Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Know a good detailing shop in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 04:00 AM
milosz
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Know a good detailing shop in Chicago?

I'd like to get my 2013 G37x detailed - not a "car show" type uber-detail, but a good inside cleaning and a nice buffing of the exterior.

Any suggestions for a detailing shop in Chicago?

I'm looking for a place that will do a proper job of cleaning and conditioning the leather - it's had normal wear, is not filthy- and clean the trim inside, dust the crevices, etc. Again- not a "car show" level of service but just a thorough interior cleaning with attention paid to details- and a place that knows how to properly do a normal cleaning of the leather.

And for the exterior, I want a light buffing to bring up the shine and have some wax or other protectant applied. The car doesn't need to be clay-barred, or deeply polished- it just needs to be buffed and waxed. I think it would also be good to have the windshield polished, a good detailer ought to know how to do that.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:50 PM
pri.g
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
How far are you from Downers Grove?

I found a handwash place call Sudsational, I take the G there during the winter months. To your questions, they do several stage packages in term of wash and seal. They'll even ceramic coat if you want.

Locations -
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 PM
milosz
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by pri.g
How far are you from Downers Grove?

I found a handwash place call Sudsational, I take the G there during the winter months. To your questions, they do several stage packages in term of wash and seal. They'll even ceramic coat if you want.

Locations -
That's 27 miles from me. Thanks for the info. Looking at their web site it's clear they know what they're doing. Their little blurb on leather conditioning shows they understand the kind of leather used in car interiors, this is not something that a lot of the detail shops seem to grasp. If I can't find something closer, I'll go to them.

I have a local place I go for a regular hand wash, they do a decent job of that- and they offer "detailing" but it's nothing more than a more involved wash, a random orbital buff and some goop smeared on the dashboard. That's not the kind of "detailing" I want.

Last edited by milosz; 04-05-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:01 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
In my little podunk neck of the woods there are more than a few mobile detailers out there who come to you. If I have that here, then I am sure you can find someone like that local to you.