New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TomPeters
Janik - Looking good buddy!!!!

Mike - I say leave the pipes on for the trip as that will take care of the break in period. I will meet up with you later today to what it sounds like in person.
Could you meet me at the Honda dealership around 130 or 2? I will be done then and might head over to my friend who is going to help inspect some stuff since my work place isn't wanting to do anything cuz they think I'm crazy....I know a few guys mentioned rattling in there and mine sounds similar...so much so to the point that I don't wanna go WOT for fear that other people around me hear it and will laugh
Old 05-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

FCK.....Pretty sure this is the problem that I'm having. A few other guys had mentioned the same thing....so I'm debating if I wanna stick em out with it or not....

Hey Guys.

I passed the 1500 mile mark on my G37's ART pipes. Wanted to give an update. The Rattle I was complaining about earlier in this thread has completely GONE AWAY as promised by Tony.

There are no signs whatsoever anymore. Not during cold, warm, or HOT engine operation. I didn't have to drive the car abnormally to make the sound go away, and I think that may be why it took my rattle a little longer to disappear. I normally tend to stay off the throttle more than others.

Sound is much more dampened now. Wicked throaty when you're deep on the pedal, but muted when you want it to be.

So happy with my purchase. Thanks so much Tony for your patience in working with my issue. Can't wait for the rest of the Motordyne exhaust now!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:20 PM
mysticmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I don't wanna go WOT for fear that other people around me hear it and will laugh
Mike, we laugh at you anyways so it doesn't matter
Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 PM
SuperCleanG

Mike just put ur berks back on ur exhaust setup was perfect. U can sell the art pipes for what u bought them for. Im sure the diff is not gonna b crazy performance wise. The smell is gonna suck on this long *** drive. But on the bright side u will always b high from the fumes.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:41 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Mikey_ Glad it worked out in the end

Janik_ The sedan is looking ubber clean
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Looks awesome with the drop. I just can't get over how funny it is that you guys looked far and wide forever to find wheels that you liked and in the end you ended up going with Stocks.....LMFAO!
Yeah I know. I spent 100x more time than Janik looking at wheels/offsets, etc. too. Until an aftermarket wheel jumps out at me again (that I can afford) I will run these.

Originally Posted by mysticmotion
Mike, we laugh at you anyways so it doesn't matter
Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
You just gotta make gut feelings and just buy em. Sitting around looking at **** and it didnt even get you anywhere haha. You ended up buying the wheels you swore you wouldn't buy hahahaha isn't it funny how things go in a billion different directions?

My 19s are the wheels I originally wanted. And thats what I ended up with. Just took a mistake with 20s to figure out that my gut feeling was right all along!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by WannabeSport
You just gotta make gut feelings and just buy em. Sitting around looking at **** and it didnt even get you anywhere haha. You ended up buying the wheels you swore you wouldn't buy hahahaha isn't it funny how things go in a billion different directions?

My 19s are the wheels I originally wanted. And thats what I ended up with. Just took a mistake with 20s to figure out that my gut feeling was right all along!
Yeah my gut feeling on going with 20's and the 20's I actually chose worked out so well for me . My mind goes in a billion different directions everyday.

But I bought "the wheels I swore I wouldn't buy" because they are 19's, very light, not very expensive, and I ABSOLUTELY didn't want to go to FL on stock wheels, to my car at least

I like the look of the wheel and it will get me by for at least a while, or heck, maybe I will even keep them for a few years
Old 05-12-2012, 02:26 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
You need to take it for a drive and see if they shake. I am curious about that.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 AM
Songle6MT

Was a very,very long day. Got more stuff accomplished on other peoples cars than my own but here is my cars mods/maintenance for the day....

Fender roll, was a little interesting to get the hang of, but once you do it goes by quick!

Then onto a full brake job. Slotted rotors/hawk pads all around.

No picture of finished product...yet
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where did you get the fender roller?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Songle6MT

Originally Posted by maDUECEgunner
where did you get the fender roller?
I got it from Peng which got it from a really old member of the forums I believe. I just returned it tonight.

I would get a hold of Emad (EzPotato) or Kyle(Kemmerish?), I believe they are getting a hold of one sometime in the near future.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
kkemmerich

Originally Posted by Songle6MT
I got it from Peng which got it from a really old member of the forums I believe. I just returned it tonight.

I would get a hold of Emad (EzPotato) or Kyle(kkemmerich), I believe they are getting a hold of one sometime in the near future.
Lol... nice try. Yeah I have been searching for one for a while and it sounds like Emad knows a guy or two that may have one.

There is a guy on mnsc that has one but asked me to pay $50/fender
For that price I'll buy the d@mn eastwood fender rolling tool myself.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kkemmerich
Lol... nice try. Yeah I have been searching for one for a while and it sounds like Emad knows a guy or two that may have one.

There is a guy on mnsc that has one but asked me to pay $50/fender
For that price I'll buy the d@mn eastwood fender rolling tool myself.
dang..not cool
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
maDUECEgunner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
screw $50 a fender.... heat gun and baseball bat time...

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<