Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Exhaust setup help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:08 PM
VQ_Shadis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust setup help

Hey guys, trolled our forums for awhile on exhaust setups. At first, I ran a Megan axleback paired with berks resonated test pipes. This setup sounded basically stock, but you could hear it was restricted and had some rasp from the test pipes.

Switched to a non resonated topspeed axleback and kept the reso. test pipes on, and now I have arrived at "what the ****" level of loud. It's totally rad, and would sound awesome on a track, but holy s***t it's loud for daily driving... and I like loud.

Question is where to go from here - high flow cats, OEM cats (would have to buy some, my other ones were crapped out), or...... A resonated axleback of another brand again and leave test pipes on? I also have a pair of resonated fast intentions test pipes in the garage somewhere I could always try swapping but I have a feeling this current setup is a combination of noise from the straight axleback paired with the test pipes. From what ive read the HFCs have a more subtle but deeper sound, so, hopefully everyone's wisdom can kick in here.

​​​​​​**And no I don't have the money for an expensive cat back or a tanabe axleback, that's why I've accrued these various parts over a years+ time....Would love to have just splurged on a cat back but for now, just trying to optimize what I have laying around. In the mean time, it's been fun working on my car and spending time with my buddies in the process seeing what works and what doesn't. All part of the game I suppose

Thanks guys!!