MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Intake on a Leased G?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:59 PM
RealOne81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake on a Leased G?

So Im leasing my G but really want to get the Injen intake coming out for it. So my question is if I keep the original intake and swap it out at the end do you think I would be ok?? And what about when I take it in for service?? Any opinions or thoughts from you guys would be mucho appreciated!!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:11 AM
J.Oh

yea screw it do it im doing it mines a lease. but if you get hydrolock.... your screwd
Old 06-11-2008, 12:11 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
You'll be fine.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 AM
JanSolo

Okay, so you've decided to rice, er modify your car for the illegal street races you want to participate in, but sadly, you're leasing the car. Clearly this is a major dilemma! Here are two easy steps to make your life easier.

1. For service and maintenance, don't go to the dealership. Take it to the local performance shop to perform your routine maintenances. You won't be able to get a loaner Infiniti for the day, but at least you won't get the evil eye from the service dept grunt you're dealing with and won't have to enter into arbitration for any potential issues caused by your aftermarket performance parts.
2. If you happen to go to the dealership, spend the extra cash and time and take the part(s) off each time. It's a major hassle, but it is the price you must pay for modifying your car unnecessarily.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JanSolo
Okay, so you've decided to rice, er modify your car for the illegal street races you want to participate in, but sadly, you're leasing the car. Clearly this is a major dilemma! Here are two easy steps to make your life easier.

1. For service and maintenance, don't go to the dealership. Take it to the local performance shop to perform your routine maintenances. You won't be able to get a loaner Infiniti for the day, but at least you won't get the evil eye from the service dept grunt you're dealing with and won't have to enter into arbitration for any potential issues caused by your aftermarket performance parts.
2. If you happen to go to the dealership, spend the extra cash and time and take the part(s) off each time. It's a major hassle, but it is the price you must pay for modifying your car unnecessarily.

Hmmm... When did the OP say ANYTHING about street racing? And there are many dealerships out there that are Mod friendly...

In other words, go for it RealOne... Not too hard to install/remove these things anyways...
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
JanSolo

Originally Posted by gamedog
Hmmm... When did the OP say ANYTHING about street racing? And there are many dealerships out there that are Mod friendly...

In other words, go for it RealOne... Not too hard to install/remove these things anyways...
They didn't ever mention, but I assumed. Judging by the amount of people who post about racing on the track, I'd assume that most of the folks here just do the light to light street racing.

Mod friendly dealerships generally are ones where they sell the aftermarket parts in question. Even then, they are generally only mod friendly IF they install the part themselves. If not, then they often times will hassle you for it. They cannot simply pull a warranty, as it were, but goddamn they can be such *******s about things.

Yeah go for it. Mod the car all you want - after all, it's your money, time and energy and you can do whatever you want with it. And if there is a problem due to the mod, you can always spend more of that time, money and energy dealing with the fallout.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i.e lexus with hks exhaust and fugita intake ^
Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
RealOne81

No Im not going for the "rice" factor to be perfectly honest I just love the sound of the Injen intake! But thanks for the input guys I guess the only thing keeping me from getting it now is the fact that Im scared to death from all the hydro lock talk Im hearing about on these forums especially on a leased vehicle!!

Last edited by RealOne81; 06-11-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

if ur in socal go for it no hydro lock here buddy
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM
RealOne81

Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
if ur in socal go for it no hydro lock here buddy
I wish, Im in the MidWest southern Kansas to be exact sooooo yah not sure what to do the streets here dont get to bad and Im pretty **** about having a clean car so im always trying to avoid puddles anyways.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

just take off the intake before u take it into service and put the oem ones back on...not that hard to do unless u end up going with the injen intake now thats when its a b**ch...mines a lease and im starting some mods at the moment but when the lease is over ill prbably end up buying the car out since i love this thing so much and it never gets boring, or simply get the newer one when it comes out in 4 years or so lol
Old 06-11-2008, 01:26 PM
The1andOnly

You don't even have to take out the intakes when you service it. The only time you gotta worry about taking out parts is if you're taking it in for anything that has to do with warranty service and when you return the car.

As far as hydro locking, it's summer.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:21 PM
RealOne81

Total newb question I know but Im new to moding especially when it comes to moding anything that has to do with the engine but let me ask this is it just these Injen intakes that are more susceptible to hydro lock or all intakes in general? Cause everyone seems to be making it sound like Injen has more of a chance of it happening for whatever reason. And is it just large puddles of water or your common small puddle or water as well??
Old 06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
The1andOnly

Everyone is worried about the injens because the filters are placed much further and lower than all the other intakes.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by RealOne81
Total newb question I know but Im new to moding especially when it comes to moding anything that has to do with the engine but let me ask this is it just these Injen intakes that are more susceptible to hydro lock or all intakes in general? Cause everyone seems to be making it sound like Injen has more of a chance of it happening for whatever reason. And is it just large puddles of water or your common small puddle or water as well??
foot deep puddle which you shouldnt be in anyways

Quick Reply: Intake on a Leased G?