The G37S is a great track car - Page 20 - MyG37

The G37S is a great track car

Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #286
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsanalyst View Post
I'm surprised few have considered putting the G35 coupe forged Rays wheels on the sedan. I know it may not LOOK the best but they're not terribly difficult to source from the used market, are well priced, and very lightweight (I believe the 19"x8.5" rear wheels are 20lbs).

It is currently my top choice, I saw someone on youtube with a G37 sedan who bought 2 sets of rear G35 rays to run a square setup with 255 tire.
They are pretty narrow and once you lower the car I believe the offset is pretty jacked up. Not the best idea in the world to run spacers on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
If you look closely in one of my pics with the washer bottle, you'll see there is a bee's **** of room behind the fog light. If you pulled the entire plastic surround out and made a custom inlet duct you may be able to make it fit, but I really really doubt it'll work any other way. Do have a look tho, like I said I gave up before really taking a good measure, but I think your problem will be the bend radius of the hose. Hell, on the front grill it almost touches the PS cooler and oil cooler, so you do need a lot of space.

As for wheels. As above, you could get lots of cheap options that would work, but personally I really wanted to go as wide - and square - as I could fit without rolling guards and that's a 9.5. I am of the opinion that a 19x10+32/+35 could squeeze in, but I couldn't find anyone who had done it with proper rubber - it was all the stance crowd with biig camber and stretch. Also, the Enkei's (cheap) would need a spacer and I didn't want to do that, so I settled for not being the guinea pig and sticking with a 9.5" rim with 275 section tire instead of 10" rim with a 285 section tire.

Speaking of, these showed up today:
Ah, ok that makes sense about a limited amount of room. I will check it out before ordering.

Nice slicks!
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #287
bPChaos

I have a coupe, so I have a bit more room everywhere, but I am also of the opinion that a x10 +34ish would fit with a 275 tire without too much modification. If you want to track, I would do a minimum of a x9.5 with a 255 (that's not that much of a stretch) unless your specific class prohibits it.

Splitter, which Enkeis were you looking at? I'm not sure the RPF1s in 18s will clear the brakes, but the NT03+M definitely will if you have a 2.5mm spacer, which is perfectly safe to run on a track.
bPChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #288
Splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bPChaos View Post
Splitter, which Enkeis were you looking at? I'm not sure the RPF1s in 18s will clear the brakes, but the NT03+M definitely will if you have a 2.5mm spacer, which is perfectly safe to run on a track.
I have the PF01 in 9.5" +35. I was looking at the RPF1 but that needs a 5-10mm spacer to clear brakes if I recall correctly and I didn't like the cost of the NT03, so I decided not to pursue the 10" rim. I also couldn't find anyone running a 285 tire, every example I could find of 10 and 10.5" wheels had 245-255 tire, which is why I got nervous about the actual clearance.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #289
4DRZ

What oil do you guys usually run on track?

I typically use Mobil 1. I noticed when I went to change the oil that on the back of the bottle Mobil also makes a higher mileage 15,000 mile oil that is supposed to deal with heat even better. I always skipped that oil because I never go that long between oil changes, but might try it next time if it deals with heat even better than Mobil 1.

Anyone try the "high temp" 15,000 mile Mobil 1 oil on track with good results?
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #290
bPChaos

Same as you, probably. Mobil 1 full synthetic, 0W-30.

I've heard about the use of Ester oil since the VVEL system seems to like that, but I've not had any issues running what I have currently.

The high mileage/higher temp formula seems interesting, I might drop some in when I do my next oil change and report back. I do like 400 miles/week for work so that time will come soon enough.
bPChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #291
Splitter

I'm using Redline 5W-30 changing it every 3,500 miles, or after every track weekend (not autocross), whichever comes first. I'll be commuting in the car again in about 5 months, 300 miles a week, so we'll see if I keep the spending up...

Last edited by Splitter; Yesterday at 08:17 PM.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote