Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Test Pipes

Old 06-10-2017, 06:01 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Fast Intentions Test Pipes

Need some advice on test pipes. My sad story is that I listened to Stillen and got rid of my ART pipes prior to my SC install. My stock cats are burned out and I need to replace them before something bad happens. I would love to get the ART pipes back as I know they sound great, but I can't get over the cost. I'm looking at the FI test pipes as an option. I really hate rasp and drone. Does anyone have experience with the FI pipes with an exhaust system? I'm running the Invidia exhaust. I considered the Invidia pipes, but have read that they are super raspy. Any suggestions / videos greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:30 AM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I had the resonated FI pipes on my car for a while. As a matter of fact they're for sale if you want them. It was paired with a straight through exhaust so I did have a fair bit of drone/rasp so I can't say from experience what you'll experience with your Invidia. They do sound amazing at WOT and the pitch completely changes past 4.5k revs. It's the only test pipes I've owned though so I can't say much.
Sound clips of it paired to my exhaust are here to give you an idea: https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...-axleback.html
Old 06-13-2017, 12:34 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

sent you a PM
Old 06-16-2017, 02:54 AM
gearheadrd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Test pipes will make the exhaust sound very raspy. With a supercharger, it amplifies the raspy sound even more.

Instead of getting test pipes, high flow cats will still net you a good power gain, but with much less exhaust rasp.

If that's still not enough, then you always have the option to add more resonators along the exhaust. Just make sure you get the good quality ones like Magnaflow.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:56 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gearheadrd
Test pipes will make the exhaust sound very raspy. With a supercharger, it amplifies the raspy sound even more.

Instead of getting test pipes, high flow cats will still net you a good power gain, but with much less exhaust rasp.

If that's still not enough, then you always have the option to add more resonators along the exhaust. Just make sure you get the good quality ones like Magnaflow.
Resonated test pipes typically do not add rasp. I had the ART pipes pre S/C and had no rasp at all. FI advertises that their resonated pipes do not add rasp, that is why I was considering them. It not really about power gain for me as I am presently at 443WHP. I just don't want to lose any
Old 07-19-2018, 06:42 PM
dominoesv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yellafella
I had the resonated FI pipes on my car for a while. As a matter of fact they're for sale if you want them. It was paired with a straight through exhaust so I did have a fair bit of drone/rasp so I can't say from experience what you'll experience with your Invidia. They do sound amazing at WOT and the pitch completely changes past 4.5k revs. It's the only test pipes I've owned though so I can't say much.
Sound clips of it paired to my exhaust are here to give you an idea: https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...-axleback.html

I know this is old but do you still have the puppi for sale
Old 07-25-2018, 10:32 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by goredcar
Resonated test pipes typically do not add rasp. I had the ART pipes pre S/C and had no rasp at all. FI advertises that their resonated pipes do not add rasp, that is why I was considering them. It not really about power gain for me as I am presently at 443WHP. I just don't want to lose any
You will not lose you much WHP with HFC's ( Like 3-5) maybe. I had them on my SC and made 467
Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM
goredcar
Registered Member

Thanks ANMVQ... I went back to the ART pipes. Love the sound and the TQ increase is noticeable. I think they are a little louder with the SC. I had this exact exhaust setup before FI and it was nice and deep. Now it has more of a roar LOL

Search this Thread