Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

Bremerton Autocross #5 (with videos)

Old 06-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Thrillhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bremerton Autocross #5 (with videos)

I'm fairly new here, just got my G37 a week and a half ago. This past sunday was BSCC Autox #5 at Bremerton Motorsports Park in Washington. Tough, technical course this time, pretty much being dominated by a guy in a Lotus Exige. I've been going to these for about 5 years now, lately with a group of friends. It's a great way to spend a sunday.

If you aren't aware, Autocrossing is basically a simple form of racing. You take a large paved area, lay out a track with orange cones, and race one at a time through it. 2 second penalty for taking out a cone, 10 seconds for missing a gate. It's a great way to get involved with motorsport. It's cheap, convenient, and doesn't hurt the car one bit(other than maybe a bit of tire).

There was one other G37 out there with some sort of suspension mods, definitely lowered, along with a G35 that also had some suspension mods. The G37 was ahead of me by about 8 tenths, I think the G35 was about a half-second behind me. Either of you guys on here?

Anyway, Here's a couple videos from my in car camera. Please keep in mind that I've only owned the car for 1 week and 3 days, and that I'm coming from a 2005 Pontiac GTO, so I'm still learning how to drive a car with far better brakes and handling.

First ever run (60.9s): http://tinyurl.com/63b5yz
(I had to use tinyurl as the youtube URL has "f-a-g" in it and the world filter here *'s it out)

4th and fastest run (57.9s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsJSEOSrYU
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My G loves AutoX... Im addicted aswell....
Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Flyingcesar

Welcome to the form. I want to start doing auto x its looks like to much fun. is this the SCCA autoX?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Titanium

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse
I'm fairly new here, just got my G37 a week and a half ago. This past sunday was BSCC Autox #5 at Bremerton Motorsports Park in Washington. Tough, technical course this time, pretty much being dominated by a guy in a Lotus Exige. I've been going to these for about 5 years now, lately with a group of friends. It's a great way to spend a sunday.

If you aren't aware, Autocrossing is basically a simple form of racing. You take a large paved area, lay out a track with orange cones, and race one at a time through it. 2 second penalty for taking out a cone, 10 seconds for missing a gate. It's a great way to get involved with motorsport. It's cheap, convenient, and doesn't hurt the car one bit(other than maybe a bit of tire).

There was one other G37 out there with some sort of suspension mods, definitely lowered, along with a G35 that also had some suspension mods. The G37 was ahead of me by about 8 tenths, I think the G35 was about a half-second behind me. Either of you guys on here?

Anyway, Here's a couple videos from my in car camera. Please keep in mind that I've only owned the car for 1 week and 3 days, and that I'm coming from a 2005 Pontiac GTO, so I'm still learning how to drive a car with far better brakes and handling.

First ever run (60.9s): http://tinyurl.com/63b5yz
(I had to use tinyurl as the youtube URL has "f-a-g" in it and the world filter here *'s it out)

4th and fastest run (57.9s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqsJSEOSrYU
I was just there last Saturday with the Porsche club for Driver Skills. We had a big autocross at the end too, but it wasn't timed.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:39 PM
deslisgre

Other G37 at Bremerton

Hey I'm the other guy autocrossing the G37 at Bremerton! Jumped on here just to see whats new and theres your blog and videos, Small world isnt it? Got my car in January and have been hitting the Bremerton area events whenever possible. You did very well first time out in the car and all, impressive! Mines stock other than a set of H&R springs and an alignment. Great car though, very well balanced. Looking into tire and possible wheel upgrades next. Had a 04 G35 sedan set up for STX class before with a bunch of mods. Was hoping to run into you at the event but missed you, maybe next time. See you at the track!