MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

BLITZ throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 PM
chamelieon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok this is still confusing to me.. and im sure to other people.. because no one is being crystal clear on what exactly its fixing or doing. throttle this and throttle that..

the main PROBLEM with the G37 is the LAG from when you try to quickly free revv the car from the time the throttle opens and you see the car physically revv .. seems like half a second lag...

any car that has a throttle cable and is NOT driven by Drive By Wire (DBW) does not have this problem. and pretty much has instantanious throttle responce.

so if anyone can be clear enuff.. it deletes the lag or is it doing something else to patch the problem? i dont see any reason why there is any lag in DBW since im sure the motor has the power to move as fast as your foot.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

Is this a Valve Timing controller or does it remap the throttle position sensor?

Does it alter the idle rpm?

How is drivablitlity affected on the 6MT vs Auto ?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Da Hashi

to my understanding this is how it works.....the controller acts like a 1/4 turn throttle on a motorcycle.....it quickens the rate at which the throttle opens and by doing so also tells the ecu to dump more fuel in to where the throttle position is...giving you quicker acceleration.....yeah you can mash your foot down but the throttle butterfly is'nt at a 100%....the butterfly kind of lags to keep the air velocity up....which is good but it seems to lag....you could be at 50% throttle and it actually...well i'm not certain where it actually is but I'm certain it's not 50%......with the controller at 1/4 throttle it's at 100% quicker acceleration awsome
Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
+1. lol

Im no expert on the DBW. i've been messing around my car just to see if the lag effect dissapears on with the TC activated. It mimized it on all the settings but you'll feel more of a difference on SP3. The throttle response is amazing with SP3.

Using the Magden computer, I also noticed a big change on the Throttle position with the blitz controller. At SP3, My Throttle position was open 88% at 2900 rpm. I turned it off while datalogging and at the same rpm, my Throttle position was only at 43%.

Hope that helps
Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

So we're looking at throttle-position/pedal-position ratio that's altered... aka programmable-lead-foot :-)

This is not so necessary on a 6MT where the throttle position can be controlled at every shift anyways.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shabbo
So we're looking at throttle-position/pedal-position ratio that's altered... aka programmable-lead-foot :-)

This is not so necessary on a 6MT where the throttle position can be controlled at every shift anyways.
Not true! Throttle is not all the way open even on a 6MT. It opens progressively as you accelerate. Maybe Lou can get us some numbers off his car or another customers car. A before and after dyno with the time needed to accelerate to max RPM. A car with a Blitz controller will be less.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:11 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Not true! Throttle is not all the way open even on a 6MT. It opens progressively as you accelerate. Maybe Lou can get us some numbers off his car or another customers car. A before and after dyno with the time needed to accelerate to max RPM. A car with a Blitz controller will be less.
Are you saying that in addition to remapping the throttle position, it's also increasing the ramp-up speed??

If this is indeed true... then this upgrade can be significantly more important than an intake alone and is clearly a must have!!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
The1andOnly

I honestly would call this a must have have mod. I can't imagine now not having this mod, and being able to choose how responsive the throttle is.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
shabbo
Registered Member

there's a probably a throttle cushion algorithm programmed into stock throttle control that filters out turbulence.

However, theoretically, if the change in pedal position is significant then the cushion-filter should be bypassed and the throttle position should change without lag under stock-operation. If there is a lag, probably Blitz will better know of this from any tests that have been done, and their module minimizes this lag.

There's probably a limit to the throttle ramp-up speed, if the ECU requires the TPS signal as a primary input for computing injection, timing and VVEL setup etc... before allowing in more air. The throttle controller should minimize this lag.

Does anyone know for sure whether this is how the Blitz module operates? From the information provided it's misleading.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^I have heard that this decreases the time it takes to get up to speed. If we could get Lou or another person who is going to buy this to do a before and after dyno that maps the time that it takes to get up to max RPM then, if this works, you should see a decrease in the time it takes to get to make HP/TQ.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^I have heard that this decreases the time it takes to get up to speed. If we could get Lou or another person who is going to buy this to do a before and after dyno that maps the time that it takes to get up to max RPM then, if this works, you should see a decrease in the time it takes to get to make HP/TQ.
you don't have to do a before and after. All you have to do is turn off the controller and your back to stock settings.

If we are not busy next week, Im going to take my car for dyno. I can do before and after with the HKS exhaust then do a few more runs for with the BLITZ
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 PM
koelzmod

This question may be redundant, but where and how difficult is the Blitz throttle controller to install? Sorry, just picked up on this thread.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:26 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ampdG37
you don't have to do a before and after. All you have to do is turn off the controller and your back to stock settings.

If we are not busy next week, Im going to take my car for dyno. I can do before and after with the HKS exhaust then do a few more runs for with the BLITZ
oww, no before and after dyno with the blitz because I am special with this three settings that allow me to go back to stock. No one likes a smarta$$, Lou. hehehe...j/k Lou. (I cannot believe I forgot about the stock setting)
Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
chamelieon

in for some hard data. I keep hearing this rumor that the factory ecu starts closing the throttle up to almost 20% nearing redline, even when your foot is still mashed to the floor! god know what else it does the entire time?

honestly i believe its also doing the same thing under 3k rpms, if your at 50% throttle its only giving you 30% lets say. just for fuel economy sake.

so to whoever can somehow test all this, do it!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by koelzmod
This question may be redundant, but where and how difficult is the Blitz throttle controller to install? Sorry, just picked up on this thread.
It is real easy to install. Unbolt the accelerator pedal (2 bolts under a cover), plug the connector in between the harness and the pedal, make connections to Blitz controller box, place Blitz display box, hide wires done.

Ohh, and reinstall accelerator pedal if you feel the need to. j/k
You DO need to.

Quick Reply: BLITZ throttle controller