MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

An idea for a new section, stick, or whatnot

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
An idea for a new section, stick, or whatnot

Hey mods & admins, would it be possible to create a new section or maybe sticky for the parts that are available for the G37 and links to the manufactures website? Just think it might be a good idea to have something like this for intakes, exhausts, springs, etc. Only allow the threads to be posted to by mods or admins and under the thread, say for exhaust, you would post for each manufacture exhaust that is available or coming out for the G37 (Injen, FI, etc) with a link to the manufacture website with info on product and/or places to buy it. This would make it easier for people to find what is available for the G37 without having to search 1000+ threads in the forum. Plus we wouldn't have to deal with everyones opinion on the thread about the product (we could search the forum for that) and it would make it easier for us to research the product and buy it.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by O NO
Sure, and what do well tell the existing and future sponsors on here
Allow the sponsors to post to the thread pointing to where we can buy the product from them. The links in the section/threads (at least from what I am thinking) should be just for info on the product and the sponsors can post their link to their site so we can buy it from them. Maybe I am not explaining this idea correctly but I was just thinking it would be nice to have a central location of all the available parts that are out for our cars. And it would be great if the sponsors had rights to post to the threads pointing to were I can buy the product from them. Nothing against the sponsors but their sites are not really set up for the G37 yet. I haven't found one of them that I can select the G37 as my car and they show me parts they have. The only way I can order from this is to search for the thread they posted to with the url to buy from them or I call them. I hope this idea is coming across the idea. It is not meant to block out the sponsors but to actually help them a little bit because more people would be able to see what is available which should help them to buy.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
EverythingG35.com
eh.. I think that linking to that site would be worse than a simple list of parts that are available, no?
unless they're a sponsor here or something

example...

Exhaust
FI (picture of the exhaust, maybe some info on it, blah blah...)
Stillen (same info blah blah..)

Intake
blah
blah
blah

no links to where you can buy them for cheap, to keep your sponsors happy, but a list like this would be nice to have for those looking for what parts are available
Old 02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
O NO

O'tay peeps.

Your list is good to go.

Make up what type of format you all want to use etc. and post in this thread. I can merge and manipulate the posts in here. What forum is this going to be in,

I'll sticky this thread and I'm going to delete the posts that are non relevant (non 411 posts etc.). Anyone who is participating in this I would suggest to subscribe to this thread this way everyone who is contributing to this should probably speed the process where you all are trying to get to.

Get er done peeps.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Ok, here is my idea:

I am thinking a Forum (sub-forum in the Marketplace forum) called "G37 Upgrades" or "G37 Parts" or something like that. Now in that sub-forum, create multiple sub-forums for each car upgrade category and under the sub-forum for each category a thread would be created for each manufactured part. Below is an example:

Exhaust
- Fast Intentions
- Impul
- HKS Hi-Power
- AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual
- Tanabe
- Stillen
Intake
- Fujita
- Injen
- Stillen
- Impul
Suspension
Springs
Body kits

- Impul
Rims
Tires
Forced Induction
Camber Kits
Lighting Mods
ECU/Chip Mods
Brake Systems

- = Thread
Bold = Sub-Forum

Some of these categories could be combined probably and I am probably missing quiet a few as well. I did a search and found some upgrades that I could find to put under some of the categories. Let me know if something like this would be possible or if I am going the wrong direction.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 PM
IP37

i think just a thread for each type of part would be enough.. not a thread for each individual part, that would end up being a chit ton of threads...

so a thread for exhaust, then maybe a post for each exhaust inside that thread

or it might even work with just one thread, and a post for each type of part (exhaust, blah blah..) how long can one post be?

unless you want to turn it into a discussion thread about each part

Last edited by IP37; 02-24-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
10,000 characters.

Worst case, break it up and will work with it from there.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:16 AM
O NO

bboysteele - you're gonna give my mouse a heart attack with all those sub-forums

I tend to go with IP's version

But.... a sub off the private classifieds with threads but keep it to a minimal amount of threads for now. If a particular thread is loading up and a need to break it up that is very doable.

As many of you have mentioned there isn't a hel of alot of stuff for the 37 on the market right now other than wheels maybe.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 AM
IP37

alrighty, so, example....

g37 parts
-engine & drivetrain
--exhaust (thread)
---fast intentions (post)
---stillen (post)
--intake (thread)
---injen (post)
-brakes & suspension
--sway bars (thread)
---stillen (post)
--camber kits (thread)
---spc (post)
---stillen (post)

like this?

might of confroosed myself

and each post could contain a couple pictures of the product, maybe installation instructions if available, and even a link to buy them at one of the sponsor's site or manufacturer's site or something

it's late, i'm going to bed

Last edited by IP37; 02-25-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 AM
O NO

IP

Is there stuff available in all those categories you posted ?

Just throw stuff out ......

All the 411 should be in the OP of each thread. Posts can be merged into the OP as they are hoisted. Discussions pro or con can continue in the thread not affecting the 411 in the OP.

A strick layout (template if you will) of the information when posting something new so it will look more uniform in the OP.

Thoughts
Old 02-25-2008, 12:47 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by O NO
IP

Is there stuff available in all those categories you posted ?

Just throw stuff out ......

All the 411 should be in the OP of each thread. Posts can be merged into the OP as they are hoisted. Discussions pro or con can continue in the thread not affecting the 411 in the OP.

A strick layout (template if you will) of the information when posting something new so it will look more uniform in the OP.

Thoughts

Ya there is something available for each post IP put. IP, that is what I was thinking also but you combined some of the categories which is cool.
So O_NO, you want a templete or something for this? Do you want all the categories for the products available? I know there are Springs out for the G37 so that could be added. We could add other threads later when products become available too like for ECU/Chip mods, etc.

Last edited by bboysteele; 02-25-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:53 AM
O NO

Start making the threads, I'll stick em and combine posts as needed.
I put it in the Tech as there will be no FS in this forum.
If someone feels differently, state your case, post up.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

I posted some up. If someone else doesn't do it I will try to post up the intake stuff next. Impul exhaust is suppose to be out but I couldn't get on their site and the link that UNV posted doesn't have any real info on the exhaust so I didn't post it. Time for me to go to bed.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:06 AM
O NO

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I posted some up. If someone else doesn't do it I will try to post up the intake stuff next. Impul exhaust is suppose to be out but I couldn't get on their site and the link that UNV posted doesn't have any real info on the exhaust so I didn't post it. Time for me to go to bed.
Thanks for getting it started but I believe Exhausts were going to be in one thread
Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

OK, I wasn't exactly sure how you wanted it done. If that is the case, can you combine those threads and edit the Title?

Quick Reply: An idea for a new section, stick, or whatnot