Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

SpeedVentures will support MYG37 Members

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SpeedVentures will support MYG37 Members

Just spoke with Aaron@SpeedVentures

SpeedVentures have plans for near future a track time attack event for all Nissan and Infiniti's. Great news for us. Further offered members of MYG37.COM a Special discount for event at ButtonWillow RaceWay a very famous track and favorite among enthusiasts, which happens to best suit our G37.

March 12, 2011 Saturday & March 13, 2011 Sunday, at ButtonWillow Raceway. These special events offered to our members will prove that not only S2K or Evo's or STI's deserves their own track time attack events.

So I would like to invite all Infiniti and Nissan owners to participate.

Make sure to enter "MYG37 discount" on note section during registration process. This offer will expire March 1st 2011, so register ASAP.

Discount I was able to get approved was $20 cash discount, so $150 single day event fee. Or Pay normal one day event fee of $170 with free timing a $20 Value.

GUYS I WANT TO ADD A VERY VERY GOOD NEWS. DAVE LACH SPEEDVENTURES OWNER JUST SENT ME AN EMAIL THIS MORNING. INSTEAD OF $170 FREE TIMING. HE WILL DO $160 AND FREE TIMING.

SO LETS DO THIS, LETS MAKE NISSAN/INFINITI TIME ATTACK EVENT A REALITY.

I AM PRETTY SURE A RECORD SET BY JUNGWOO0622 MY DEAR FRIEND WILL FINALLY BE BROKEN. 2:08 13CW AT BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY.

<embed src="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=BUTTONWILLOW%20RACEWAY%20MARCH% 202011&count=down&time=1299942000000&bgc=0xcc0000& bgb=4&bgd=0&bc=0xffffff&bb=1&bd=1&tc=0x330000&tb=1 &td=1&uc=0x330033&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=10&nd=3 " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="Free Counter" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowfullscreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="500" align="MIDDLE" height="100">
Buttonwillow Raceway

All Drivers, All Cars Welcome! Also: SV TIME ATTACK - Round 1 on Sunday!

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Dates</td> <td style="width: 100%;"> Saturday, March 12, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Price</td> <td> See notes above or click to register to see pricing options. </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Instruction</td> <td> Instruction is available. (Click here for more info) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Track</td> <td> Buttonwillow Raceway (Buttonwillow, CA) </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Configuration</td> <td>13 CW on Saturday
13 CW on Sunday
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Timing</td> <td>AMB Timing and Transponders are available.</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Event Info</td> <td> GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION
Buttonwillow Raceway is located just off Interstate 5 at the Lerdo Hwy exit, which is 10 miles north of the 58/I-5 interchange and 10 miles south of the 46/I-5 interchange. The track is on Lerdo Hwy, ˝ mile west of the freeway. Note that there is a $10/person gate fee charged to everyone, including friends, family, and spectators.

SCHEDULE: Although the schedule is subject to change at any time, generally the day will run smoothest for you if you show up at the track by 6:50am. Check-in typically begins at 7:00am and ends at 7:45am. Our drivers meeting usually starts at 7:50. This meeting is MANDATORY for all drivers unless you have received prior clearance to miss it. Cars typically go on track at 8:30am! PLEASE SHOW UP AT REGISTRATION NO LATER THAN 7:15am if you do not want to potentially miss your first run session of the day. When you arrive at the track, please go straight to registration inside the large building BEFORE unloading your car.

The event schedule will be provided in the registration packet you’ll receive at check-in.

UNLOADING EARLY: You may drop off your car or trailer anytime Friday or Saturday, including at night.

FOOD & DRINK: Speed Ventures provides a water dispenser with which you can refill your water bottle, canteen, cup, or other container. Please bring something to the track to drink with. The snack bar will be open for breakfast (I recommend the breakfast burrito) and lunch.

Either a TOW HOOK or some TOW POINT is mandatory on the FRONT of your car (and optional on the Rear) before going out on track. The important thing is that you have a place picked out for the FRONT that we can hook on to in order to tow you off track. Please determine appropriate tow points - it is your responsibility and we will not be responsible for any damage done to your car!

CAR NUMBERS are required. We will have tape available at the track for making numbers. Your numbers must be at least 8" tall, located on both sides and the back of your vehicle. You should use the number you signed up with. If you would like to change it, please notify us at registration.

The TECH FORM is a must-have at the event. Be sure to print it out, fill it out before the event, and bring it with you to registration:http://www.speedventures.com/events/techform.pdf

There is also a track event checklist available if you're not sure what you should bring: http://www.speedventures.com/events/trackchecklist.pdf

Our HOST HOTEL in Buttonwillow, which we hope you will support, is Motel 6 Central (661-764-5121), which includes WiFi, Speed Channel, HBO, and other amenities geared towards race car drivers and people who think they're race car drivers. NOTE: there are two Motel 6's at the Buttonwillow exit, ours is the one closest to the on/off ramp on the West side of the street. When you book your room, please state that you are with "SPEED VENTURES" to get your discount. If you have already booked a room at Motel 6 and have not mentioned Speed Ventures, please call back, let them know, and get your discount!

CAMPING is allowed on Friday and Saturday nights.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="FormLabel" valign="top" align="right">Attendees</td> <td> For a list of drivers registered for Saturday's event and their cars, click here.
For a list of drivers registered for Sunday's event and their cars, click here.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> Buttonwillow Raceway 13 CW (Saturday)

Buttonwillow Raceway 13 CW (Sunday)

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by JEBperformance; 02-24-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Registered on Saturday, see you out there.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:26 PM
euno73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Registered
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Haha Dave called me about this.

I'm tempted. Are you going Saturday?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:58 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Haha Dave called me about this.

I'm tempted. Are you going Saturday?
Yes on Saturday. Start working on your car.....
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Mike

All I need are tires >_<

My last set of tires barely made it 1 month
Old 02-24-2011, 12:34 AM
4drScreamer

Thanks for setting this up John!

I'm tracking at Willow Springs on tax day, so I may drop in on this one too as a warm up.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

All I need are tires >_<

My last set of tires barely made it 1 month
Mike Check out following website, Discount Tires, Custom Wheels, Rims, Goodyear, Michelin, Cooper Tires
They have the lowest price possible on tires. My brother bought some Federal 595RS-R on his S2K and did 2:16 on last SV event. Considering it was his 2nd track day ever. I guess the tires made a huge difference. He gets all the lines wrong and still does 2:16 on Buttonwillow 13CW. Its not fair. You need to special order them at least a week in advance. They don't carry them, and they have the worse customer service. Let them know John@Jeby sent you and they will take off sales tax. MY BROTHER PAID FOR ALL SET OF 17" TIRES $360 PICKED UP HIMSELF. NO SALE TAX.
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Thanks for setting this up John!

I'm tracking at Willow Springs on tax day, so I may drop in on this one too as a warm up.
Warm ups, no compared to Streets, this is the main event. Cancel Streets, it is not good for our cars. I rarely go there. You will not regret. Just remember this promotion will end 03/01/2011. So if you are going register ASAP.

Last edited by JEBperformance; 02-24-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Mike

I have a set of RS-3 on order I've heard good things about the 595RS-R, but my understanding is that they grease up like star specs, but have RS-3 sidewalls...

It's on standby; I might go to SoWS on 3/11, which means I'd be driving straight to BW afterwards.

Question is, do I stay on the star specs and take it easy at SoWS or just throw on the new tires now and sell the star specs used.... >_<

They have about 3.5/32" left, but I dont know how much I'll use this weekend at ACS.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

I have a set of RS-3 on order I've heard good things about the 595RS-R, but my understanding is that they grease up like star specs, but have RS-3 sidewalls...

It's on standby; I might go to SoWS on 3/11, which means I'd be driving straight to BW afterwards.

Question is, do I stay on the star specs and take it easy at SoWS or just throw on the new tires now and sell the star specs used.... >_<

They have about 3.5/32" left, but I dont know how much I'll use this weekend at ACS.
Good Thinking, however Streets will wear your tires. Consider giving me a set of brand new tires just for Buttonwillow Raceway. I will take em on my friends STI plenty of room. And you can run Streets worry free, to save your tires". Just a suggestion.

This way you can keep both for future events. Tires new or used, I think it is always good to wear them out yourself. Saves money in a long run.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Mike

And have them mounted at the tire shop @ BW?

Hrm.... good idea actually.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

And have them mounted at the tire shop @ BW?

Hrm.... good idea actually.
I thank you for liking my idea. It is always good to have a good friends around at the racing track. No one knows what will happen there. I've seen everything.

To keep company during off sessions. Exchange ideas, feed back on latest track conditions, and yes especially during emergency and car issues.

So just let me know, drop you tires off at my shop and I will take em for you. Consider Jeb Performance as your racing team supporter.

You are welcome in advance.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
jungwoo0622

Originally Posted by JEBperformance
I AM PRETTY SURE A RECORD SET BY JUNGWOO0622 MY DEAR FRIEND WILL FINALLY BE BROKEN. 2:08 13CW AT BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY.
I will be the first to break my own record. Just Registered on Saturday.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike

Wut.

G37 record you say? Maybe I should do a few laps in your car and see how I do....
Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
JEBperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jungwoo0622
I will be the first to break my own record. Just Registered on Saturday.
Lets do this. We have waited too long for G35/G37 Time Attack. SpeedVentures will make this a reality. So all of us late 30ish can have more fun at the track. Still room for babies at the back.
Wut.

G37 record you say? Maybe I should do a few laps in your car and see how I do....
Jungwoo0622 VS. MIKE sounds like a friendly challenge.

Last edited by JEBperformance; 02-24-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Quick Reply: SpeedVentures will support MYG37 Members