MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

To those interested in Autocrossing/tracking, READ THIS!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
ezpotato

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To those interested in Autocrossing/tracking, READ THIS!

Novice Autocross Drivers School

MAC will once again be hosting 2 day driving schools intended for NOVICE (less than 1 season experience, no previous autocross school) autocrossers who want to learn more about the sport, how to get started, what to bring, how to prepare, how an event is conducted, how to get the most from your driving experience, and more!

Saturday April 28th - Classroom session
Dunwoody College of Technology (Skogmo Room)
818 Dunwoody Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55403-1192
9:00am - 1:00 PM

Sunday April 29th - Driving Instruction
Midway Stadium
1771 Energy Park Drive
Saint Paul, MN 55108-2720
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Lunch provided

Cost: $50

REFUND POLICY
Minnesota Autosports Club (MAC) has a No Refund policy for online registrations.

Exceptions to this policy may be granted at the sole discretion of a MAC Officer, in cases of significant hardship - such as a serious injury or illness, death in the immediate family, or auto accident. All refund requests must be submitted in writing (electronic or paper) to the MAC Treasurer not later than 10 days after the event for which a refund is being requested, and will be subject to a $5.00 service charge.

Per Met Council Autocross Rules, refunds will be provided if your car fails to pass Safety Inspection at an event, and you are thus unable to compete in that event.

Get a permanent number:

Minnesota Autosports Club - The Front Page
It will always be under "FRONT PAGE NEWS" and the subject line will always start with "Permanent Number Update".
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I put this on the calendar already as well gangsta...prop good to actually post this though!

Last edited by 1cleanG; 03-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
ezpotato

guys this is a great way to get your feet wet if you have never done anything with your car. you learn the basics of events, and then actually get a day to drive around a small course and learn the basics. it's low key, no pressure, so I would recommend anyone do it.

if you're worried about your "prettiness" of your car, well... maybe you shouldnt be tracking. but i wanna encourage people to spend the 50$ for this and do it, and I can almost guarantee you will get sucked in!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
ezpotato

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
I put this on the calendar already as well gangsta
yeah i saw, i just wnana call special attention to it as I think it's a great stepping stone for people who are scared or who think autocrossing ruins your car.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
ezpotato

love the interest guys! i'll be out there alone!
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I'll come check it out. Not sure I'll participate but I'll definitely check it out lol I used to track my bike and I know for hand that anything track related get expensive quick. Not sure I need the added expense right now..
Old 03-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ezpotato
guys this is a great way to get your feet wet if you have never done anything with your car. you learn the basics of events, and then actually get a day to drive around a small course and learn the basics. it's low key, no pressure, so I would recommend anyone do it.

if you're worried about your "prettiness" of your car, well... maybe you shouldnt be tracking. but i wanna encourage people to spend the 50$ for this and do it, and I can almost guarantee you will get sucked in!
If I wasn't the best man at a wedding I would!!!! Frack
Old 03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Hoagie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really tempted. i'm just considering what Tevi is saying about the financial aspect of tracking a car. on the other hand, i'm getting a new motor this spring so this would be a good time to F with the old motor once i get the swap approved. since i'm gonna be in Egypt for like 3 weeks starting mid May, i was thinking on waiting to get the engine done till after i come back anyways so i can have enough time to test their work (and they're def of the kind that needs checking after!). and i'm not really that lowered at all and my rims are stock so i don't really see anything getting damaged on my car. although i might need to get those endlinks before hand. i guess worse case scenario would be for my endlinks to snap on the track which i wouldn't think would cause a lot of damage? hmmmm what to do what to do
Old 03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Hoagie

Emad, am i gonna have to get a helmet and all the safty gear (whatever that is) for this event or is then kinda like show up with your car and mess around on the track to get used to the whole thing? it sounds like the latter.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
bigblackG

is that a one time only class? do they have classes in other locations or other dates as well?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM
ezpotato

i think they do have events at diff location at diff times. i'll find out.

from what i've gathered this is a very brief intro to autox'ing. the second day on the track is in a parking lot coned off, and you get the basic physics and rules of how an auto-x event works. it wont involve hardcore turning or anything, so no one should worry about ruining anything on their car. it's a controlled environment to get you the feel of autox and if you think you wanna do it. i think you may have to bring a helmet but i'll find out tonight. hossam, you should def do it. youre the only one who has expressed interest. lance you should do it too, just to learn on sat and get some tiny drive time on sun.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I did one for the first time last summer and had an absolute BLAST. Car was completely stock to lol.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Hoagie

I'm signing up the first of the month. i'm spending a ton this month already.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
ezpotato

sweet man thats awesome. you'll love it.

autox is awesome. the only thing that sucks is the wait time for a 40 second lap... like a roller coaster. 45 mins wait for 2 mins of thrill
Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by ezpotato
sweet man thats awesome. you'll love it.

autox is awesome. the only thing that sucks is the wait time for a 40 second lap... like a roller coaster. 45 mins wait for 2 mins of thrill
do you get any practice time? I just need some wheels to do it with, and I'm in!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To those interested in Autocrossing/tracking, READ THIS!