MN G CREW This is the subforum for the MN G CREW

looking for g35 for when I get home from deployment

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looking for g35 for when I get home from deployment

I am currently in Iraq right now and I am still looking for a g35 to buy when I get home for good sometime around May. I want a 2005 OB coupe. I looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys when I get back.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maDUECEgunner
I am currently in Iraq right now and I am still looking for a g35 to buy when I get home for good sometime around May. I want a 2005 OB coupe. I looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys when I get back.
Nice man I don't think it will be too difficult to find a black coupe...seems half of the G's they made are that color. But I'm curious why an 05 vs. maybe an 06? There are some subtle styling and redesign changes between the years and I'm just wondering if you're already aware of those and have considered that. Also, are you looking for a manual or 5AT?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
maDUECEgunner

Originally Posted by mysticmotion
Nice man I don't think it will be too difficult to find a black coupe...seems half of the G's they made are that color. But I'm curious why an 05 vs. maybe an 06? There are some subtle styling and redesign changes between the years and I'm just wondering if you're already aware of those and have considered that. Also, are you looking for a manual or 5AT?
I have been leading more towards the 05 because of the price, considering the list of parts I want. If I can find a nicely priced 06 I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have been doing research on here and g35driver for the past couple months now. ill take either a 5AT or 6MT.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
do you know about when you'll be returning??
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Where exactly are you from?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:39 PM
mysticmotion

Originally Posted by DGGal
do you know about when you'll be returning??
His first post says May.

I have been leading more towards the 05 because of the price, considering the list of parts I want. If I can find a nicely priced 06 I would buy it in a heartbeat. I have been doing research on here and g35driver for the past couple months now. ill take either a 5AT or 6MT.

In my opinion...go with a 6spd. Almost everyone that I know that got a 5AT wishes they would have gotten a 6mt instead after the fact. And another thing to consider is on 05+ coupes, the revup with 6MT does have more power than the 5AT (298 vs. 280). If you want a more comprehensive list of differences, go to inifinitihelp.com and you can go the the coupe section (it will be listed in the G37 coupe section but just date back the model year to get to the G35s) and get the breakdown of everything that changes from year to year. It's also a nice site for info on recalls and other stuff Inifiniti related.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

In my opinion...go with a 6spd. Almost everyone that I know that got a 5AT wishes they would have gotten a 6mt instead after the fact.

couldn't have said it any better because I was am a perfect example of one of those people(went from an '06 g35 5at to an '08 G37s 6MT)...and prrrrrrretty sure JANIK will post on this comment...hense..."WANNABE6MT" for the longest time was his sn
Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Yea... the 6MT is a hoot... lol there are definitely days where I miss the 5AT. It is a lot easier to cruise and drive nicely with the auto than the 6speed haha I am far too tempted to run it through the gears. Have to restrain myself.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Songle6MT

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you like driving a manual car, absolutely buy a 6mt. Unless you don't want to deal with it everyday. Personally I have been dead set on a 6mt and have been looking for one for 10 months. Have thought about just buying a 5at but decided I wouldn't be happy.

Just buy a 6mt

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Yea... the 6MT is a hoot... lol there are definitely days where I miss the 5AT. It is a lot easier to cruise and drive nicely with the auto than the 6speed haha I am far too tempted to run it through the gears. Have to restrain myself.
It's going to be really tempting when there are 2 6mt g's sitting in garages next to each other
Old 11-17-2011, 08:42 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

His first post says May.
lol...must have missed that small detail...
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 AM
maDUECEgunner

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Where exactly are you from?
I'm from Duluth. A 6mt would be nice but everyday driving with my old prelude was a b**** in duluth. It's pretty much just up to what the best deal I can get is.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 AM
p-51ss
Minnesota G owners

Yeah Duluth can be harsh on drivers for all the hils around, coupled with the massive amounts of snow they get there.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 AM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

I'm from Duluth. A 6mt would be nice but everyday driving with my old prelude was a b**** in duluth. It's pretty much just up to what the best deal I can get is.
wow, yeah, scary....
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

on NICE! Was just making sure you were local that's all! Some members seems to find our subforum by mistake who anywhere near MN.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
maDUECEgunner

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
on NICE! Was just making sure you were local that's all! Some members seems to find our subforum by mistake who anywhere near MN.
Its good to find a group of local guys here. I will definitely be hitting up as many meets and events as I can. the road trip in may would be so sweet but its cutting it to close to the end of my deployment, and I might not have a g by then. I CANT WAIT TO FINALLY COME HOME!

Quick Reply: looking for g35 for when I get home from deployment