Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

oil cooler on g37s coupe -- need to cut holes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 AM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oil cooler on g37s coupe -- need to cut holes?

I'm seeing some older reviews for the oil cooler and seeing some complaints that the Z1 instructions didn't indicate that you'd have to cut through the powersteering equipment. Does that issue still exist? Or, if I shell out the $500-ish bucks will I be able to sit down in an afternoon and install the 25 fin cooler with thermostatic onto my G37 without any suprises?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Purist
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
i don't have the z1 kit but i do have the mocal thermostatic sandwich plate and a greddy core. i fabbed my own brackets to hold the core right behind the passenger's side bumper vent. i didn't have to cut or clearance anything. i believe i used 2 regular AN fittings on the sandwich plate, not the 120deg ones that the z1 kit uses but i'd have to double check
Old 09-21-2017, 06:45 PM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you confirm which model year you have? I believe there was some change around 2012 (I may be wrong).

Originally Posted by Purist
i don't have the z1 kit but i do have the mocal thermostatic sandwich plate and a greddy core. i fabbed my own brackets to hold the core right behind the passenger's side bumper vent. i didn't have to cut or clearance anything. i believe i used 2 regular AN fittings on the sandwich plate, not the 120deg ones that the z1 kit uses but i'd have to double check
My level of 'fear of uncertainty' really wants to purchase something that I know will work without having to cut/manufacture/extend anything.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Purist
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by nethole
Can you confirm which model year you have? I believe there was some change around 2012 (I may be wrong).

My level of 'fear of uncertainty' really wants to purchase something that I know will work without having to cut/manufacture/extend anything.
i have an 08 coupe. wish i had a pic but it's quite a tight fit with the filter and sandwich plate with the lines that run on that side of the engine. you should be able to route your lines over the sway bar though. does the z1 kit come with a mounting bracket?