MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Installing G37 Coupe midpipe on G37 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Jtfreyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing G37 Coupe midpipe on G37 Sedan

I currently own a G37 Sedan, and love the exhaust tone, but would like it to be a little bit louder like the coupe. I do not want to change the tone of the exhaust, and do not really like any the aftermarket ones I've heard since they are too deep and lose that infamous "Infinity sound". I would love to just install the coupe exhaust on the sedan, but the axle back mufflers cannot be swapped since the sedan has the spare tire tub in the way where the coupe muffler would go. However, I was wondering if anybody has successfully installed the coupe midpipe on the sedan? They look similar, except for the coupe resonators are half the size of the sedan's. The only fit up difference I can see is the rear flanges of the coupe midpipe are at a different angle than the sedans, since they are designed to feed into a different rear muffler arrangement. I am assuming an exhaust shop can work around this by welding up a small connecting piece to make the coupe midpipe feed into the sedan's mufflers? Has anyone tried this, and what was the sound result? Did it sound almost identical in tone and volume to the coupe? It seems to me the midpipe resonators have more effect on exhaust note than the rear mufflers do.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:54 PM
machomike8
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtfreyer
I currently own a G37 Sedan, and love the exhaust tone, but would like it to be a little bit louder like the coupe. I do not want to change the tone of the exhaust, and do not really like any the aftermarket ones I've heard since they are too deep and lose that infamous "Infinity sound". I would love to just install the coupe exhaust on the sedan, but the axle back mufflers cannot be swapped since the sedan has the spare tire tub in the way where the coupe muffler would go. However, I was wondering if anybody has successfully installed the coupe midpipe on the sedan? They look similar, except for the coupe resonators are half the size of the sedan's. The only fit up difference I can see is the rear flanges of the coupe midpipe are at a different angle than the sedans, since they are designed to feed into a different rear muffler arrangement. I am assuming an exhaust shop can work around this by welding up a small connecting piece to make the coupe midpipe feed into the sedan's mufflers? Has anyone tried this, and what was the sound result? Did it sound almost identical in tone and volume to the coupe? It seems to me the midpipe resonators have more effect on exhaust note than the rear mufflers do.
Welcome to the forum. Please search first before creating a new post in the future. You would have found several posts about this.

I'll help you out this first time since I did this with good results...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...finally-2.html
Old 10-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Jtfreyer

Thanks. The thread you linked is exactly what I am looking for. I tried searching myself across various forums using google, but couldn't find anything. Next time I'll search in the myG37 site directly.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:07 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
INFINITI

no

infinity.

cmon man.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:44 AM
Jtfreyer

Auto spell check did it, didn't catch it until after I posted.