Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Chin Motorsport Events

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
quart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chin Motorsport Events

Has anyone participated in any of the Chin Motorsports events or plan to?

I am thinking of doing either their October Sebring, or November Road Atl or Roebling Road event and wondering about some of the details and if there are any other G37's in FL or GA who are members?

Having never tracked my G even though I have prepped it with new suspension parts, I am wondering how to get the car ready before heading to the event. I use to track my Miata and we would have to remove the spare and anything that wasn't bolted down or part of the car (included speaker boxes) before we could get cleared by technical. It was always a pain to sto a spare and jack when at the track... if I knew ahead of time I could at least leave that stuff in the hotel room.

Any thoughts on the instructors as to their experience? Do you do orientation laps in your car or theirs? 80 people for a single day event is a lot of folks on track at once and to work in newby's. Chin requires you to do 8 track days with and instructor if you have never raced with them before, so even with previous experience you will have a passenger for you first few events.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
hgunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've done a couple Chin events (at sebring). They are good and well run. Lots of track time as they do not run in groups like some of the other clubs do. My instructor was just ok at best but the classroom part was very good.

Sebring is very hard on the brakes. It is also a bit rough and a couple of the walls are a bit close for my comfort level (turn 1). Also it is a track that rewards high horsepower machines. But lots of history and it is challenging.

I have done Roebeling a bunch of times with PCA and once with my G35. That is a very safe track and I think that is a better track for the G. I have never done road atlanta but sounds interesting.

Quick Reply: Chin Motorsport Events