MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)

Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Thats why Mr Obama who was going to immediately pull all the troops, has yet to do that in 4 years. Must be some behind the scenes things that nobody mentions..

Glad to see some good spirited involvement in this thread!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
MN-G-Fever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well said Mathias, I know you have seen alot of that stuff first hand. I see alot of the food stamp stuff on a daily basis with the foreclosure reviews - just amazes me how people were given a mortgage for a home when they are receiving almost $1,000 in food stamps per month. I also had this one instance when someone did not make a mortgage payment in 7 years and lived in their house the entire time. How the he// does this stuff happen?! $hit blows my mind and is so frustrating to read the complaints b^tching about everything happening around them and not taking responsibility for their current situation. The attitude in america just needs to change and it starts with not giving stuff out to people who don't deserve it - and there is alot of that going around it appears. And the banks are at fault for the mortgage/foreclosure disaster over the last few years - if you could sign your name on the dotted line, most likely you could get yourself a home. scary scary sheeeeeeeeeet
Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
It' s fair to say no one likes moocher no matter which party you support. The president often gets blamed (no matter which party) for things that are going wrong in society. Since It appears I'm the only standing democrat (though not hardcore lol) in this conversation, I'd like to hear you guys take on the Bush years. It's the republican stance to promote free enterprise and to have very little involvement of the government. It can be said that at least when it comes to the housing market and wallstreet, the lack of regulation and letting the private sector manage itself for the sake of profit led to the whole thing collapsing on itself.

Also on a different note_ as much as I hate moocher, I don't like to see the other end of the spectrum with CEO like my own a few years back directing the company to outsource job (mind you during the Bush years and before the economy collapsed), fire a bunch of people under the pretence that the company didn't meets it's projected goals. But yet, every member of upper management still received their fat bonuses, while people at engineering or entry level management level bonus where cut and no raise were issued. At the time the CEO also fully remodeled one of his multiple homes and bought a couple.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well written Matt and definitely agree with what you said.

Alright as promised I will chime in somewhat on Foreign Policy. Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject :/

I will start off saying that I think this country needs to settle down with the whole, infiltrating different countries because of different reasons, or having to have a hand in a lot of what goes on in the rest of the world. Trying to help other countries solve their issues before we can solve our own is stupid. Yes, I know that a presence around the world is crucial but, not in the way we go about it. I really wonder what the true motives are for what the country does, and I am sure a lot of other people do as well.
I think it's fair for other countries to have a sense of power in regards to Nuclear weapons if we are able to. ( again sorry if I'm behind for the time frame for this disscussion lol ). In the end of the day, I don't think anyone should have them to be honest. All they do is cause problems and fear.
I think the focus should be on trying to help other countries instead of fight them. Listen to what they have to say if they are willing to and try to get to a reasonable settlement. Trying to get everyone to try and work together around the world in a friendly "competition" for the lack of a better word, is a step in the right direction. Until that happens I don't think it will be too long until countries start laying bombs on one another and all hell breaks loose.

I don't really have much input on the Bush years as I REALLY didn't pay attention to politics back then.

Your mentioning of the CEO and outsourcing Tevi I definitely agree with. I think a nice medium would do wonders.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM
noctilucous

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^^ I agree and support your view here. Unfortunately for us all there is one thing that has driven the world since the beginning of time... Greed. No matter how many people want the world to be able to work together toward a common goal, we have people like Tevi spoke of who are out to get theirs and will use whatever tactics needed to obtain what they are after.

As far as the Bush years go, I do believe in the free system to extreme limits like we had in 2008. Unfortunately we had a complete system collapse which is not only on the banks failures to use common sense and not hand out mortgages to people that could never repay them, but the people seeking these because they want to have a house. In general, the american population has proven to be rough when it comes to managing finances. As usual it comes back to greed. The other issue we now face as Dan could chime in is how many large companies and CEO's are republican because of tax issues. Democrats historically raise taxes on those businesses, in turn these companies say "screw them raising taxes, I will outsource to places that are just as qualified, cut wages, not pay taxes on my workers, and make more money"
As much as I hate seeing this happen because it takes jobs away from us, I cant argue with them. It is the governments job to figure out how to fix this, not every individual business owners. That is just the simple economics of business.

One thing that keeps coming up on FB recently from uninformed voters is bringing up Bush and his quest for oil... news flash but we didn't take any oil to my knowledge.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 PM
noctilucous

Nuclear power is here unfortunately but I don't really have an issue with us stopping it. I had grandparents in the government, one being a CIA secret op and all I am told is we really don't have a clue what really goes on (along with a few other details).
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
WannabeSport

Alright, Andrew gave me **** about not posting much in this thread so I figured i'd go more in depth about the way I feel on issues.

As far as moochers go, this is probably my biggest issue. I personally do NOT think that EVERYONE should be helped. Working at a grocery establishment has greatly increased my awareness on this issue. Seeing people come in with their ten kids decked out in Foot Locker issued Nikes and North Face Coats while they themselves are on their iPhones and stuff, just drived me insane when i'd see them pay with EBT (food stamps..) and Im like, really, you can afford an iphone but can't afford food for your kids? Maybe stop having so many with your loser trailer trash husband... sorry, but come to Fargo and you will understand my thoughts lol. I firmly believe that if you are able bodied that you should be able to pay for your own food etc. There are FAR too many people that just want to 'milk the system' even though they are perfectly able to pay for it. Then it is US that end up paying for it and putting this country farther and farther into debt.

Foreign policy, well, i firmly stand by my get the job finished standpoint. My room at home may be a big mess, but if i go in and finish it, im damn well going to get it cleaned up before moving on and starting with the next task. We made a mess, its time to finish it up and slowly move out. Well, we withdrew from Iraq but instead moved more into Afghanistan. Obviously there is something going on that Obama knows about but wont let us know about.

Taxes, i think everyone should be taxed similar amounts. I personally don't see taxing the hell out of people that make 200k+ a year as a reasonable excuse to our nation's issues. My parents combined fall into that tax bracket and contrary to popular belief, they do NOT make their money off having 'investments'. Yes, my parents have money invested, but its mainly in their retirement since obviously they arent going to get **** from social security when they retire. Instead they work for what they have. My dad doesn't even live in the state of MN during the week. He is 56 years old and spends most of his time in St Louis working 18 hour days all day with senior level seniority. Yea, he puts in his time and even brings his projects home with him. He paid his dues and shouldn't have to save through the winter to write a 20-30k check every April. I think thats a bunch of BS. What ever happened to the american dream and working to achieve what you want? No, instead we just get taxed so the mom above can have her iphone and get free food. Just baffling.

Social issues, well, abortion IMO shouldn't be used as a form of birth control. If your gonna be slutty, get yourself knocked up and get pregnant, than thats YOUR issue. Maybe you should have been more responsible and careful. If you get raped and have no control, then I agree, abortion is the answer. You didn't want that, and it wasn't your fault. Switching to Gay rights, well obviously im a member of the rainbow crew so yes I think everyone should be equal and entitled to the same rights. If i could pound a ***** and get something out of it, i most certainly would, but unfortunately, that isn't the case so I may as well deal with the hand that I was dealt. This includes being able to marry whomever I decide to fall in love with and spend the rest of my life with. I deserve those benefits and joining in the sanctity of marriage just as much as Adam and Eve down the street.

Hopefully i don't offend anyone here hahaha

Last edited by WannabeSport; 10-25-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:52 PM
noctilucous

Originally Posted by wannabesport
alright, andrew gave me **** about not posting much in this thread so i figured i'd go more in depth about the way i feel on issues.

As far as moochers go, this is probably my biggest issue. I personally do not think that everyone should be helped. Working at a grocery establishment has greatly increased my awareness on this issue. Seeing people come in with their ten kids decked out in foot locker issued nikes and north face coats while they themselves are on their iphones and stuff, just drived me insane when i'd see them pay with ebt (food stamps..) and im like, really, you can afford an iphone but can't afford food for your kids? Maybe stop having so many with your loser trailer trash husband... Sorry, but come to fargo and you will understand my thoughts lol. I firmly believe that if you are able bodied that you should be able to pay for your own food etc. There are far too many people that just want to 'milk the system' even though they are perfectly able to pay for it. Then it is us that end up paying for it and putting this country farther and farther into debt.

Foreign policy, well, i firmly stand by my get the job finished standpoint. My room at home may be a big mess, but if i go in and finish it, im damn well going to get it cleaned up before moving on and starting with the next task. We made a mess, its time to finish it up and slowly move out. Well, we withdrew from iraq but instead moved more into afghanistan. Obviously there is something going on that obama knows about but wont let us know about.

Taxes, i think everyone should be taxed similar amounts. I personally don't see taxing the hell out of people that make 200k+ a year as a reasonable excuse to our nation's issues. My parents combined fall into that tax bracket and contrary to popular belief, they do not make their money off having 'investments'. Yes, my parents have money invested, but its mainly in their retirement since obviously they arent going to get **** from social security when they retire. Instead they work for what they have. My dad doesn't even live in the state of mn during the week. He is 56 years old and spends most of his time in st louis working 18 hour days all day with senior level seniority. Yea, he puts in his time and even brings his projects home with him. He paid his dues and shouldn't have to save through the winter to write a 20-30k check every april. I think thats a bunch of bs. What ever happened to the american dream and working to achieve what you want? No, instead we just get taxed so the mom above can have her iphone and get free food. Just baffling.

Social issues, well, abortion imo shouldn't be used as a form of birth control. If your gonna be slutty, get yourself knocked up and get pregnant, than thats your issue. Maybe you should have been more responsible and careful. If you get raped and have no control, then i agree, abortion is the answer. You didn't want that, and it wasn't your fault. Switching to gay rights, well obviously im a member of the rainbow crew so yes i think everyone should be equal and entitled to the same rights. If i could pound a ***** and get something out of it, i most certainly would, but unfortunately, that isn't the case so i may as well dealt the hand that i was dealt. This includes being able to marry whomever i decide to fall in love with and spend the rest of my life with. I deserve those benefits and joining in the sanctity of marriage.

boom! Nailed it!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Alright, Andrew gave me **** about not posting much in this thread so I figured i'd go more in depth about the way I feel on issues.

As far as moochers go, this is probably my biggest issue. I personally do NOT think that EVERYONE should be helped. Working at a grocery establishment has greatly increased my awareness on this issue. Seeing people come in with their ten kids decked out in Foot Locker issued Nikes and North Face Coats while they themselves are on their iPhones and stuff, just drived me insane when i'd see them pay with EBT (food stamps..) and Im like, really, you can afford an iphone but can't afford food for your kids? Maybe stop having so many with your loser trailer trash husband... sorry, but come to Fargo and you will understand my thoughts lol. I firmly believe that if you are able bodied that you should be able to pay for your own food etc. There are FAR too many people that just want to 'milk the system' even though they are perfectly able to pay for it. Then it is US that end up paying for it and putting this country farther and farther into debt.

Foreign policy, well, i firmly stand by my get the job finished standpoint. My room at home may be a big mess, but if i go in and finish it, im damn well going to get it cleaned up before moving on and starting with the next task. We made a mess, its time to finish it up and slowly move out. Well, we withdrew from Iraq but instead moved more into Afghanistan. Obviously there is something going on that Obama knows about but wont let us know about.

Taxes, i think everyone should be taxed similar amounts. I personally don't see taxing the hell out of people that make 200k+ a year as a reasonable excuse to our nation's issues. My parents combined fall into that tax bracket and contrary to popular belief, they do NOT make their money off having 'investments'. Yes, my parents have money invested, but its mainly in their retirement since obviously they arent going to get **** from social security when they retire. Instead they work for what they have. My dad doesn't even live in the state of MN during the week. He is 56 years old and spends most of his time in St Louis working 18 hour days all day with senior level seniority. Yea, he puts in his time and even brings his projects home with him. He paid his dues and shouldn't have to save through the winter to write a 20-30k check every April. I think thats a bunch of BS. What ever happened to the american dream and working to achieve what you want? No, instead we just get taxed so the mom above can have her iphone and get free food. Just baffling.

Social issues, well, abortion IMO shouldn't be used as a form of birth control. If your gonna be slutty, get yourself knocked up and get pregnant, than thats YOUR issue. Maybe you should have been more responsible and careful. If you get raped and have no control, then I agree, abortion is the answer. You didn't want that, and it wasn't your fault. Switching to Gay rights, well obviously im a member of the rainbow crew so yes I think everyone should be equal and entitled to the same rights. If i could pound a ***** and get something out of it, i most certainly would, but unfortunately, that isn't the case so I may as well deal with the hand that I was dealt. This includes being able to marry whomever I decide to fall in love with and spend the rest of my life with. I deserve those benefits and joining in the sanctity of marriage just as much as Adam and Eve down the street.

Your sir are WRONG. I couldn't disagree more

Jk. We have like the same beliefs lol. That's why we get along so well
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
WannabeSport

Lol thats why you just gotta vote like I do haha
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i could pound a ***** and get something out of it, i most certainly would
^ I vote Janik for president for quotes like this

Sorry guys, I've been too busy busting my *** with two jobs to make ends meet to be on here checking the latest happenings...J/k, but not really either. This is the first I stumbled across the MN P Crew discussions though so I'll chime in on the some of the subjects as I form coherent points to share. But in a general sense of things, I tend to lean fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

To be honest, I don't know which candidate I want to vote for as of this moment. After 4 years though, I think Obama has just been okay as a president...And I don't know if that's good enough for me. I knew from the beginning of his last campaign that he made too many promises that he couldn't deliver on. And not because he couldn't necessarily do it but because nobody can make those promises without a lot of stuff happening that really they have no real control over. A standing president is only one man who is appointed to be the voice and leader of something that is MUCH bigger than themselves. They can encourage and unite and push for a vision but in the end, circumstances will dictate what happens and why. From my perspective, it's how they react and mitigate the negative effects of those happenings that will decide for me if they are doing a good job.

I don't know if I have the motivation to respond to every talking point that has been discussed but I'll point out one thing, the mindset of some of the wealthy and poor are no different in this respect...it's a "what's in it for me?" attitude. One group asks what they get and the other asks what they keep. Now I know the argument can be made that the ones that are wanting to keep at least earned that to begin with but I do believe that we as people do have a moral obligation to sustain a certain level of being for ALL of our people...That doesn't mean I believe in robin hood economics but I know that I would have a real problem living in a society where one person can live like a King while another can't find a meal. I'm not a socialist by any means either who believes that we should all be equal and have the same level of everything blah blah blah...

This country is far from perfect but the implemented structures are prevalent and workable enough that most everyone can get what they work for. In other parts of the world, you're marginalized from birth with no real escape from your circumstance and eventual destiny. America has a pretty effective meritocracy system in which you get what you put in.

And in my opinion, some of the complaints here about moochers won't be fixed with policy. It has to be fixed at a much deeper level and that's culturally. We are a society of consumers-and as much as we shake our heads at the sight of people who are on their iphone and using their ebt card...I don't see anyone from Apple saying you should buy food instead of my phone. They are going to target those who will buy...it's that simple. They don't care about the cultural impact of what they do except to ingrain into people that they are providing a "need" (Business 101) I hate mooching as much as any of you guys but the culture we live by dictates the circumstances we live in.

Ughhh...okay that enough for now. My head hurts.

Janik for President!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
soolman32

I was getting ready to type a super long reply, but I couldn't have said it better than Shapeng here... and yes

Janik for president!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by soolman32
I was getting ready to type a super long reply, but I couldn't have said it better than Shapeng here... and yes

Janik for president!
Yeah Peng definitely rocked it with that reply!

Maybe in 13.5 years we will see Janik running for president
Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 PM
WannabeSport

My presidential limo would be an armored M56S and instead of Suburbans the secret service would be rolling in black armored QX56s on the 22s haha.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
soolman32

My presidential limo would be an armored M56S and instead of Suburbans the secret service would be rolling in black armored QX56s on the 22s haha.
That'd be the most gansta presidential convoy ever lol

Will we still refer to your partner as the "First Lady" or will it be the "First Man"? if the latter, wouldn't that technically put him in charge instead

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oh oh MNGC gets political...(Crew Members Only)