MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Stillen customer service blows

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
kerls08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stillen customer service blows

I recieved alot of goodies and took to the installer 2 days ago and when they went to install rear sway bar it was smller than stock so it did not fit bushing.
I called and they patched me to the customer service rep named alex (what a stroke) and he said they shipped right part and then I asked him to descibe the rear sway to me and he said it had 3 holes in the bar for adjustment but the one I recieved had 2 so I knew it was wrong.
He requested that dealership take pics and micrometer readings of the size and forward them to him when the products they sell are do it yourself it so easy.
So who in there right mind has a micrometer lying around.
After 1 hour of his bs I called my sales guy and told him the situation about the alex guy and my part.
I recieved a call from alex less than 5 min later with a big story on how he misunderstood me and that he would ship out correct part.
I have been dealing with performance parts before he hit puberty and we are about the same age so that should tell you something.
Bottom line if you have problems with them bitch to your salesperson and you will get the results you are looking for.
kerley
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive heard many mod-horror stories about stillen customer service. its sad that they sell a decent product with S H I T T Y service. i will never buy anything from them. ever.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
SPOHN
From Z to G

Heard this before.

They make decent products, yes. But they sure are proud of there products also ($$$$).
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Many people here have had problems with Stillen, getting the wrong parts, and even some with poor customer service. More than often though, people are receiving the wrong parts. I think I'll just wait until someone else releases some sways. I don't have time to deal with wrong parts and crappy service.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Many people here have had problems with Stillen, getting the wrong parts, and even some with poor customer service. More than often though, people are receiving the wrong parts. I think I'll just wait until someone else releases some sways. I don't have time to deal with wrong parts and crappy service.
++1
Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have Stillen stuff but eventhough it seems their customer service is lacking they still seem to be trying to get things right for their customers by sending out new swaybars. Personally I wouldn't write them off just yet unless you have had only bad experiences with them. I am not writing off Infiniti because they screwed me out of my voice-commands. Infiniti will never add those commands but I still love my car.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't see it as people writing them off, but being a bit cautious and waiting for Stillen to correct the problems they are having. I've had Stillen products before with no problems. Maybe it's just with some of the G37 parts (in particular the sways).
Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
this is not even close to the first thread i have read about horrible customer service... and personally i dont think there products are all that either... ESPECIALLY for the prices... just makes me feel better when buying other products and getting great quality and customer service. kudos to fast intentions!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:31 AM
IP37

don't remember the guys name, but call stillen and dial extension 159, he's the one sending my replacement swaybar
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 AM
madmikeg37
Banned

Thumbs down Stillen Customer Service

Originally Posted by solopresident
prices are high, get things wrong. not a fan of them one bit. they just use their name and money to advertise their parts. most of their stuff is made outside of their company.
Customer service as a joke, I bought a cai I was told 10hp/9tq.
Then i get the kit & are then told no it's 6hp/7tq.
Sent e mail got response from then now telling me 10hp was for the long kit.
WTF!!! long kit, i bought what you guys had on your website, only to find 3 months later a Long Kit with 10hp or whatever claims they are boasting.
when i complained they offered me to buy the long tubes for $144.00 plus shipping.
after dropping $414.00 of my hard earned cash, I should then drop another $144.00.
No way is that going to happen, I will never buy Stillen again.
The customer service rep. from Stillen keeps sending e mails asking me to call them.
When I did they tried to drop the price $39.00 off.
Big deal, they can keep the Long Kit.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I apologize for the confusion on the rear sway bars. There was a mix-up during the assembly process and some G35 sedan sway bars made their way into G37 kits and vice versa. We have been contacting our customer's since Monday in an effort to verify what they have, and make sure it is correct for their application. In a case like this where you have received the incorrect sway bar STILLEN will pay to ship you a new bar and pay to have UPS come out and pick up the incorrect bar.

The G35 sedan and G37 sway bars are almost identical, the only difference is the G35 sedan sway bar is a little bit thinner. All the bends and angles are identical though.

Again, I apologize for the mistake and confusion. I am confident that Alex will take care of this immediately for you and you should be receiving your new bar very soon.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

most of their stuff is made outside of their company.
I am not quite sure where you have received your information but this is completely false. We have our own in house urethane manufacturing assembly, machine shop, metal fabrication shop, R & D facility and more. If you would like to come on down one day I would be more than happy to walk you around and give you a complete tour of all 3 buildings we currently occupy.

We actually manufacture parts a lot of other companies in the aftermarket industry.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
I am not quite sure where you have received your information but this is completely false. We have our own in house urethane manufacturing assembly, machine shop, metal fabrication shop, R & D facility and more. If you would like to come on down one day I would be more than happy to walk you around and give you a complete tour of all 3 buildings we currently occupy.

We actually manufacture parts a lot of other companies in the aftermarket industry.
I would actually love that. I will be down on saturday for cars and coffee. It would be an honor. B/c from what i have heard, again, you make an *** assuming, but what i have heard is different. So i would actually love to see the facility b/c I have admired stillen until i got into the G and started reading threads on driver then other forums.

I do work at 10 though and live very far. so maybe like 830 AM?? too early?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Ahujadaddy

pwned
Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

I would actually love that. I will be down on saturday for cars and coffee. It would be an honor. B/c from what i have heard, again, you make an *** assuming, but what i have heard is different. So i would actually love to see the facility b/c I have admired stillen until i got into the G and started reading threads on driver then other forums.

I do work at 10 though and live very far. so maybe like 830 AM?? too early?
8:30 will be perfect. I might not be able to show you our metal fabrication/manufacturing facility as it is closed on the weekends, but I will do my best to arrange that.

EDIT:

OK, just got permission from Steve to open up that facility on Saturday. Also, we would like to invite 2 or 3 other members to come down and view the facility. We can't allow too many people as our insurance will not allow it and there are things you will see that are normally off limits. We want to protect the other companies that we make parts for.

And actually this reminds me...On May 17th we are having our annual open house event. Heavily discounted products, free installs on certain items, discounted dyno runs, BBQ lunch with all contributions going to the Boy Scouts...It's a fun event...

Last edited by kyle@stillen; 03-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Stillen customer service blows