spectators (especially those who have not yet tracked before) to get a feel for how it is like around the course even though they aren't blasting through the corners at high speeds.

I believe Z1 Motorsports provides a remedy for starvation issues.

As for that black flag, I approached you as soon as you pitted to see if you were having any issues. Corner workers and the tower seemed to have noticed an issue so I just wanted to make sure.

We tried our best to minimize time with gridding, but there were some delays with debris on the track that needed some cleaning.

Ryan's a good guy. I told him it was okay for him to come by and take photos to promote his business. The other white Sport Coupe with black wheels is a good friend of mine,Timoteo Kiester. I believe he does not have an account for the forums.

I know you made a Facebook account for the purpose of communicating with us (which we appreciate). Keep an eye out for our future events! We plan on filling up the calendar for next year! Thanks!
Old 12-17-2017, 12:20 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Oh darn, Janarvin, you copied my post before I cut it apart.

I understand the black flag, have received it before in LeMons racing and issued one when I was a corner worker back when dinosaurs were still warm in their graves. I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on y'all, I made a lot of tire smoke sliding sideways (woohoo!) and think y'all did the right thing. I just wanted readers to know spins don't automatically send one into the weeds. Actually, I spun there in my Miata when I overcooked that same turn while bedding in new pads. That time I did indeed get into the weeds.

Fuel starvation was fixed with a trip to the gas station.

I need time to put on new brakes, a better radiator and more trans fluid cooling before I track the G again. That's why I don't expect to drive with y'all again until next spring.

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2017, 12:23 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Oh darn, Janarvin, you copied my post before I cut it apart.

I understand the black flag, have received it before in LeMons racing and issued one when I was a corner worker back when dinosaurs were still warm in their graves. I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on y'all, I made a lot of tire smoke sliding sideways (woohoo!) and think y'all did the right thing. I just wanted readers to know spins don't automatically send one into the weeds. Actually, I spun there in my Miata when I overcooked that same turn while bedding in new pads. That time I did indeed get into the weeds.

Fuel starvation was fixed with a trip to the gas station.

I need time to put on new brakes, a better radiator and more trans fluid cooling before I track the G again. That's why I don't expect to drive again until next spring.

Cheers!
No worries! Just wanted to clear things up! Hope your car is ready for next year!