Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Shiny!! I want to see mounted pic
Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea that was one of the reason's why I decided on this, also when someone said that this made an extra 8 hp under the usable spectrum of the power band vs Stillen being all the way out to redline/top end to make power. We will see, I posted up a thread talking about before/after dyno pics and info. So hopefully we can see once and for all what this thing can do. It will be slightly subjective since I have my cats on there, but if anything that just means it should open up even more under the power band with the most restrictive part being gone
Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Yea that was one of the reason's why I decided on this, also when someone said that this made an extra 8 hp under the usable spectrum of the power band vs Stillen being all the way out to redline/top end to make power. We will see, I posted up a thread talking about before/after dyno pics and info. So hopefully we can see once and for all what this thing can do. It will be slightly subjective since I have my cats on there, but if anything that just means it should open up even more under the power band with the most restrictive part being gone
Im definitely looking 4ward to it. I'm like right on the edge or ordering Gen3's, but I wanna see what your R2C's will produce first. They seem to be a popular intake, not to mention are a HE// OF A LOT easier to install compared to the Gen3's. I've read that they are a complete biznatch to install.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Im definitely looking 4ward to it. I'm like right on the edge or ordering Gen3's, but I wanna see what your R2C's will produce first. They seem to be a popular intake, not to mention are a HE// OF A LOT easier to install compared to the Gen3's. I've read that they are a complete biznatch to install.
Yea no kidding. Sadly the worst part of these were screwing the piping onto the heat shields. It should take me 15 to 20 minutes to remove the factory air boxes and install these! I'm very excited for it, I actually made a post listing that I was going to do a before and after dyno last night around midnight and it's already generating some buzz I'm curious to see what the diff is since I already have the Cats on there with the intakes.....hmmmmm, it should scream
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
U should get the gen3. This way we ll have first hand power gain comparison between the two intakes
Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by soolman32
U should get the gen3. This way we ll have first hand power gain comparison between the two intakes
I spoke to kris about it yesterday. If I would have been able to get it here by Friday I would have purchased it, but wasn't able to.

My dyno will be bone stock with my FI catback. Should be a great chart to send to Tony @ FI. Then my next dyno will include my RHFC's and intake).
Old 07-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

I spoke to kris about it yesterday. If I would have been able to get it here by Friday I would have purchased it, but wasn't able to.

My dyno will be bone stock with my FI catback. Should be a great chart to send to Tony @ FI. Then my next dyno will include my RHFC's and intake).
Nice! I wanna see what your FI puts down for power! I saw a graph of the 08 Sedans and they showed some nice gains on the 35HR. But this will be great for me to pull the trigger on the FI Exhaust! I'm really curious to see what the curve of mine with the intake looks like in comparison to your exhaust
Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
Nice! I wanna see what your FI puts down for power! I saw a graph of the 08 Sedans and they showed some nice gains on the 35HR. But this will be great for me to pull the trigger on the FI Exhaust! I'm really curious to see what the curve of mine with the intake looks like in comparison to your exhaust
I would think that your HFC's would have just as much of a gain as my catback.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Just wet myself when I saw this in car video of the R2C, I'm not sure what else he has on it for mods...but OH MY GAWD!

http://vimeo.com/4217567

I also wanted to show this off too. This is what I was speaking about in regards to the power band....made my jaw drop!

Last edited by Alpha Ice; 07-20-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Pics of someone's mounted on a silver G. I LOVE the look of em

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Man, its weird because i was pretty much dead set on Stillen Gen3's until I've been reading up on them...here's the deciding factor for me....

Originally Posted by dainjarouz
im thinking if you want straight power/speed like for racing/dragging: Stillen.
if you want driveability and more useable power: R2C.
Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
What he said. R2C has more usable power through the midrange and do not lean out the mixture. Stillen cause A/F ratio to be way off. With a proper tune, both setups will gain a little more power
Tuner had to richen my buddies car up a lot in order to put the mixture back within a safe range cause him to loose some of the initial WHP from the first dyno pull.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Man, its weird because i was pretty much dead set on Stillen Gen3's until I've been reading up on them...here's the deciding factor for me....
Haha! I read both of those, and the first post was what sold me on the R2C, also the fact that someone bought a Stillen Gen 3 and after installing it he switched BACK to the R2C for the fun factor. Look in the mod thread and look at the dyno chart, and also look at the vid. Makes me all giddy like a school girl
Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Branman36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my Injen Cold Air Induction installed today !
Attached Thumbnails New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-img00632-20110720-1444.jpg   New Mods?? Show it off &gt;&gt;HERE&lt;&lt;-img00633-20110720-1444.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Originally Posted by Branman36
Just got my Injen Cold Air Induction installed today !
Damn, that looks awesome too. I was half tempted to get those or the Gens 3 since I had the Injen's before and they were awesome. Do you live in the area Bran?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Branman36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phone picture :-(

I will take better rez shots when I get home to my real camera. Couldn't wait so I had to phone upload from my work parking lot.

I live in New Jersey (don't judge haha)

Quick Reply: New Mods?? Show it off >>HERE<<